Mids' Reborn Updated for Issue 27, Page Five

Astralock

Metalios and Zed have released a new version of Mids' Reborn for Issue 27, Page Five: 3.4.7.4.  Please note that only Windows 10 and 11 are officially supported.  If you are not using 3.4.6, there are several steps that you need to do:

1. Uninstall and delete Mids' Reborn completely.  Wipe the folder clean.

2. Download and install the .NET 6 desktop runtime.  You can obtain it here.  

3.  The built-in Windows ZIP archive extractor sucks.  If you do not already have an archive extractor program (WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR, PeaZip, etc.), installed, then I recommend downloading and installing PeaZip.  It's free and open source software.  You can obtain that here.

4. Download Mids' Reborn and extract it into its own folder, whereever you want to put Mids' Reborn.  For example, I personally have it in C:\Loaded Camel\Mids Reborn\  You can download it here.

5. Open Windows Explorer, right click MidsReborn.exe, and go to the Compatibility tab.  Click "Change high DPI settings" towards the bottom.  Then follow the screenshot.  Once done, click "OK."  Enjoy.

2022-09-29_12-11.png.84ad1720de50a25a4f6f6c7c5a32f87e.png

Known issues:

• Exporting builds to the Homecoming forums is borked.  Until it is fixed, go to File > Export > Forum Export > Yes > Data Chunk, and select "Only export Data Chunk"
  • This update contains most of the revamps for Masterminds that could be done but not the revamp of the pets' powers due to some limitations (e.g. critical hit chance increase for Ninjas)

This is just a courtesy post for those not on the Mids' Reborn Discord server.  You should join it here.

Edited by Astralock
Updated for the newest version of Mids' Reborn.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Using the Update button from 3.4.6 updates Mids to version... wait for it... 3.4.6. 

So you are going to need to do a new manual install no matter what.

Not entirely.  3.4.6 has an updater that only works if you have no spaces in the folder name you have Mids' installed to.  There was a fix for that uploaded to the Mids' Reborn Discord server, but people not on that Discord server probably don't have it, yeah.

But doing a fresh manual install is probably a good idea anyhoo.

I noticed that there is still an issue with stealth toggles still forcing de-toggle. (I can't check the math for having Superior Invisibility and Steamy Mist on simultaneously).

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

6 hours ago, Zepp said:

I noticed that there is still an issue with stealth toggles still forcing de-toggle. (I can't check the math for having Superior Invisibility and Steamy Mist on simultaneously).

I brought it up, and here's Zed's reply:

"Yeah this one is going to be very tricky if not impossible - unless we add new tricks.  Mids has no notion of stack by key/group other than mutually exclusive groups, neither it can pick highest value in a group.  See i wouldn't care if this was only stealth radius but it also affects defense..."

10 hours ago, Astralock said:

I brought it up, and here's Zed's reply:

"Yeah this one is going to be very tricky if not impossible - unless we add new tricks.  Mids has no notion of stack by key/group other than mutually exclusive groups, neither it can pick highest value in a group.  See i wouldn't care if this was only stealth radius but it also affects defense..."

It effects stealth, defense, resistance, and endurance use... Thanks for bringing it up on the Discord. I generally don't open it up, so I am behind on that discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later

Tried to uninstall and install the newest version because my older version just bugged out. Now I get a Missing config file popup "Config file doesn't exist, generating a new one."  I hit ok but then nothing happens but the popup goes away. Looking for help on this thanks.

• 3 weeks later
On 11/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, Dispari said:

As you said not all the Mastermind changes are present; you can't slot the RES/DEF/heal sets in the upgrade powers for instance just yet.

This.

Has anyone figured the Mastermind updates yet?  Perhaps I borked my install/update.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

13 hours ago, Astralock said:

Be sure to download the newest version from the first post.  I just updated the link.

Ok that worked, thanks.  Before I posted, I got the latest stuff right from the website and it was still borked.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

1 minute ago, JayboH said:

Ok that worked, thanks.  Before I posted, I got the latest stuff right from the website and it was still borked.

No problemo.  Yeah, for some reason the Mids' Reborn developers haven't been adding the newest version to the website lately, only their Discord server.  That's why I made this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1