Anyone know what the update is?

Tankshock

They need to hurry up.  I had to sit through a 90-minute training session about "work life balance" this morning without the ability to play CoH on one of my other screens. 

(Yes.  There's something deliciously ironic about gaming during a work-mandated training session about work-life balance.)

• Haha 9
  • Thumbs Up 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

25 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Can I at least give Canada part of the blame?

Sorry, but no... 😛 

It may upset Captain Canada? on Excelsior, and I for one certanly wouldn't want that at all, as he is a very good egg... 🙂 

Blame the Romulans instead lol...

Peace...

27 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

They need to hurry up.  I had to sit through a 90-minute training session about "work life balance" this morning without the ability to play CoH on one of my other screens. 

(Yes.  There's something deliciously ironic about gaming during a work-mandated training session about work-life balance.)

CLASSIC!!!!!!! lmao

2 minutes ago, Tankshock said:

Where did you get this info?  Still having the same problems on Indomitable.

The Homecoming Discord server.  File a /petition in-game and specifically mention that it needs to be brought to Telephone's attention.

Anyone care to share the problem they're seeing?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Thanks for sharing.

I dimly recall someone created a pack-opening macro, has anyone tried that?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

15 hours ago, Tenebrose said:

It's been happening for about a month now.

How many characters do you have?

Do you have characters on multiple servers?

buy some salvage and sell it. Sell it at a low enough price that you can clear the sale.

Then try pulling a card pack item from email with that character. Also try buying a superpack with that character and opening it.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

9 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

How many characters do you have?

Do you have characters on multiple servers?

buy some salvage and sell it. Sell it at a low enough price that you can clear the sale.

Then try pulling a card pack item from email with that character. Also try buying a superpack with that character and opening it.

Characters: 81 on Torch, smattering on other servers

Multiple servers: yes, although others are rarely played

Logged into my main character. Purchased and opened 92 super packs. Claimed a hoard of ATOs from email. Put some of them on the AH. Tried to claim more. At this point it failed.

Logged into a character that's been offline 382 days on Indom.

Bought a Clockwork Winder. Sold it.

Tried pulling a tailor session. Failed.

Bought a R&V super pack. Claimed it from AH. Tried to open it. Failed.

I've tried a little of everything at this point. It doesn't matter how many packs are opened, how many things are claimed, how many items are sold, or how long it's been since the account was logged in. I've personally been offline for days, logged in, immediately attempted to claim a single convertor, and had it fail. Others with nearly no items in their email and who only opened a couple super packs had this issue occur. It's occurring across servers, and it seems to have started around one month ago for everyone. From what I'm hearing, it's likely an issue with the SQS queue used to queue up actions with the AH and Email. That does make sense if it's deadlocking. It's also possible that some chunk of code that throttles requests to the AH is choking out.

I dunno, what's update with you?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Logged into a character that's been offline 382 days on Indom.

Bought a Clockwork Winder. Sold it.

Tried pulling a tailor session. Failed.

Bought a R&V super pack. Claimed it from AH. Tried to open it. Failed.

This cleared it for me when it first happened, but I can't say that I have opened that many card packs at once  since the Winter Packs are on sale.

perhaps there is a an in-built cap in the game somewhere that limits the number of card pack that can be opened in a day. 

Perhaps after it resolved again, limit to opening 25-30 card packs a day and see if that stops it from happening again.

It's occurring across servers, and it seems to have started around one month ago for everyone.

They time it happened to me was couple of months ago.

I think it was not long after the Winter event ended ... or so it seems to me ... time seems to be running wonky for me these says, so honestly can't accurately track time unless I wrote down a date somewhere.

I do good bit of trading, but I'm not buying or opening more than 20 pr so super packs at one time. 

I'm also not pulling lots of converters or unslotters at one time.

I think I pull the max of 100 of 20x brainstorms at a time, but that hasn't clocked me up.

I don't buy card packs and then flip everything immediately, so that might have something to do with me not locking up when other people are.

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

8 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Perhaps after it resolved again, limit to opening 25-30 card packs a day and see if that stops it from happening again.

This has been happening on accounts that have only ever opened a couple of packs in a day. I've also waited a few days in the past, and then had it happen after opening only one pack. This was an extreme example, far beyond what I usually do. After I proved it would happen with just one pack, I wanted to see if the other extreme fell in line. Plus, I've been opening 30+ packs for about a year without ever experiencing this issue. It started at the same time others started complaining about this bug.

Yes, it could be a problem with just having too many things in email or on the auction house. But that doesn't explain why people who only open a few packs started having this issue at the same time. Unless, overall, the players hit a limit that the SQS tables can't handle. I think this is the most likely scenario.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tenebrose said:

Yes, it could be a problem with just having too many things in email or on the auction house.

Since it is resolved for me, I don't think that is an issue of "having" too many things in email or the auction house.

I have a huge inventory in the auction house well over 30 characters with full rotating-stock auction house slots and many more that are full, but I only rotate stock as I play those characters.

I may not have reached "some unseen" cap on storage of email from card packs, but I do have a large email from card packs inventory. (I will say that I have moved a large amount of card pack enhances into base storage for easier access and distribution. In fact, all my Winter Pack enhances are now in base storage, so could Winter Packs be playing a part in the issue? There was that glitch going on.)

I also do very little gaming on Excelsior. With the other Excelsior issues going on, could Excelsior be part of the culprit in this?

Edited by UltraAlt

2 hours ago, Tenebrose said:

Unless, overall, the players hit a limit that the SQS tables can't handle. I think this is the most likely scenario.

Yeah.  It's sounding more and more like that Homecoming, Excelsior in particular, is starting to run into hard SQL table limits.  The game's databases were just not designed to handle having hundreds of thousands of accounts with up to 1,000 characters per shard.