Favorite “Electric” hero?

StriderIV

Hi heroes,

Fun thing at an event tonight with my son. A random question was asked to the group of boys: if you had any power, what would it be? His answer was “Electric Superpowers.” He is a big Pikachu and Thor fan 😂 

It made me think: what Electrical powersets do you enjoy the most/make you feel the most powerful? It doesn’t need to be an Elec/Elec combo, just so long as one of the powersets is electric based! Some for me are:

Shield/Elec Tanker: With the electric shield. My first 50 on HC, and honestly one of the most “fun per click” heroes ever. Shield Charge + Lightning Rod truly makes you feel like a God.

Thermal/Elec Defender: My latest project. The idea is that the electricity generates the heat. Seems like a great Jack of all trades combo.

Elec/Elec Defender: Only lv 32, but seems like a beastly team toon. My only “all in” on Electric combo.

Savage/Elec Brute: Thing is a blender. Savage Melee’s DOTS paired with Electric DOT is a very nice synergy.

I have yet to run an Electric Armor Tanker, but I hear they are pretty beastly.

I’d love to hear yours!

Edited by StriderIV
  • Like 1

Imo, elec/ stalker is very underrated. It is one of the stalkers with really good aoe, and stalkers neatly make up for elec melee's traditional weakness of relatively low ST damage.

You think shield/elec tankers are gods, you should try it on a stalker.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StriderIV said:

what Electrical powersets do you enjoy the most/make you feel the most powerful?

Consider an elec blast/bio armor sentinel - you get some control, some solid attacks, and with the elec or Mu APP/PPP, additional AoE, an ally heal if you go with the APP, or an elec pet if you go Mu.

I have a necro/elec mastermind that is quite fun to play, too - who doesn't love shocking zombies to make them stronger!

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Zect said:

Imo, elec/ stalker is very underrated. It is one of the stalkers with really good aoe, and stalkers neatly make up for elec melee's traditional weakness of relatively low ST damage.

x2.

The wind-up on AS from Hidden sounds like a rattlesnake.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

5 hours ago, Zect said:

You think shield/elec tankers are gods, you should try it on a stalker.

You know, I loved it on a Tanker just because my main goal was to be UNKILLABLE. Funnily enough, my buddy did the same combo on a Stalker and it was hilarious that he was just a Howitzer from group to group 😂 tons of chaos when we duo’d with those two haha

5 hours ago, biostem said:

Consider an elec blast/bio armor sentinel - you get some control, some solid attacks, and with the elec or Mu APP/PPP, additional AoE, an ally heal if you go with the APP, or an elec pet if you go Mu.

I have a necro/elec mastermind that is quite fun to play, too - who doesn't love shocking zombies to make them stronger!

I’m a fool and forgot that I ran an Elec/Elec/Elec Sent… honestly it was a sapping God. I haven’t pulled it out since the Sentinel changes though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was always a fan of electric powered supers (Lightning Lad, Black Bolt and Electro) in beta made an elec/elec blaster and even brought the char. and the name to the live launch back in the day 😄 but even now in HC I have a ton in prob every AT but my fave is my elec/elec Sent Kobolt 😄

• Like 1

Bill3.jpg.f1ff7a242b7765691cf45caa5d829f5a.jpg

My DA page

—“too soon old, and too late smart.”  

5 hours ago, Fire Chief said:

Was always a fan of electric powered supers (Lightning Lad, Black Bolt and Electro) in beta made an elec/elec blaster and even brought the char. and the name to the live launch back in the day 😄 but even now in HC I have a ton in prob every AT but my fave is my elec/elec Sent Kobolt 😄

A ton of people love Elec/Elec Sents apparently. Makes sense, they’re sturdy and fun. Between Elec’s T9 and Ion, you feel like you’re dropping the hammer on pretty much every group of baddies haha 

• Like 1

I enjoy the following electric toons, and each one has been made into a god with IO slotting (as all my toons end up):

• Elec/Ninja Blaster
  • Elec/Kin Corruptor
  • Dark/Elec Defender
  • Elec/Rad Tanker
  • Ice/Elec Tanker
  • Elec/Bio Stalker
  • Elec/Fiery Sentinel
  • Elec/Psi Domi
  • Elec/Cold Troller
  • Water/Elec Affinity Defender
  • SD/Elec Tanker
  • EM/Energy/Mu Stalker 
  • Fire/Elec Affinity Troller
  • Sonic/Elec Manip Blaster
  • and even my TW/Elec Whirlwind Scrapper does well.

Electric is super versatile. Just about any pairing with it can be made into a great toon. (Note to myself: it looks like I need an Electric Brute, besides my farmers that use Mu).

• Like 1

Only one (since I'm a tanker at heart), Electric Armor/Electric Melee/Energy Mastery/Ionic Judgement.  Had to try EA and it doesn't disappoint.  Not top tier durability, but, like a well-built Fire or WP tank, easily tanks 98% of "normal" content.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

3 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I enjoy the following electric toons, and each one has been made into a god with IO slotting (as all my toons end up):

• Elec/Ninja Blaster
  • Elec/Kin Corruptor
  • Dark/Elec Defender
  • Elec/Rad Tanker
  • Ice/Elec Tanker
  • Elec/Bio Stalker
  • Elec/Fiery Sentinel
  • Elec/Psi Domi
  • Elec/Cold Troller
  • Water/Elec Affinity Defender
  • SD/Elec Tanker
  • EM/Energy/Mu Stalker 
  • Fire/Elec Affinity Troller
  • Sonic/Elec Manip Blaster
  • and even my TW/Elec Whirlwind Scrapper does well.

Electric is super versatile. Just about any pairing with it can be made into a great toon. (Note to myself: it looks like I need an Electric Brute, besides my farmers that use Mu).

Elec Affin/Water Defender seems SUPER active, but I bet it’s a blast.

well now... let me think about that one 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Joking aside Scarlet was my 2nd ever toon way back in ought six, and she's become my signature toon ever since but I have to say my Invincible Woman, am Elec/Kin melee tank is fast taking preference just because she can do so much more than faceplant.

• Haha 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

4 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Elec Affin/Water Defender seems SUPER active, but I bet it’s a blast.

It is pretty busy, but it is a great support set that works well in melee and feels like it actually contributes with water burst, whirlpool and geyser, a proc'd steam spray isn't a bad option either.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 1

I've got an Electric/Energy/Mu Scrapper that's a ton of fun to play. He's an AoE-spamming crit machine courtesy of the Critical Strikes unique in Thunder Strike. It procs on most mobs of enemies and between Ball Lightning, Chain Lightning, and Lightning Rod everything just tends to melt.

Edited by El D
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

Elec blast is really good now. I prefer pairing it with something that has a slow aura to limit scatter, otherwise drained enemies take to the hills. A friend and I ran a pair of elec/time corrs that were absolutely devastating. If I were soloing I would probably use the defender version though. Elec/ice or elec/martial blasters would also work.

I've never got on with elec armour, it has holes in awkward places and no heal on a resist set is a real limitation. Elec control is a set I want to love more than I end up doing. Every time I try it I find it lacks the reliable control it feels it should have considering how low its damage potential is. Elec affinity looks a good set, I'm particularly tempted to run it as an mm but haven't yet got around to it.

Gonna have to go with Eddy Grant, he was all about rocking and a motorcycle.  I mean really who wouldn't want that guy saving the day; far better than electricity and a slide.

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 3/3/2023 at 2:39 AM, Parabola said:

I've never got on with elec armour, it has holes in awkward places and no heal on a resist set is a real limitation. 

You're in luck!  Electric armor does have a heal these days in Energize!

4 hours ago, evetsleep said:

You're in luck!  Electric armor does have a heal these days in Energize!

I meant to add the word reactive in there. Energise is on too long a cooldown to adequately fill the role of a reactive heal in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Parabola said:

I meant to add the word reactive in there. Energise is on too long a cooldown to adequately fill the role of a reactive heal in my opinion. 

With only four pieces of Preventive Medicine, it's a 814 HP bump (and 175% regen for 30 sec) with a 55 sec. cooldown ...in a build that doesn't focus much on recharge other than Hasten.  When Hasten is up, it's 42 seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

9 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

With only four pieces of Preventive Medicine, it's a 814 HP bump (and 175% regen for 30 sec) with a 55 sec. cooldown ...in a build that doesn't focus much on recharge other than Hasten.  When Hasten is up, it's 42 seconds.

That seems pretty decent to me :).. need to get on one of my electric's for a bit.. those guys are fun!

• Thumbs Up 1