New Metal Armor set for Tankers, Brute, Scrappers, Sentinels & Stalkers

KingCeddd03

5 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

now drop that old subject 

P.S. In English capitalizing the first word in a sentence is not optional.

Also, if you really want to discuss your powerset then you should probably start by answering some of the questions that people have asked you about the powerset. We're not going to be talking about your powerset if you don't.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Pro-tip: behaving like a lesion-covered foreskin doesn't win friends and pacify enemies.  Especially after you've been caught plagiarizing other peoples' contributions.

And this isn't your house.  You don't give orders here.  You aren't entitled to place restrictions on who can say what, where.  If you can't tolerate responses to threads, don't create threads.

like i said before i didn't steal anyone's work i got inspired and made my own end of story

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Let's try this then.

Question 1: Out of the 9 powers presented, which ones are auto powers, which ones are toggles, and which ones are exclusive toggles?

Question 2 (and 3): Mercury is listed as a cone power that gives the using character an increase in max HP and a boost to toxic resistance. What makes it a cone? How does it affect enemies or allies in that cone?

Question 4: How is resisting mezzes or psionics, or boosting Perception, a metal thing? (You also have a known toxin, a metal liquid at room temperature that is readily absorbed by the body, granting toxic resist for some reason.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove extraneous word. And edited again to remove additonal extraneous word.
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

not attacking anyone some people just do what others do which is sad in which they should not be here. i only want those who like the idea of power and their positive feedback 

Not how things work. It's a suggestion forum. Your suggestion leaves a *lot* to be desired in implementation. It's barely past "Powername - does stuff,"and one power didn't even have that. You follow up by generally copping an attitude - which you do in pretty much all of your posts. How many times have you just put out "do your research"as an answer - or even a full post?

No, you don't just get "positive feedback." If all you want to see in response to whatever spaghetti you throw at the wall is öh it's wonderful!"and sunshine and rainbows, it's not happening. You get feedback - both on the powerset, which is how it started (even with someone mentioning Ï like the idea of a metallic powerset, but..." which *could* have led to discussion back and forth - "This is what I have in mind, this theme, oh, I need to clarify this, and it's different from that set in this way"- but, instead, you chose to respond with attitude, and attitude, and more attitude, while showing an apparent lack of understanding of how this game works.

Also, if you want people to react positively to you? Cut out the:

1 hour ago, KingCeddd03 said:

If you have done your research

yea you can pretend and be in wonderland and such

following will get you nowhere 

type responses. It'll only get you to JRanger level popularity... and that's not a good thing. (No, you're not getting your own slash response either.)

And yes, it would *definitely* help if you actually put more of a description of just what you're trying to achieve with it. For instance, if we didn't have a fire armor set (yes, that means you have to pretend, here,) and you wanted to suggest it, sure, list power ideas and what they're doing - but a little extra behind them, and maybe an overall theme. "Fire in this game tends to focus on damage, damage, and more damage. I'd like to suggest a fire armor set with a focus on damage. It's not a defensive set, but all resists - obviously it can resist temperatures, being fire armor, but imagine, say, bullets melting before they hit you - so it's a resist. Plus it has powers to assist in dealing even more damage in return," and so forth.  This way you can see what the poster is thinking of, both in theme and for the goal of the set, and how the powers would fit in - as opposed to what you posted, which was pretty much just power vomit.

What we have from you is a list of power names, with a comment farther down that sounds like you want them to be exclusive to one another, and a crapton of attitude that just makes people want to throw you on ignore lists.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I'm not going to develop a full metal set, but some thoughts on how I would have tackled a metal set:

Metal Hide: Auto power that provides smash/lethal resist and defense. Defense because a metal armor is supposed to be good at keeping the blow from penetrating to injure the wearer. So I would presume a natural metal hide would also work the same way.

Heat Treated: Auto power that provides fire/energy resist. Also provides additional smash/lethal defense/resist.

Insulating Coating: Toggle power that provides energy/cold resist. Also provides mez protection because armor sets get mez protection.

Hardening: Toggle (maybe auto?) power that provides additional damage resist.

The theme is a generic metal defense set. Could be iron, steel, gold (despite how bad it is for armor), silver, unobtanium, whatever. Player decides what the metal is. And I just threw some bits of metal treatment with the added insulator (maybe an underlying rubber layer or core, or some sci-fi external coating) to expand the resists. No special visual effects in this version. So it can be used with available armors in the costume creator without overriding them, or more subtle metal themed character appearances. (Edit: Maybe the visual effect can be a radiance of some type like one of the auras to show the metal gleaming?)

I'm not saying this is what your set should be. I'm giving this as an example of something other players can look at and start making more informed decisions on.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

i only want those who like the idea of power and their positive feedback 

If all you want is an echo chamber, this forum ain't it.

It seems this thread started with some constructive criticism, but you couldn't handle that.  Remember: constructive feedback good; attacking people who disagree with you bad.

Think about which category you've put yourself in.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

But @Psyonico, I could swear I just *heard* an echo...

Well, read an echo.

... Can you read an echo if you're not a cardiologist?

• Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

@GM Impervium Just an FYI. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

4 minutes ago, biostem said:

This is the magic blast set all over again - the OP is conflating WHAT a power set does/provides with the background story/roleplay reasoning behind HOW it does it.

as you guys say you can pretend and make up any story you want about the power 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Psyonico said:

spacer.png

That dolphin is awesome!

• Thumbs Down 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Metal seems like a set that can be done with the other sets and costume pieces.  I'd rather see new sets that don't focus so much on what amounts to needing FX over the character so much that it winds up a lot like Elec/Fire/Bio/Dark...I'd like to see more Inv/Regen/WP graphic sets...in that they can be minimal in additional FX

• Thumbs Down 1

23 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

i only want those who like the idea of power and their positive feedback 

Then you shouldn't have posted in the forums.

You are going to get feedback.

You aren't promised only glowing fanboy praise for what you contribute.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

17 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

as you guys say you can pretend and make up any story you want about the power 

Yes, it's called "Roleplaying." See, that would be the RPG portion of MMORPG.

By the way, were you going to answer any of the myriad of questions people have asked about your metal powerset? You're not going to get the undying praise that you seem to want, but you might convince some people to actually like your suggestion.

That's not going to happen if you just keep scolding people and refuse to talk about your powerset though.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I don't know what you people are all so worked up about. This is the best suggestion I've ever seen! No getting all worked up over numbers and math, no over-involved details that get in the way of RPing the set how you want, no "look at me I'm so clever" new mechanics... He cut the BS and got straight to the point. And look, he used icons, folks!

Icons!

Style over substance, baby, that's the way to do it! =D

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got a new set idea that is similar to this. I call it Noun Noun.

1. Noun : gives mitigation number

2. Noun: gives other mitigation number

That's all I got so far. Let me know how to fix the set and come up with powers 3-9

• Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

Thanks Gene Siskel!  Now I feel as loved as Troo!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, Yaliw said:

I got a new set idea that is similar to this. I call it Noun Noun.

1. Noun : gives mitigation number

2. Noun: gives other mitigation number

That's all I got so far. Let me know how to fix the set and come up with powers 3-9

I think I need to do some research first

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1