Non-rune option for Sorcery - Arcane Bolt

biostem

Simple request - could we get a generic energy ball/bolt option for Arcane Bolt - keep the animation exactly the same, but instead of the rune, just have your character project a generic energy ball or bolt.  As an added bonus, perhaps we could get a simply will 'o the wisps or other option for the "Arcane" effect as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Like the Rune of Warding, or even more generic than that? Because I'd really like a permanent version of the Rune of Warding.

I was thinking a generic energy ball, but more options are always welcome!

I have brought this up before..

Every power pool should have complete alternate animation. 

E.G. AR/Device character should have the option of some tech or out of gun animation for example with Arcane.

I have a hard time agreeing with that. The Sorcery pool should be arcane in appearance. Now, a tech pool that has similar abilities would be interesting. So I think it would be better for the devs to finish the origin pools rather than make the magic origin pool have tech options.

Edit: To be clear, I am fine with non-rune animations for the Sorcery pool. I am against tech animations for it though.

Edited by Rudra

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I have a hard time agreeing with that. The Sorcery pool should be arcane in appearance. Now, a tech pool that has similar abilities would be interesting. So I think it would be better for the devs to finish the origin pools rather than make the magic origin pool have tech options.

Edit: To be clear, I am fine with non-rune animations for the Sorcery pool. I am against tech animations for it though.

Even if we rule out some sort of tech animation option, simply replacing the rune with a generic ball of energy would, IMHO, both permit options for magic characters that don't necessarily cast runes, and allow non-magic character to RP it.  I mean, we have options for mystic flight and translocation that omit the runes...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, biostem said:

Even if we rule out some sort of tech animation option, simply replacing the rune with a generic ball of energy would, IMHO, both permit options for magic characters that don't necessarily cast runes, and allow non-magic character to RP it.  I mean, we have options for mystic flight and translocation that omit the runes...

Uhm... yeah... that would be part of why I said I was fine with non-rune animations....

• Thumbs Up 1