If you could make a new Enhancement type, what would it be?

On 7/4/2022 at 5:37 AM, Draeth Darkstar said:

I'd pick "Enhanced Area of Effect." There's two reasons for this: one, it seems to me like the most obvious thing about powers that currently can't be enhanced (at least, not for all of them), and two, because I think it's really cool that you sort of can enhance the area of a cone via +Range enhancements, effectively making it bigger at the end of the range.

So I'm assuming the enhance AoE would increase the radius.

There used to be an cone enhancement that increased the length of the cone. I can't remember if all of the cones take normal range enhances at this point. I haven't really paid attention to that and THE CITY is has gone Dark City ....

7wpuN0n.gif

... for the maintenance.

I always thought it would be cool if the cone enhances increased the arc of the cone (which would also increase the width of outer reach of the cone)

On 7/4/2022 at 5:37 AM, Draeth Darkstar said:

I would make Area a Schedule B enhancement type (+20% on an even-level SO) the same as Range currently is, which would increase the radius of a PBAOE or TAOE, the arc of a Cone, or the maximum jump distance of a Chain. It would also increase the Target Cap of the power by 1/3rd of that value rounded to the nearest 10%. For example, at 3 even-level SOs, you'd get ~55% increased radius/arc/chain distance and 20% increased Target Cap, which would increase a Target Cap of 6 to 7, 10 to 12, or 16 to 19.

I would think that increasing the target cap on anything would be its own universal type and not likely to happen even in that mode.

Tanker's taunt capacity was reduced for a reason. It's for the that same reason that other powers target caps should be maintained. I think it is a good reason.

I'm assuming TAoE is a click on the map to activate AoE. The range modifier currently increase the distance away that you can "plant"/"click on the map".

I would think that the same kind of enhancement that could expand the radius of a AoE could be used to expand the radius of any other *AoE.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:45 AM, MrAxe said:

Damage Modification, buff the damage of Assault

What?! Provide a reason to slot up Leadership>Assault?!

On 7/4/2022 at 5:45 AM, MrAxe said:

Also a Taunt set with a knockdown proc.

The effect Taunt is now enhanced by "Threat Duration"

Well you could use Overwhelming Force: Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown or Avalanche: Recharge/Chance for Knockdown in any of the AoE that cause damage , but both are unique. Of course, you can't slot either in the power Taunt.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:46 AM, Gulbasaur said:

Thinking about it, a +special proc effect would be really handy.

Makes me think that a DoT enhancement that give additional damage for an extended length of time might be something.

Same goes for other effects. I think that the slows enhances currently increase the slow impact and not the length of time that the slow effect lasts.

So many be a "Duration" enhancement?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

43 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I would think that increasing the target cap on anything would be its own universal type and not likely to happen even in that mode.

Tanker's taunt capacity was reduced for a reason. It's for the that same reason that other powers target caps should be maintained. I think it is a good reason.

I'm assuming TAoE is a click on the map to activate AoE. The range modifier currently increase the distance away that you can "plant"/"click on the map".

I would think that the same kind of enhancement that could expand the radius of a AoE could be used to expand the radius of any other *AoE.

Targeted AoE covers both click-the-map (Rain of Fire) and point-and-click (Fireball), yeah.

There's a big difference between messing with the agro cap and the target cap, I woudn't think enhancements would be the place to mess with the agro cap if it did ever become possible.

Increasing the target cap of an AoE by 20% only increases its maximum possible damage output by 20%, which isn't an unusually large boost for 3 SOs worth of slotting compared to damage enhancement giving ~95% base damage for the same investment or procs that vary widlly but can do much, much more in optimal circumstances.

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

An enhancement they said would be available and never delivered on: change the damage type of the power to another damage type. I had visions of a character taking the Energy Blast set and having each attack power do a different damage type.  One does fire damage, another does cold damage, another does toxic, etc. 

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, gamingglen said:

An enhancement they said would be available and never delivered on: change the damage type of the power to another damage type. I had visions of a character taking the Energy Blast set and having each attack power do a different damage type.  One does fire damage, another does cold damage, another does toxic, etc. 

I think there was an issue with how damage types were "baked" into the powers, which is why they went with the various procs, (especially in the case of the Incarnate Interface powers).

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, biostem said:

I think there was an issue with how damage types were "baked" into the powers, which is why they went with the various procs, (especially in the case of the Incarnate Interface powers).

Seems more likely that procs were always the idea and it just got communicated poorly.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

There's a big difference between messing with the agro cap and the target cap, I woudn't think enhancements would be the place to mess with the agro cap if it did ever become possible.

Agro Cap and Target Cap are both equal to the number of enemies affected. They are essentially the same thing.

The extra damage dealt by adding additional targets reduces the end cost versus damage done. If you increase the number of targets then the end cost should increase proportionally.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

18 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

The extra damage dealt by adding additional targets reduces the end cost versus damage done. If you increase the number of targets then the end cost should increase proportionally.

If you put a proc into a power that causes it to deal more damage, (or any damage, if it wouldn't have done any before), the end cost doesn't go up... so why would it in this case?  Really, the limiting factor is 6 slots per power - increase the AoE, but now it won't be as accurate, won't deal as much outright damage, be available as often, etc...

Edited by biostem

I'd just like to see Damage enhancement worked into more sets, so you don't (for example) have to choose between a set that adds Damage or a set that increases Hold duration. There should be a set that does both.

Edited by Supertanker
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, biostem said:

If you put a proc into a power that causes it to deal more damage, (or any damage, if it wouldn't have done any before), the end cost doesn't go up... so why would it in this case?  Really, the limiting factor is 6 slots per power - increase the AoE, but now it won't be as accurate, won't deal as much outright damage, be available as often, etc...

Can you only slot one of them in a power? and the proc damages are minor. They doesn't deal the kind of damage most power do.

15 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Can you only slot one of them in a power? and the proc damages are minor. They doesn't deal the kind of damage most power do.

You can make some powers, which deal no damage, now do so.  What % increase is that?  There are also some "proc mule" powers that can take multiple.  Regardless, none increase the end cost of the power...

Control+damage sets?
Immob proc in a Fear set?

Confuse set with a chance for +2 Mag confuse proc?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Increase Duration.

Imagine longer lasting tornadoes, bonfires, rains, etc…

For extra build spice design those sets with low recharge enhancement values. (Recharge set bonus at 5-6 slot is ok though.)

”do you want to recycle your powers quicker or make them last longer?”

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

2 hours ago, biostem said:

You can make some powers, which deal no damage, now do so.  What % increase is that?  There are also some "proc mule" powers that can take multiple.  Regardless, none increase the end cost of the power...

We have both stated our points.

I think we are at the point where we can agree that we disagree on this.

21 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

We have both stated our points.

I think we are at the point where we can agree that we disagree on this.

But you have not defended your point.  NO enhancement increases the end cost of any powers - there simply is no precedent.  Heck, I could even see an AoE increase enh not increasing the max target count.  We do have a rough equivalent, though, via the incarnate judgement powers, which do affect more targets as you rank them up...

It would be nice if there was an Enhancement Set that could be slotted into Powers that only take Reduced Endurance / Reduced Recharge Enhancements, giving the opportunity for additional Set Bonuses, Procs or Unique Attributes. Almost every Power Set has a power where IO Sets can't be slotted, and so It would be useable by almost everyone. 

• Thumbs Up 2

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

11 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Agro Cap and Target Cap are both equal to the number of enemies affected. They are essentially the same thing.

No? The agro cap is 16, period, and you can very much be agroed by enemies you've never touched as well as damage enemies that can't agro you because you're at the cap already. It has nothing to do with individual power target caps, which range from 1 to 255.

11 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

The extra damage dealt by adding damage enhancements, accuracy enhancements, and damage procs, and buffs, the Interface powers, the Tanker inherent target caps modifiers, and pretty much everything else reduces the end cost versus damage done. That's how enhancements work, for the most part. The only thing you can enhance a damaging power for that doesn't share that relationship is recharge, which is endurance-neutral per cast.

Edited by Draeth Darkstar

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

Agro cap may be 16, but you can have mobs agroed who will not engage because the cap has been reached, This is obvious in places where I agro two groups and only part will come, but as I keep on arresting mobs the previous mobs that had been idling will run to me to fill that 16 number.

10 hours ago, biostem said:

But you have not defended your point. 

Yes. I did. It doesn't matter if you think I did or not.

I will not take any more time to discuss this with you.

It's really pretty much a moot discussion at any rate. It is unlikely that anything will come out of this thread (and enter the game).

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

No? The agro cap is 16, period, and you can very much be agroed by enemies you've never touched as well as damage enemies that can't agro you because you're at the cap already. It has nothing to do with individual power target caps, which range from 1 to 255.

It doesn't matter what the number is. They are both mean the number of targets affected by the power.

5 hours ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

The extra damage dealt by adding damage enhancements, accuracy enhancements, and damage procs, and buffs, the Interface powers, the Tanker inherent target caps modifiers, and pretty much everything else reduces the end cost versus damage done. That's how enhancements work, for the most part. The only thing you can enhance a damaging power for that doesn't share that relationship is recharge, which is endurance-neutral per cast.

Adding an damage doesn't increase your accuracy. Nor does adding an accuracy increase your damage.

Why should adding another kind of normal non-set enhancement increase damage?

That's not how the enhancements work.

The power can only affect up enemies to the target cap.

Having an enhancement that increases the radius of an AoE is one thing (when a group is spread out, you can catch more of them up to the cap within that extended area).

Having a normal non-set IO that not only increases the AoE but also increases the number of targets IS adding additional damage to the attack and that is not how normal non-set IOs work.

This  is a thread about normal non-set IOs.

An Increase Stealth Radius. Schedule B seems most reasonable offhand. I wouldn’t make any dedicated Stealth sets, but it would be cool if there was a Defense set that had increased stealth. 

An Increased Phase Duration. Schedule A. Affects any intangibility, phase, or capture power. A Phase set would cover Phase duration, acc, end, and recharge. 

1 hour ago, ZekeStenzland said:

An Increase Stealth Radius. Schedule B seems most reasonable offhand. I wouldn’t make any dedicated Stealth sets, but it would be cool if there was a Defense set that had increased stealth. 

Do you mean an enh that adds a stealth effect to defense powers, or one that increases the range/effectiveness of powers that already grant stealth?

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Having a normal non-set IO that not only increases the AoE but also increases the number of targets IS adding additional damage to the attack and that is not how normal non-set IOs work.

By that metric, slotting for acc also adds damage - after all, if you don't hit, you don't deal damage.  Similarly, regular range enhs would add damage, since if an enemy is out of range, you can't fire of the attack, thereby not dealing any damage.

They'd have to be a Universalish set (a la Overwhelming Force) but I'd kill for an Erase Visual FX enhancement and a Mute Sound FX one. Maybe even a No Animation one, too.

Null the Gull could offer to ignore both, for folks that want to see/hear everything.

(So no unfairness to PVPers, or people with impaired senses.)

Then I could finally port the Human Bystander from TT Champions to CoH.

(Dressed as a civilian, he stands around on the periphery of battles and doesn't seem to do anything but root for his team.)

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)