New Day Job Badge

Arc-Mage

Day Job Badge: for hanging out in the Ski Chalet

It should be called Snow Bunny for girls and Snow Man for guys.

Maybe a slight +Res for Cold

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 6

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

16 minutes ago, Rudra said:

The problem with that is the ski chalet is part of Pocket D and already counts towards the Pocket D day job. (If I am mistaken about that? Then sure, new day job for the ski chalet.)

That can likely be altered. There are five different day job locations in Pocket D already.

The club itself, the AE zone, the medi-porters, the Vault, and the SG portal.

A new day job for the ski chalet would be cool.

16 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

It should be called Snow Bunny for girls and Snow Man for guys.

"Snow Bunny" ans "Ski Bum" work better, perhaps.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Sirius.Games said:

Call it Ski Bum, don't tie it to genitals.

Badge grants temp power snowball

Grants fire and cold resist 2% up to two hours. (Not sure of balance around other day jobs)

That tracks alright with Cimeroran (though I think it's 3%)

Now what to pair it with if anything for an accolade.  Probably not, since I think the paired ones are just a few of the main ones, will have to check

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Day_Job_Badges

9 hours ago, Sirius.Games said:

Call it Ski Bum, don't tie it to genitals.

I'm not exactly sure how you took Badge names to a "genitals" place. :classic_huh:

But the problem with using the word "bum," specifically on Blue side, it will not work. You probably have not noticed but going all the way back to Live the word "bum" is only used on Red Side. On Blue side "bum's" are called "Homeless Citizens." A person receiving the term "bum" you will only find on Villain side. And "Ski Homeless Citizen" just doesn't have the same ring as "Snow Man." Now unless you see everyone as a Villain, then "Ski bum" is probably for you. But the term "bum" is a Villain side term only.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

1 hour ago, Arc-Mage said:

I'm not exactly sure how you took Badge names to a "genitals" place. :classic_huh:

But the problem with using the word "bum," specifically on Blue side, it will not work. You probably have not noticed but going all the way back to Live the word "bum" is only used on Red Side. On Blue side "bum's" are called "Homeless Citizens." A person receiving the term "bum" you will only find on Villain side. And "Ski Homeless Citizen" just doesn't have the same ring as "Snow Man." Now unless you see everyone as a Villain, then "Ski bum" is probably for you. But the term "bum" is a Villain side term only.

I was using it in regards to the English language along with the term ski Bum and beach bum as terms used to refer to people who spend a lot of time in the given area and can be either male, female, or anything in between.

Bunny on the other hand is in the zeitgeist refering to people with vulvas and breasts. Even the first trans woman to model for playboy was post surgery.

Genitalia or gender based badge names should be avoided. So I would suggest one name be used if it was ever implemented.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Arc-Mage said:

The NPC outside all the old Paragon Dance Party entrances on blueside is called 'Bum'.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

5 minutes ago, Sirius.Games said:

I was using it in regards to the English language along with the term ski Bum and beach bum as terms used to refer to people who spend a lot of time in the given area and can be either male, female, or anything in between.

Bunny on the other hand is in the zeitgeist refering to people with vulvas and breasts. Even the first trans woman to model for playboy was post surgery.

Genitalia or gender based badge names should be avoided. So I would suggest one name be used if it was ever implemented.

The Once And Future King/Queen. Lord/Lady of Storms. The Underlord/Underlady. Lord/Lady of Winter.

What's that about badge names not having gender?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would say though, that if the badge name is Snow Bunny, it just be Snow Bunny. Bunnies aren't just females after all now matter what zeitgeist may say, or they wouldn't still be around. Otherwise, if Snow Bunny is to be kept for females only, then I would make the male version Snow Rabbit. So the badge name is still effectively the same thing for both genders.

Edit: Or if Snow Man is preferred for males, then Snow Woman should be the one for females.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sirius.Games said:

What?😕 

I honestly have no words for this. Here we are having a conversation about Badges Names and you want to talk about genitals and Playboy Magazine.  Are you sure you know you are in the CoH Forums?

• Haha 1

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

2 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

The NPC outside all the old Paragon Dance Party entrances on blueside is called 'Bum'.

Fascinating. What zone? I guess I can run and check all three but I'd rather be told. 

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

7 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

Fascinating. What zone? I guess I can run and check all three but I'd rather be told. 

The two I remember off the top of my head are SE Steel Canyon at the door on the SE side of the big building where the zone 'floor' drops hugely, and Talos Island on the west side of the upper level near the theater.

5 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Ski Patrol for logging out on the slopes and Lodge Lounger for the lodge.

Ski Patrol gets you cold resists, Lodge Lounger gets you warmth resist. The Accolade Terror of the Slopes gets you charges of snowballs to throw at people.

And Snow Hopper for logging out at the shadow shard style vent that launches you back up! 😄

Seriously? I like that. Ski Patrol and Lodge Lounger works for me.