A way to make acquiring day jobs slightly less tedious

KaizenSoze

I know badging is an voluntary activity, but one of the most tedious tasks is day jobs.

Most days jobs bonuses are not useful, so they are just acquired for badges.

My suggestion, for each day job you acquired, it's take X% less time for the next day job.

This way there is a feeling of progression and increasing momentum.

Not a bonus to acquiring every day job, I think, but I could see getting a bonus toward the day jobs that are part of a day job accolade with a day job badge you have. So getting the Chronologist day job badge would give you a small increase in how fast you acquired the Cimeroran day job badge, because they're both part of the Time Lord accolade.

Edited by srmalloy
clarification
  • Thumbs Up 1

There are a few day job badges/accolades I consider very useful and get on every character. All of these have fairly long durations or number of uses (as compared to useful accolades like Time Lord which max out at 2 hours). Beyond these, I agree that the majority of the temp powers aren't particularly useful. I don't really have an issue with the amount of time it takes to get the badges, since I don't bother with most of them.

• Dimensional Explorer or Arachnos Official: log out in the Shadow Shard or Grandville and get a jetpack. You can collect 2 hours of usage easily and it's rechargeable. I do this at lvl 1 on all new characters.
  • Monitor Duty/Rapid Response Member: log out near a base portal and earn charges on base teleporter/base portal summon. Holds up to 30 uses each.
  • Physician: log out in hospital or university and earn charges on ally rez. Holds up to 30 uses. Requires Caregiver and Professor.
  • Gladiator: log out in arena or PVP zone and earn time on Combat Shield up to 30 minutes. Requires Duelist and Predator.
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I have a spreadsheet specifically for DayJob acquisition.  I'm glad they dropped the time from 7 days to 100 hours. And out of 110 chars, ten fairly recent characters are still working toward it. 3200 hours or 134 days to get all of them (not counting patrol)   Usually it takes me a bit longer since perfect matching up would be a little too CDO and of course, you're not gaining dayjobs while actually playing.  (Though just noted one char has only been in existance for 137 days and will complete tomorrow)

After they're done, I do what Uun does, collect up the more useful temp powers.

The spreadsheet is more than just dayjobs, but I think that's where it all started back on live.

6 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Not a bonus to acquiring every day job, I think, but I could see getting a bonus toward the day jobs that are part of a day job accolade with a day job badge you have. So getting the Chronologist day job badge would give you a small increase in how fast you acquired the Cimeroran day job badge, because they're both part of the Time Lord accolade.

I like this approach.

And like @Uun I get those same-day jobs for the powers.

/e poofgone

I'm a bit on the fence with this suggestion. These badges literally require you to not play the game to unlock and were significantly shortened in their requirements during the SCoRE server days. 

Making them even easier to unlock just seems unnecessary. Then again I only have one badger, so my view may be in the minority. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

34 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm a bit on the fence with this suggestion. These badges literally require you to not play the game to unlock and were significantly shortened in their requirements during the SCoRE server days. 

Making them even easier to unlock just seems unnecessary. Then again I only have one badger, so my view may be in the minority. 

I'm a badger and I still agree with you. Day jobs should not be any faster. They are perfectly fine at where they are now.

Edit: You don't even need the linked day job badge to get the temp powers. So if all you want are the powers, there is no wait for them.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, Rudra said:

Edit: You don't even need the linked day job badge to get the temp powers. So if all you want are the powers, there is no wait for them.

Ehhhh... depends on the temp power. There's not a temp power that (for instance) gives me vanguard merits for completing missions.

That said, yeah. I'm "eh" about this. I suppose at times finding an appropriate *place* to add to day job time can be a bit annoying ("What counts as a graveyard nearby?") but... eh.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Or go to Echo: Dark Astoria. The graveyard there is well marked. There is also the graveyard in Sharkhead Isle where the CoT, the Scrapyarders, and the BP perform their rites.

Edit: Typically, just logging off while standing on top of any mausoleum/crypt awards day job progression for the graveyards.

Edited by Rudra