After all this time playing COH...

Greycat

Little thing I realized:

For all the blueside I've played, my elec/elec blaster I made in i3 is the only one who's ever had Virginia Hoffman as a contact.  Only real *arc* she gives is the Tsoo Shenanigans one, which a few others give, so I'm not missing *content,* but with literal hundreds of characters from then to now... I'm fairly sure she's the only one who's ever gotten Hoffman.

(And they get raced past even without double XPs, DFBs - which I don't think i've been on in months - and the like.)

Just something that, for whatever reason, has stuck out for me..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Little thing I realized:

For all the blueside I've played, my elec/elec blaster I made in i3 is the only one who's ever had Virginia Hoffman as a contact.  Only real *arc* she gives is the Tsoo Shenanigans one, which a few others give, so I'm not missing *content,* but with literal hundreds of characters from then to now... I'm fairly sure she's the only one who's ever gotten Hoffman.

(And they get raced past even without double XPs, DFBs - which I don't think i've been on in months - and the like.)

Just something that, for whatever reason, has stuck out for me..

Blueside is a nightmare for me when I do a completionist run.  I keep a spreadsheet and notes like I am prepping for a doctoral thesis.  So many contacts that are alt contacts that give same content.   I get why they did it.  To make it seem fresh.  I just wish I could go back in time and exsanguinate them before they could write it down…

• Like 1

Been playing several toons...and once you hit Indy Port/Talos Isle...it seems like all of the half dozen contacts I have give the same Sky Raider, Tsoo, Family hunt, and Freak missions..at the same time. I've almost come to just go with radio missions instead since it seems to be the only way to get variety.  And Kings gives almost nothing but Skulls...   The Hollows are a better place to run around than Kings for mission variety in the 5-12 range. 

9 hours ago, Go0gleplex said:

Been playing several toons...and once you hit Indy Port/Talos Isle...it seems like all of the half dozen contacts I have give the same Sky Raider, Tsoo, Family hunt, and Freak missions..at the same time. I've almost come to just go with radio missions instead since it seems to be the only way to get variety.  And Kings gives almost nothing but Skulls...   The Hollows are a better place to run around than Kings for mission variety in the 5-12 range. 

There are a few level ranges where the "different" story arcs all take on the same subject matter.  They are different.  In that they are different missions, with different namers, and somewhat different goals.  But meatloaf is meatloaf no matter how you change the recipe.  Look to zones like Striga to change the story.  

Image result for meatloaf again rocky horror

meatloaf again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The standout for me is when i got Mercedes Sheldon as a contact....twice.  I did her missions from the midnighter club and later got introduced to her again as a contact in pocket D.  The second one never gave any missions and never left my active tab.  Its been awhile now but i think there was some jumbled text when she was given as a contact the second time.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Go0gleplex said:

I was doing all contacts and would save up so I would have 5 hunting missions at once in Talos.  It seemed like half the missions available was hunting.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Snarky said:

Blueside is a nightmare for me when I do a completionist run.  I keep a spreadsheet and notes like I am prepping for a doctoral thesis.  So many contacts that are alt contacts that give same content.   I get why they did it.  To make it seem fresh.  I just wish I could go back in time and exsanguinate them before they could write it down…

Eh whut? Same content? What's that, then? I don't know much about the this stuff.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

18 minutes ago, Herotu said:

Eh whut? Same content? What's that, then? I don't know much about the this stuff.

to try to make a very complicated thing simple....

the orinal devs took a simple thing.  contact that gives content.   then made it complicated.  that "content" was randomly assigned to 3-5 different contact names.  you randomly get one.  

then they did that about 30 more times.  

so trying to do "all content" you have to cross check a couple hundred ghost contacts

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Snarky said:

to try to make a very complicated thing simple....

the orinal devs took a simple thing.  contact that gives content.   then made it complicated.  that "content" was randomly assigned to 3-5 different contact names.  you randomly get one.  

then they did that about 30 more times.  

so trying to do "all content" you have to cross check a couple hundred ghost contacts

I'm a massive fan of replayability in games via varying the existing content, but this ... isn't it. 

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.