Archery Range increase

*Nod* Archery's thing is enhanced accuracy ~1.15 vs 1 not range, though it would have been fun if it had a boost range effect incorporated somewhere or somehow via a slightly more thematic method than via Energy Manipulation's Boost Range.

@arcane biggest issue (if you can consider it that way) is finding usage for a perma-Boost Range 'Clarionated' Archer.  "Yes I just shot you from orbit, Mr Centurion" opportunities are pretty much limited to outdoor maps.  Then again what else you going to do with those extra builds.  One with lots of blapper attacks for tight close quarters cave/indoor maps and a second built to be a really extreme long range hover blaster. 

Edited by Doomguide2005

8 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

My archer blaster is the safest and honestly most fun blaster I have. No buffs needed that I see.

Revisiting archery recently I was surprised at how strong blazing arrow is.  It has better DPA the regular big blasts other than ice/fire/psi.  Pretty good damage rotating with your snipe and a good secondary attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being an archer IRL, I can tell you that in order to get distance you have to elevate your firing angle in which the arrow will fly along parabolic curve to get the maximum amount of distance possible. It's essentially indirect fire. You have to account for things like gravity, wind, wind resistance of the arrow, the arrows weight, the draw weight of the bow used, the speed of the arrow in flight, time to hit it's target, the target's velocity, elevation, and trajectory and the release of your arrow.

The further distance you shoot a target there are compounding potentials for failure. This game simplifies archery significantly.

I wouldn't be able to support a straight distance bonus, however you have me what kinds of arrows are used. A poisoned arrow, a spring loaded broadhead, flaming arrows, barbed arrows, field points have all been used throughout history. Hell I've even been inebriated enough to mount fireworks onto a few arrows, ignite the fuse and fire the arrow (very dangerous, don't do that) that you could watch the fireworks propulsion kick in mid-flight as the arrow was about to curve and the you have essentially a rocket propelled arrow that has an explosive on it.

Therefore maybe something akin to swap arrow is more pragmatic as it would have better synergy with trick arrow.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/22/2022 at 8:55 PM, Doomguide2005 said:

Then again what else you going to do with those extra builds.  One with lots of blapper attacks for tight close quarters cave/indoor maps and a second built to be a really extreme long range hover blaster. 

Yep. I don’t have two builds on that character but this is how I do it on other blasters if I do. An all-ranged that only uses the secondary for the build up and mitigation powers (maybe a proc bombed ranged hold too), often with Fly and perhaps Intuition over Musculature… and then the other build always takes the PBAoE and heavy hitter from the secondary. Switch back and forth with handy little macro buttons as needed 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/20/2022 at 1:02 AM, arcane said:

They're all ordinary range already.

Play Archery/Energy with Clarion Radial though if you wanna go real wild 🙂

i had an archery/energy blaster back on live, with boost range you could pretty much play the entire game whilst sitting comfortably under the statue of atlas 😁