Ukase

The requirements are pretty clear. 

Dr. Meinst
Doc Buzzsaw
Dr. Vahzilok
Newt & Salamander

Malady & Pathogen
Cortex & Grey Matter

I'm on a character that I guess I got lazy with. Regardless, the closest to completion says I'm 6 of 9. 
I have the Cadaver Counter and Cleanser badges from DFB - but I just confirmed from clobbering Dr. Meinst that I now have 7 of 9. 

Did they not award retroactively? I'm sure they didn't (as evidenced by progress in clobbering Meinst) - but I can't specifically recall. 

All of them, except for Doc Buzzsaw and Dr. Vahzilok can be found in the Graveyard Shift arc from Agent Watkins, so I'd recommend running that one to make sure you get to 7/9. Doc Buzzsaw and Dr. Vahzilok can be found in Posi 1 & 2, so I'd give them a run too and you should be all done.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Tarrquinn said:

All of them, except for Doc Buzzsaw and Dr. Vahzilok can be found in the Graveyard Shift arc from Agent Watkins, so I'd recommend running that one to make sure you get to 7/9. Doc Buzzsaw and Dr. Vahzilok can be found in Posi 1 & 2, so I'd give them a run too and you should be all done.

Thanks - my question was if you'd already defeated those entities before page 3, would you get retroactive credit. 

My character has already done Posi 1 & Posi 2. So, technically, should have credit for Doc Buzzsaw and Dr. Vahzilok. 
Went into the abandoned sewer network and got 6 (which gave me no credit, I suppose I already got those 6). 
Tackled Meinst in a DFB and got credit for him. But I'd already done DFB, so I should have already had credit for him. 

14 hours ago, Ukase said:

Did they not award retroactively? I'm sure they didn't (as evidenced by progress in clobbering Meinst) - but I can't specifically recall. 

Defeat badges never award retroactively.  You'll have to run that content again to get those kills.  That's what I had to do on my badger.  ...just like I had to kill 50 of those 5th column soldiers that turn into a werewolf - i've defeated many over the years the game has been back, but badge credit starts at 0 when the badge was released.  

Posi 1&2 will be WSTs next week - so, if you can wait a couple days, perfect double-excuse to run them again.  🙂  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, Ukase said:

No, because they can't.  The defeats were not being tracked until the badge was implemented.

An exception to this would be if there was some other way to confirm the defeat.  For example, the badge for defeating Frostfire awarded retroactively because you must defeat him to complete that arc AND the arc awards a souvenir.

I'm GUESSING they didn't try to retroactively award SOME of the progress by checking other badges (i.e. from DFB, Postitron TF 1 and 2).  Frostfire was one check for one badge.  This would have been three separate checks to award partial progress - which might not even be possible.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Defeat badges never award retroactively.  You'll have to run that content again to get those kills.  That's what I had to do on my badger.  ...just like I had to kill 50 of those 5th column soldiers that turn into a werewolf - i've defeated many over the years the game has been back, but badge credit starts at 0 when the badge was released.  

Posi 1&2 will be WSTs next week - so, if you can wait a couple days, perfect double-excuse to run them again.  🙂  

That was my plan. I've waited this long, another few days won't kill me. 

• 2 months later
On 11/27/2022 at 7:21 AM, Disruptor said:

I'm 8/9 on this badge and no clue who I'm missing. I've done Graveyard, DFB, Posi 1 and Posi 2. 😢

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are missing someone from the Graveyard Shift, since you have Posi 1&2 and you can't complete them without defeating Doc Buzzsaw and Dr. Vahz.  The remaining 7 can be found in the Graveyard Shift (no need to run DFB).  You can...

1. Run Graveyard Shift over again and be sure you get all 7.  Or...

2. Hunt the 6 of them in the Abandoned Sewer Network (Dr. Meinst being the 7th one appearing in DFB).  If you still don't get the badge, and you defeated all 6, then you know it's Meinst (DFB) or Doc Buzzsaw (Posi 1) or Dr. Vahz (Posi 2).

The latest Vidiot Map pack has their locations noted on the map (a few posts down is a spoiler with the map - look for the circles with the "U"). 

• Refer to this thread for hunting location, tips, and links to Vidiotmaps. 
  • A post up on this link, there are the coordinate locations of the 6. 
  • If they are not there at the location, kill the mobs in the room... go away for a minute to let them respawn, and then they will appear.   

Good luck!!

Edited by Frozen Burn
Typos - can't stand typos. :)
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's not hard to run The Graveyard Shift without defeating either Salamander or Grey Matter.  In the mission where they appear they're fighting each other, so it's easy for one of them to defeat the other before you get a chance to.

• 7 months later

NOTE: As mentioned, if you feel you have done these requirements but still don't have the badge it's quite possible you had those defeats PRIOR to the badge becoming available.

After running the Flashback mission two times and the abandoned sewer network for all of the named villains, I still didn't have the badge. I then realized that I had run Posi 1 and 2 long before the badge was available.

TL;DR - Make sure you have those defeats AFTER the badge became available 🙂 

Posi 1 is also pretty easy to solo, because there isn't an AV in it, and the clones are pretty easy to tackle if you're by yourself.

Posi 2 is a little harder to solo because Dr. Vahz will always be an AV and he hits kinda hard.

On 7/18/2023 at 6:16 PM, Arbegla said:

Posi 1 is also pretty easy to solo, because there isn't an AV in it, and the clones are pretty easy to tackle if you're by yourself.

Posi 2 is a little harder to solo because Dr. Vahz will always be an AV and he hits kinda hard.

Grab yourself a signature summon and some envenomed daggers and go to town.  Dr. V is a pushover.

@War Mage

Badge Tracking - https://cityofbadgers.com