If you could make a new Enhancement type, what would it be?

I'd make an "Increase Effect Magnitude" enhancement even if it came with reduced duration of the effect. You could use it for standard CC like holds/immobs/sleeps and what have you, and maybe even Phase/Detention powers.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

7 hours ago, biostem said:

Do you mean an enh that adds a stealth effect to defense powers, or one that increases the range/effectiveness of powers that already grant stealth?

One which increases the existing stealth radius. We already have procs that add stealth to a power (celerity, etc). I was thinking of something that enhanced the existing stealth radius, much like a range enh increases the distance of a ranged ability. So you could pick stealth, and enhance it to be better.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

I'd make an "Increase Effect Magnitude" enhancement even if it came with reduced duration of the effect. You could use it for standard CC like holds/immobs/sleeps and what have you, and maybe even Phase/Detention powers.

As cool as that would be, I think it would be too powerful. If you could increase the magnitude of controls on other ATs, you would pretty much obsolete Controllers and Dominators.

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

1 hour ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

As cool as that would be, I think it would be too powerful. If you could increase the magnitude of controls on other ATs, you would pretty much obsolete Controllers and Dominators.

I don't really agree. Many players don't even take the control powers in non-control sets unless they also do something else they want or plan to load it up with procs. Nearly all of the control powers that aren't in a control set already have short duration and are often just single-target on top of that. Increasing the magnitude while reducing the duration is pretty much only going to be useful for upping a control into "affects the boss in one application" territory but it won't last very long.

The only issues I could see with something like this right away are toggle control powers like World of Confusion, Oppressive Gloom, or Cloak of Fear. Those powers could just not allow the enhancement. It's not like they would be outliers in that regard considering other powers have unenhanceable aspects that are normally enhanceable like Defense or Recharge.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

Activation Time Reduction.

It'll never happen because they're kinda tied to animations and because to date I don't think anyone has figured out if Acranatime is still Arcanatime or if it is marginally different between now and Live.

Either way, ActRdx enhancements are what I want.  I'll add it to the list of other things I'll never get and put the list back in its drawer.  I'll also see myself out.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 7/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, biostem said:

By that metric, slotting for acc also adds damage - after all, if you don't hit, you don't deal damage.  Similarly, regular range enhs would add damage, since if an enemy is out of range, you can't fire of the attack, thereby not dealing any damage.

There is a cap on accuracy. Adding more accuracy doesn't increase that cap, but it protects it against some debuffing.

This is the same way that have a large AoE area would help insure you can reach the target cap.

The range does not increase your damage nor does it increase the target cap. It in increases your range only; in no way does that increase your damage.

You're not making sense.

You are simply arguing with me at this point.

• Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:34 PM, DoctorDitko said:

Then I could finally port the Human Bystander from TT Champions to CoH.

(Dressed as a civilian, he stands around on the periphery of battles and doesn't seem to do anything but root for his team.)

Make sure to six slot your lower tier leadership pool powers as early as possible and level lock them.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:47 PM, mrstyle said:

A hold type enhancement that would force the target to start monologuing.

Unless they saying 25-50 generic things you would really be giving the DEVs a work out, and that enhancement would really annoy the heck out of the rest of the team pretty quickly.

"I think we are going to have to kick Sir-Makes-Them-Talk. Can anyone else see what is going on through all the word balloons? And why are Devouring Earth talking about taking a coffee break anyway?"

Bring back cone width enhancements. That would be awesome to turn a cone attack into a PBAoE or almost 360 attack. Or just to be able to make something like Piercing Beam and others like it not have to be so precise in aiming to maximize targets.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 10:04 AM, UltraAlt said:

Unless they saying 25-50 generic things you would really be giving the DEVs a work out, and that enhancement would really annoy the heck out of the rest of the team pretty quickly.

"I think we are going to have to kick Sir-Makes-Them-Talk. Can anyone else see what is going on through all the word balloons? And why are Devouring Earth talking about taking a coffee break anyway?"

I think a few generic statements saying how feeble our efforts are ...that thier plan worked perfectly etc... and then some talking animation would be great.....

I doubt it would cause issues for players and is a stable of the hero universe.....

Just my 2 cents

• Thumbs Up 1