Biting Grip!

Rudra

Okay, this one is going to be out there. Like, really, really out there. Earlier today I started thinking about an anime giant robot that had dragon-head motif decorations on its arms. I don't know where it was from, so please don't ask. I saw it quite some time ago. And I started wondering about dragon head blast attacks. (As in the dragon heads would be where the ranged attacks come from, like a dragon cannon or something. [Enter Kung Fu Panda. Oh well.]) Then I started thinking of a Pathfinder serpentfolk race that lacks hands. Instead, they have additional heads where their hands should be. Now that the excessive monologue explaining where my dementia came from is done, my really, really, really weird idea? Beast head hands!

Okay, so the request is for various animal/beast heads with open mouths (roaring, howling, open to bite, whatever) to replace hands with. I'm talking lung (oriental dragon), drake (western dragon), serpent (of course), wolf, lion/tiger, and bird (probably eagle).

Note that the heads already exist except for the dragons and serpents. So yeah, I'm also asking for dragon and serpent heads for our heads too.

You may now stone me for my blasphemy. 😄

Edit: I just remembered where the idea came from. It was a giant robot match someone made on YouTube. One of the giant robots had lion head hands and feet, not dragon. My mistake. Sorry.

Edited by Rudra
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You may now stone me for my blasphemy. 😄

I'm mad, not because of your idea, but because you don't seem to know what Voltron is, despite it being possibly the most iconic giant robot in media.

schmidt-youths.gif

Edited by Vanden
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Vanden said:

I'm mad, not because of your idea, but because you don't seem to know what Voltron is, despite it being possibly the most iconic giant robot in media.

Which Voltron? GoLion or Dairugger XV? How can it be "the most iconic giant robot in media" if it's just two completely unrelated Japanese anime series jammed together? And now I'm mad that you seem to be one of those western fanboys who think it's all original, like the people who don't understand that Harmony Gold's 'Macross Saga' was made up of Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Genesis Climber Mospeada, and Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross -- three completely unrelated anime series jammed together to have enough episodes for American TV networks to buy in syndication. For an 'iconic giant robot', you'd do better by going with Gundam; the style, maintained across fifty series, films, and OVAs, as well as manga, novels, and video games, is more widely recognized than Voltron will ever be.

And if you take this comment seriously, you deserve to.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

44 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Which Voltron? GoLion or Dairugger XV? How can it be "the most iconic giant robot in media" if it's just two completely unrelated Japanese anime series jammed together? And now I'm mad that you seem to be one of those western fanboys who think it's all original, like the people who don't understand that Harmony Gold's 'Macross Saga' was made up of Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Genesis Climber Mospeada, and Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross -- three completely unrelated anime series jammed together to have enough episodes for American TV networks to buy in syndication. For an 'iconic giant robot', you'd do better by going with Gundam; the style, maintained across fifty series, films, and OVAs, as well as manga, novels, and video games, is more widely recognized than Voltron will ever be.

And if you take this comment seriously, you deserve to.

Harmony Gold made Robotech.  The Macross Saga was just the first part based off of...Macross.  I imagine next someone will try to (incorrectly) nerdsplain out Tranzor Z.

PS:  Youths!  Tired of all these millenials walking around acting like they rent the place.

Edited by Aracknight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aracknight said:

Harmony Gold made Robotech.  The Macross Saga was just the first part based off of...Macross. 

It's been too many years, and I've tried to forget the blotches that Harmony Gold has made of anime and their subsequent issues regarding the copyright on Macross, and HG's litigiousness over terms and images they claimed the rights to.

3 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

It's been too many years, and I've tried to forget the blotches that Harmony Gold has made of anime and their subsequent issues regarding the copyright on Macross, and HG's litigiousness over terms and images they claimed the rights to.

You sure seemed anime-ted enough about it.  Although back then we called it Japanimation.

Edited by Aracknight

So it boils down to new gloves and new heads, basically?

Other than maybe looking odd with some weapons (or hilarious... dual pistols, with everything coming out of dragon heads?) I'm up for more costume parts.

Hmm... could we have an ïnvisible"option for the pistols?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

26 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Hmm... could we have an ïnvisible"option for the pistols?

*shrug* Indifferent on that. If they do that? Okay.

26 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Other than maybe looking odd with some weapons (or hilarious... dual pistols, with everything coming out of dragon heads?)

The heads can have their mouths open just enough to hold weapons and still work for the OP. Or weapon holding specific heads could be created, though that would entail a lot more work and redundant entries in the creator list.

Edit: Let's be honest. I really don't see the OP being used by anyone except for very niche characters. Except for the new heads. As in for the actual character head. Please at least give us serpent, cobra, lung, and drake heads for our characters. If I don't get the head hands? I can live with that. At least give us the actual heads though, please.

Edited by Rudra