mapserved hard over and over

Snarky

Last night I was doing the villain alignment mission where you enter the "ether plane". Clicked on the first glowie, and immediately mapserved. Finally managed to get logged back in, and restarted the mission. This time I got all the way through it, was about ten feet away from clicking the final glowie, and got mapserved again.

Very bummed because it was an interesting mission with some lore stuff I hadn't heard before.

On 1/1/2023 at 10:09 AM, Krimson said:

I saw people mentioning it on Excelsior but nothing happened to me that I know of. Mind you, I was AFK in my base most of the time. 

I had just exited a mission with a team on Excelsior I was working with, we all hung on the loading screen.  My alt that was hanging in the base didn't notice a problem, but the friends list was non-functional for him

Edited by lemming
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, lemming said:

I had just exited a mission with a team on Excelsior I was working with, we all hung on the loading screen.  My alt that was hanging in the base didn't notice a problem, but the friends list was non-functional for him

LOTR Meme Templates (Page 1) - Newfa Stuff

• Haha 3

played a 1.5 hour synapse last night with a team of 8, starting at around 8:30pm UK time / 3:30pm EST and found it to be  completely fine. one person in the team rebooted as they thought their router was playing up but that was about it

perhaps things are resolved now, or did we get lucky?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Krimson said:

So apparently being in a base was the key. 

Probably a communication issue between server functions since the friends list was affected and that's a cross server function.  And while in a base, you don't have as much interaction with the world.

5 minutes ago, mega said:

Yeah I got mapserved as well, and saw a couple servers down, and keep getting served when I log back into indom. Server status page is broken for me as well.

Just checked the game proper, and I'm showing 3 servers down... 

yep got mapserver disconnected a few times then the server i was on went down.

Noticed one server is offline and a few keep going to offline then back up.

But so far i cant seam to actually play on the server i was on.

On the character i was playing a few others the map location says unknown and when i try to load the character i get an error saying map not found.

if I use a differing character with a map listed, the game gives an error saying no launcher available, map cannot be created.

so looks like like some issues on the servers side.

As for the graphic issues......disconnecting due to leaves......

wow I recall people complaining about that back when city of heroes first came out.  They ran low end stuff so it was kind of expected.

I run it now and my computer does not even notice the leaves or anything.

Maybe turn down your particles and shadow settings...sounds like you are using an XX60 type graphics card(ie a 2260 or  a 1060 or a 460 as example all low end game cards...you want an 8-0 series...like a 480 or 1080 or 980 or 2080 as examples)

As i recall 99 percent of the graphic issues people had in the 2000s where due to shadows or particles or the point of view settings that added fog to everything.  Which was silly in my opinion, since the real world does not have blur or fog on everything less then 5 feet away, if you see that then you need to have your eyes checked...or stop cooking with your grill while you are playing games.

• Like 2