I don't like the Elite Bosses added to trick-or-treating

MrSnottyPants

On 10/13/2022 at 7:00 AM, Starforge said:

Well, is the harder content being forced on anyone? I don’t recall a game-wide increase in difficulty for everything; just optional challenges you can set for certain specific content.

To clarify, I was talking about the handful of folks here that seemingly exist to whine about every change/update this server has seen since 2019. If you aren’t one of those folks, good news, I’m not referring to you in that previous post lol. For those that do fall in that category well I suppose the thumbs down reacts speak for themselves.

you cant read patch notes. must be too challenging. agro changes damage changes. elite bosses in TOT etc. the fact that the only ways to get the new costume content is to grind grind grind or do HM

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

elite bosses in TOT

Getting changed next year to not spawn for soloers. Couldn't do it this year due to how close it was cutting it.

12 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

the fact that the only ways to get the new costume content is to grind grind grind or do HM

Four levels of difficulty, 10 easy Aether from doing a TOT league in PI, and them being Costume Powers means its hardly hard content that fits your complaints.

Only HM4 is really troublesome.

• Thanks 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

17 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Heaven forbid some of us might actually prefer to solo... :classic_rolleyes: 

Heaven forbid that there's a single piece of content in an MMO that's not for soloers.

• Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

20 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Heaven forbid that there's a single piece of content in an MMO that's not for soloers.

This is far from the only thing that you lot have gone all "BUT YOU SHOULD TEEEEAM! OMG! How dare you want to solo in an MMO?!?"-about and you know it, PF. It's getting damned old.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 3

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

25 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

This is far from the only thing that you lot have gone all "BUT YOU SHOULD TEEEEAM! OMG! How dare you want to solo in an MMO?!?"-about and you know it, PF. It's getting damned old.

Task Forces can be soloed. People have already soloed these EBs. The only content in this game that can't be soloed is the Hard Mode TFs and iTrials. So 99% of the content in this game can be soloed. Maybe not by you, or by that particular character, but it can be soloed.

Oh yeah. That 1% of content in the game that you can't solo. Oh, man. That's really getting damned old!   🤪

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Task Forces can be soloed. People have already soloed these EBs. The only content in this game that can't be soloed is the Hard Mode TFs and iTrials. So 99% of the content in this game can be soloed. Maybe not by you, or by that particular character, but it can be soloed.

Oh yeah. That 1% of content in the game that you can't solo. Oh, man. That's really getting damned old!   🤪

Way to have the point sail right over your head....

It's not that things *can't* be soloed by anyone with a character built for it... I can wave my proverbial epeen around, too. I haven't had any trouble with the EBs so far. My annoyance with them is just the TIME they take...  It's that for a certain segment of Forum Regulars, the instant response to any argument or issue a soloist has is "OMG! Just join a team!"

That's not the Universal Solution you think it is.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

That's not the Universal Solution you think it is.

Ok, fair enough.

I would however like to point out that the developers have said that they plan to fix it so that next year these EBs won't spawn when you're ToTing solo. Which I now get isn't really what your point was.

But what, as players, can we do other than to say, "Get a team"? Other than maybe, "Carry a bunch of those daggers that debuff EBs." Or possibly, "Roll a */Rad."

I get that just finding a team is not a solution that you can always take, or are willing to take, but what else as players can we say? Like it or not, it is a solution that works. And, as players, it's all we can do until the devs change things.

EBs spawning from Trick of Treat severely limits which of my characters can enjoy this content. They're pushovers on my Incarnate Illusion/Rad controller, but my lvl 42 plant controller has to flee, provided she isn't Terrorised first, in which case it's a trip to the hospital.

I haven't played this event every year, but this is the first time EBs are included, right? Why do the devs think adding EBs would be an improvement? Because of the desire to make the event harder?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tanglin said:

but this is the first time EBs are included, right? Why do the devs think adding EBs would be an improvement? Because of the desire to make the event harder?

They are a HC addition. The intent wasn't to make the event harder is my take. Instead, it was to offer a new change and unfortunately they didn't have the time to untangle the spawn coding. It'll be better next year when they can remove EBs from solo spawning.

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Shadeknight said:

They are a HC addition. The intent wasn't to make the event harder is my take. Instead, it was to offer a new change and unfortunately they didn't have the time to untangle the spawn coding. It'll be better next year when they can remove EBs from solo spawning.

But if, as you say, it's to offer a new challenge, and said new challenge is harder than what the event was before, then the intent is to make it harder, isn't it?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tanglin said:

But if, as you say, it's to offer a new challenge, and said new challenge is harder than what the event was before, then the intent is to make it harder, isn't it?

He said new change, not new challenge. It's good to freshen the event up and plenty of other Halloween Event additions over the years, like the Zombie and Banner invasions, also have EBs. I guarantee the intent wasn't to make it a slog for solo ToTers. On a team/league the EBs barely exist before they're downed and the increase in rewards plus new badges is always a nice treat.

2 minutes ago, Starforge said:

He said new change, not new challenge. It's good to freshen the event up and plenty of other Halloween Event additions over the years, like the Zombie and Banner invasions, also have EBs. I guarantee the intent wasn't to make it a slog for solo ToTers. On a team/league the EBs barely exist before they're downed and the increase in rewards plus new badges is always a nice treat.

I hate having to do this, but a new change that adds in something that is harder than before just means the intent is to make the content harder, right? 

• Haha 1

They wanted to add the EBs, but couldn't get the solo spawning thing done in time. So they level locked it to 25+. It's a measure to make sure they weren't bodying lower levels until next year - where they won't spawn for Solo folks.

TOT leagues at the motel in PI melt them. They give new badges that reward Aether.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 1

unknown.png

15 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

They wanted to add the EBs, but couldn't get the solo spawning thing done in time. So they level locked it to 25+. It's a measure to make sure they weren't bodying lower levels until next year - where they won't spawn for Solo folks.

TOT leagues at the motel in PI melt them. They give new badges that reward Aether.

Yes, but the intent remains that the EBs are for teams, right? And a team isn't a binary, but a spectrum, ranging in size from 2 to 48. So a 2-man team is still meant to face EBs, and will feel the increase in difficulty, hence, the intent to make the content harder. While there is a commensurate increase in rewards, the fact remains that the challenge is harder.

• Haha 1

My weekly team uses an Invuln tank, a dominator, a peacebringer, a regen scrapper and we clear 4 star every time. Hell on day 1 we cleared a 4 star with 7 people one of which was a level 40 scrapper. The new content doesn't require any specific builds just thoughtful team comps.

Yes. There are now 5 new challenging mobs. No one has argued otherwise.

Yes, and before this year, those 5 new challenging mobs weren't in the event, right? Therefore, this year's event is intended to be harder, right? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tanglin said:

Yes, and before this year, those 5 new challenging mobs weren't in the event, right? Therefore, this year's event is intended to be harder, right? 

Since the very first Halloween event there has been a giant monster that required teammates to defeat. Then there were Banner monsters and that GM. This year there was new EBs added. It's par for the course. 

• Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Nope, because you can run away and they'll despawn. Fantastic how that works.

The event's difficulty is still about the same.

If previous years' content did not contain mobs that pose enough of a threat to make one flee, but this year's does, then this year's content is harder, right? 

• Haha 1