Endurance Regeneration Suggestion

I've noticed endurance is percentage based. As I've gotten increased endurance from the Atlas medallion, and epic power pool, when I looked at my stats, I saw that my powers were consuming more end/second than they should because of it being based off percentage rather than a straight total. So, my powers are costing me about .17 end per second more than they should be.

Granted, I gain more end/second back in regeneration, but the current system feels more like a punishment for gaining more total endurance. It makes sense to gain more end/sec back if you have a higher total endurance pool, but a higher cost for your toggles, not really. They should be a static cost, not percentage based. .17 end/second may not sound like much, but that's almost a whole other toggle worth of end being drained simply because of a higher total endurance.

Do you have a screenshot to show this in your combat attributes? Also, what is your AT and powerset?

To the best of my knowledge, all endurance costs are already a static cost.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

Endurance cost is static.  Period. The amount of your endurance pool has zero effect on how much toggles or powers cost.  Recovery is percentage based (also static). So higher endurance total means your recovery per second is better while your % of recovery stays the same. More likely you leveled up and do not have IOs slotted and your current enhancements are not as effective or something else changed.  Or you just didn't write down the numbers you had before and are incorrect in your assumptions.

Some powers have a cost per enemy affected, like Repulsion Field.  I honestly can't recall a list of such powers off the top of my head, but IIRC a couple of them take that cost in % rather than flat.

Which is... a pretty niche area, and probably a deliberate choice for those powers.  If they exist.  I'd like that screenshot too.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Some powers have a cost per enemy affected, like Repulsion Field.  I honestly can't recall a list of such powers off the top of my head, but IIRC a couple of them take that cost in % rather than flat.

Which is... a pretty niche area, and probably a deliberate choice for those powers.  If they exist.  I'd like that screenshot too.

Yes, but those effects don't show up as endurance consumption for combat attributes or as endurance cost in the power info display, as they're actually set up like self endurance drains in the power effects, so they wouldn't explain what the OP is seeing.

Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration | Light Affinity | Force Shield

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

• 2 weeks later

Do you have a screenshot to show this in your combat attributes? Also, what is your AT and powerset?

It's not a static cost. look at your combat attributes. It'll show your % then in parentheses the actual cost. I'll get a screenshot and edit this.

EDIT: Added a screenshot below. As you can see my end consumption is 1.41% end/sec (1.48%) end/sec based on 105 endurance. It was worse when I had 112 end. I respeced out of the energy pool and lost the 7 extra endurance. Also, my AT is Brute - Spine / Fire. Not that it seems to matter as any of the ATs that I have extra endurance it's calculated the same way.

Edurance_Cost.jpg.af96d3fe0e61c6c99cf550ddc2b4a66d.jpg

Endurance cost is static. Recovery is percentage based. So higher endurance total means your recovery is better. More likely you leveled up and do not have IOs slotted and your current enhancements are not as effective.

No, this isn't the case. The percentage shown and the actual end/sec is in the parentheses. That's based on my toggles. Power activation doesn't show, but I'd be curious if that is a static cost or if they are % based as well. This is why I brought this suggestion to the devs, because it seems wrong done this way.

Yes, we do get more end per second back, as you can see in the screen cap, it's more, which makes sense. But powers costing more does not.

It's just showing you your end costs expressed as a percentage of your max end. It's not calculating them that way.

LOL it clearly is. Look at the numbers in the parentheses. Why show a final number calculated on that extra 5 endurance I have, which is 5% over 100 end?

It's just showing you your end costs expressed as a percentage of your max end. It's not calculating them that way.

LOL it clearly is. Look at the numbers in the parentheses. Why show a final number calculated on that extra 5 endurance I have, which is 5% over 100 end?

The number of the left is the percent of your max endurance being used per second, and on the right is the actual points of endurance being used per second; both are the final calculation. Recovery typically is shown as a percent, and EndConsumption as points per second. Both attributes are displayed both ways only so you can more easily compare the two.

Your toggles cost a total of 1.48 end per second. That is 1.41% of your max endurance per second. That's what that's showing.

EDIT: Added a screenshot below. As you can see my end consumption is 1.41% end/sec (1.48%) end/sec based on 105 endurance. It was worse when I had 112 end. I respeced out of the energy pool and lost the 7 extra endurance. Also, my AT is Brute - Spine / Fire. Not that it seems to matter as any of the ATs that I have extra endurance it's calculated the same way.

You're misunderstanding what your combat attributes are showing you. It only showing total endurance consumption in the same format it shows recovery. But your powers still consume endurance on a static, numerical basis. If you're consumption rate increased, odds are you either picked up more toggles that cost endurance, or you level up and your SOs are now less efficient.

The reason it shows you them on a percentage basis is for consistency. It would be harder to compare recovery rates to consumption rates if they didn't both show as percentages.

Also, if everyone is telling you you're seeing it wrong, you might want to stop and consider if EVERYONE else is wrong, or if you're the one that's mistaken.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Your toggles cost a total of 1.48 end per second. That is 1.41% of your max endurance per second. That's what that's showing.

I realize that. So, I'm gonna get my 'static' cost and see what they total, because I believe they total 1.41 end/sec. If they do, it's actually costing more end to run them based on the extra endurance. Ok, so it appears it's 1.55 end per sec which works out to be 1.48% of 105.

When I had looked at this before the numbers that were added up didn't make sense. They could just show the static numbers instead. That would be easier to figure out since it's not very clear how it works.

Acid, you're looking at the end% and end/sec wrong.

Right, look at my previous post. I realize that now. First time I looked at that the numbers didn't add up right. Anyhow, they should just show the static cost instead. But now I see HOW they get to that percentage, it just makes it appear it's actually consuming more. Anyone not familiar with the formula could come to the same results.

I realize that. So, I'm gonna get my 'static' cost and see what they total, because I believe they total 1.41 end/sec. If they do, it's actually costing more end to run them based on the extra endurance. Ok, so it appears it's 1.55 end per sec which works out to be 1.48% of 105.

When I had looked at this before the numbers that were added up didn't make sense. They could just show the static numbers instead. That would be easier to figure out since it's not very clear how it works.

They are showing the static numbers. That's the number in parentheses.

They are showing the static numbers. That's the number in parentheses.

I added up my end cost of toggles it was 1.55 end / sec, which is 1.48% of 105 end. So if it's not 1.48% and just 1.48, that's .07 end off does that have to do with the ultimate end recovery in the list? Just not understanding the formula. It's helpful to know exactly how they do that, so I can build end-efficient characters. Or is that perhaps the game rounding some numbers up since it only shows end cost with two decimal places?

Acid, your posts are kinda... Not making sense.

The game properly shows your total end consumption in parenthesis, and then tells you the percent of your total.

It's straight forward. I posted the formula.

Edit: the way you're trying to math it is not correct, end cost is in end points per second. Then, divide that by your total end to get a percent drain. The percent will go down if your end total is higher, because 1.48 is a smaller PERCENT of 105 than 100.

Endurance costs are static.

To prove this, slot an IO set that gives you +end, or put an endmod IO in a power that gives you +end. Then check what the drain is, unslot it with an enhancement unslotter, and check it again.

I'll post proof when I'm back on my main.

Here is how to test if it is static or not.  Make a random brute on test server.  Pick something with a lot of toggles.  Do the command to get them to 50.  Level them up and pick all the toggles you can run with nothing slotted.  Before you pick lvl 35 powers take note of your numbers.  Your endurance will be 110 because on test you are given all the accolades.  Your recovery rate will be at the base with unslotted stamina of 2.08% per second and equal to 2.29 end/second.  Lets go with Spines/Dark and run all those toggles before Cloak of Fear.  If you include Cloak and all the others it will put you over the top and you will be slowly losing end and we do not want that in the test.  No toggles from pool powers, just the 2 damage auras, 3 shields and stealth toggle gets you at the static number of 1.92 end use per second which translates to the non static percentage of 1.75%/second. 

Now at lvl 35 pick Superior conditioning.  This will add 5 more endurance to get your total to 115.  Since recovery is static it will stay at 2.08% but will increase to 2.40 from 2.29 end/second.  Since your end use is static it will stay the same at 1.92 but your use as a percentage will decrease to 1.67% from 1.75%.

Either something changed with your build to cause extra endurance drain or you are just wrong about what you thought your numbers were before.

1.48/105=0.01409 x 100 = 1.40952

The formula again

Right, I get that. That gives 1.41% (rounded up). Yet, when I looked at all my toggles and added them up it came out to 1.55 end/sec, not 1.48, so it's .07 off, unless those numbers are rounded when looking at the details on the powers in your enhancement screen, because they don't show more than two decimal places?