Welcome to our Base Building Community Reps!

Number Six

• City Council

Greetings! It's my pleasure today to introduce not one but TWO Community Representatives to help coordinate the base building community. Please give a big hand to @Dacy and @Easter Bunny, who will be sharing the responsibilities of the role -- only fitting since it's well known just how labor intensive base building can be, but the results are nothing short of astounding.

So just what are those responsibilities? Community Reps are something we've been slowly rolling out to be a bridge between players and the Homecoming Team and facilitate community involvement. The idea is for players who are known within the community and specialized in specific areas to:

• Act as a liaison between players and the development team and help organize and prioritize requests for features and changes that benefit the community.
  • Organize base related events -- possible examples include contests or tutorials.
  • Be a resource that people can go to for information in a specific area. They'll be manning the "Base Building" global channel as a hub for questions and advice.

Simple enough, right? With that out of the way, I'll let them (re-)introduce themselves and add anything they want to say.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hey guys.  Good to see you again Dacy,  and welcome Aboard Bunny.

• Like 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

• Community Rep

Thank you! I'm honored to be your representative. Really, I don't think I will be doing much that I wasn't already doing, only I'll have better access to the HC team to convey the concerns and desires of the base building community. Now, I know there are a LOT of things people want, but dev time is limited (and remember they are volunteers, too), and so we'll be focusing on the things that can be delivered that will be something for the most people possible, at least first.

So, EB and I are here to help you, as I've tried to do ever since coming to Homecoming. To that end, in tomorrow's maintenance update, there will be a new addition to the base editor: a link in options you can click to join the new in game chat channel, Base Building.  You can join it now, too, but the point was to make a channel and access to that channel so that anyone building would be able to easily find out about it and join. Lots of new builders have little idea of all the resources that are available! The channel will allow the base building community to communicate on a common medium, great for notifying people if there is a problem with bases due to a patch, for example, or notify them of events or other things they should know about, and of course, it's great for helping people who have problems. Naturally, the more experienced base builders we have on the channel, the better, because there is then a better chance that someone who needs help will get an answer quickly.

We are also often on Discord, both in the HC channel, and in my own server (I will happily provide a link if requested, but this greeting isn't the place.) 🙂

We intend to do more than just provide you with better access to the HC team, tho; we know you want nothing more than recognition for your hard work! So we will be exploring ways to do that, including of course, base contests. (Not immediately, give us some time to get things worked out!)  Plus other things as we think of them and take suggestions.

Above all, we are quite conscious that we are representing you. We will do our very best to do that well!

-Dacy

• Like 8

• Community Rep

EB.jpg.aa9507b76f5f600dda2962e1de06e42a.jpg
Hello! EB here. 

For those of you that do not know me, I am a big ol' base nerd, I love me a random movie reference, good/bad and dad puns alike and i'm just hoppy to be here! (Told you I liked bad ones...) I am also delighted and still a little dumbfounded to be one of your new Base Builder Community Representatives! 

I got my start building just 3 short years ago. I spent the months before that scrolling through the Show Off channel wishing and dreaming that I had the skills to make the marvelous and inspiring creations that were posted there. And like many, I finally got my confidence to really build through watching Dacy's incredibly helpful tutorial videos. It's still crazy to me to think that now i'll be working alongside her to continue to help the community the same way that she was able to help me ☺️And she and I are already hard at work thinking of ways to do just that!

1876117986_AtWork.jpg.cf4f4e11f8e4d7f50cdac7b9d4b71423.jpg

Dacy has already covered most of the juicy tidbits that we have planned for you all in her CR Greeting post above. But I wanted to take the time to introduce myself formally and state that I am committed to helping the base-building community in any way that I can. And I sincerely mean that. Please don't hesitate to add my global in-game @Easter Bunny if you have any questions, need help or some inspiration on a base or would just like another eye on a project. I'll help out if I am able.

Lastly, i'd like to end this by saying that I am passionate about and very committed to bringing back and annualizing the official HC Base Contests. It will return. It will probably be a few months out and we're working on many of the details now. But i'll go ahead and share that we are currently eyeballing early Spring as the general annual timeframe.

Much more to come - and nice to meet you all!

- EB

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later