New Metal Armor set for Tankers, Brute, Scrappers, Sentinels & Stalkers

KingCeddd03

image.png.ee06b7649918dd8e33c823f5dea20001.png  - Iron Hide: Auto Self +Res (Smashing, lethal,) + Res- Res Debuff

image.png.690afa526c5a7ff828af980e32439e0b.png  - Steel Body: Toggle Self +Def(Smash, Lethal, Energy) +Res(Toxic)

image.png.96d976c4f8e7014083570c642d6f9e28.png -  Gold Patches: Toggle Self +DEF(Energy), +Res(Energy)

image.png.77f0cfbcd5064ee8541e3256a82ed0cb.png  - Mercury Repair:   Self +HP, +Res(Toxic)

image.png.1f6dc53854e42e3a8f6ff11aeeb0828f.png  -  Platinum Lining: Toggle Self +Res (Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Immob, Knockback, End Drain, DEF Debuff), +Regen, -SPD, +Def

image.png.e2401283997edbc3c291c6615800024b.png  - Titanium Lining: Toggle Self +Res(Fire, Cold)

image.png.1de359283165f0f85d51e7826e567f6a.png   - Silver Patches:  Toggle Self +DEF(Neg), +Res(Neg)

image.png.7a573208f6717166e03d13fb8d9e6430.png  - Tin Covering: Auto Self +DEF(Psionic), Self +Res(Psionic), +Res(Confuse), +Perception

image.png.0b3d27c7c2af2642e1dd1706293f2807.png  - Tungsten Plating: Self +DEF All +Res All ,-Rech, -SPD, -DMG

Edited by KingCeddd03
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

I like the idea of a Metallic Armor set, no question. But, this isn't the best implementation of that idea IMO. When thinking of new sets you have to always consider what already exists and how this new set will set itself apart from other sets. What will this set do slightly differently, what is its identity? Otherwise why not just go Invuln and use a metallic costume? Just something to consider. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

8 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

If you have done your research being invuln is not the same as having metal armor mental has some weak points being invuln does not have. extreme heat and cold can melt or break most metals, so no we don't have something like this.

You are missing the point. I can PRETEND "Invuln" is my "Metallic Armor" right now in game and it works based on what you have presented. What does your set do differently than just a reskinned invuln? If your argument is that Metallic Armor will be a weaker invuln, then no thanks. 

Also, pro tip: If you want to win people over to liking your suggestion, being snarky when someone gives you honest/constructive feedback isn't the correct course of action. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Gear Fox (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Brainwasher (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute)

yea you can pretend and be in wonderland and such, but this set is based on strategy, such as how would you handle a group of fire-based enemies based on the circumstance of having metal armor or going against cold-based enemies what powers would you need to activate to win. it gives some strong defense or Resistance based on who you're facing and gives you a reason to think of your next moves, besides be invul you really don't have to. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

You may not realize this, but *very* early in the game - as in release back in 2004 - what you were saying was how things were played. Armor toggles were exclusive to one another.

You may notice the game is not like that now. It hasn't been since shortly after the initial release. Everyone runs all the toggles continually.  And with IOs and set bonuses, people shore up weaknesses and buff themselves up even further. The "Strategy"used is run everything, buff everything.  Unless, of course, you're adding toggle exclusivity *back* in this set, in which case, congrats on designing what would be the least used armor set.

Perhaps you should spend less time telling everyone else on the forum they don't know what they're doing and to "do their research" and do a bit more yourself. Frankly if I were you I'd ban "Do your research"from your replies for at least a few months, unless all you want to research is the inside of everyone's ignore lists.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

@Greycatfollowing will get you nowhere 

You really should stop while you're behind.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

@KingCeddd03 I'm going to ask a favor of you, and you can take it how you will. I've seen an influx of these types of requests over the past week or so.

The favor is fairly simple, can you do a little more QC (Quality Control) on them prior to posting. 

For example if you look above you have a power named Mercury that says it's a cone, and doesn't say what the power actually does at all. Let alone the power icons are different colors and don't fit the standard for them based on your power descriptions.

I get that you're trying to contribute but I think if you space our your requests so as to not flood the subforum with various individual powersets you might get more traction.

That all said take my suggestions with a grain of salt, I have the habit of being an well intended ass hole, but an asshole nonetheless.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I had no clue what you were trying for with this set last night. Was avoiding pointing out that having that many different metals would actually make for poor armor. (Some of those metals will "eat" some of the others for instance.) However, if the idea is they are all exclusive toggles? No thank you. I never want to go back to that in this game ever again.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove redundant "the".
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hey, I got a work order here to deliver a tank of gasoline and a blowtorch, I need someone to sign for it.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

You have basics of a power set but no values.  How are we supposed to know that this set is weaker to fire/cold other than you said it in a later post?

Also, what does Mercury do?

Where is the taunt aura that tanks/brutes would get?

What strength does the set have to make up for its weakness to fire/cold?

What truly makes this set unique that a recoloured Invulnerability/willpower/shield can't accomplish?

Finally, attacking people is not the best strategy to get someone to agree with you.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

25 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

@Greycatfollowing will get you nowhere 

Oh don't mind him. The moderators often follow people that they want to keep an eye on.

• Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

some people just do what others do...

Like stealing other people's suggestions. Does that fall under "do what others do"?

Thanks for signing for my package, Luminara.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

7 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

not attacking anyone some people just do what others do which is sad in which they should not be here. i only want those who like the idea of power and their positive feedback 

This is a Suggestion forum. People are encouraged to give feedback on the posted suggestions. Some people will like some ideas; some will not like those same ideas. Feedback is not going to always be positive. You have to accept the favorable and the unfavorable.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

you're on my thread so you should stop 

21 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

please get off my tread 

Pro-tip: behaving like a lesion-covered foreskin doesn't win friends and pacify enemies.  Especially after you've been caught plagiarizing other peoples' contributions.

And this isn't your house.  You don't give orders here.  You aren't entitled to place restrictions on who can say what, where.  If you can't tolerate responses to threads, don't create threads.

• Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

So are all of these toggles?  I assume the heal is a click.  Are any of these auto abilities?  The tier 9 appears to be granite but as metal.  Alot of the powers have defense and resistance which is allowed but slotting gets wierd when you want to split between 2 categories.

Overall im seeing what appears to be invulnerability but with granite for its tier 9 power and obviously everything renamed after metals. 

You seem to really want to contribute but your suggestions look like they were hastily made.  Spending more time polishing a single suggestion instead of little time on many suggestions would help them be more well received.  Remember you are trying to convince a dev that your idea is worth their time.  If you just enjoy throwing something together and seeing what people think,  maybe the archtype forum would be a more beneficial location to showcase some ideas.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1