Suggestion: Enable all missions to scale up level wise.

Zep

We have only so much content in this game. Like butter/jam on toast we try to spread it and just tear the bread.

XP multipliers just make it worse and it is tedious to track turning xp gain on and off though it is nice to have the option.

It would be nice if all story arcs could scale up. Leave the minimums exactly where they are but allow them to go up to 51.

-OR-

Create an option that allows even a solo player to auto exemplar down to the missions' top level if they are higher.

These options would add some QOL for those who like to find and run everything.

• Like 3

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

this is also possible and has been implemented on other servers.

Can you expand on this?  Are you fighting level 50+ Vahzilok somewhere?  Did they give them more powers, or just up their level with no other changes?

It's level up with no changes @biostem - and even then its probably jankier than jank.

Possible does not mean it should be done as-is. I'd rather have the HC approach of quality over quantity/blindly throwing darts to find what sticks.

Edited by Shadeknight
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

10 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Accounts for fewer contact missions than you might think, and doesn't keep them from getting left permanently unfinished in your tabs.

I can only think of one mission I would think was important but is not in Ouroboros, and that is the magic box mission from Hardcase. Aside from that, the only missions not in Ouroboros that I am aware of, are the filler missions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Open all content to all level ranges.

Missions remain as they are now, the mission owner and all sk'd team members auto-exemp down to the max of the level range for that mission.

Ouro is neat, but speaking as someone who loves my 50s and loves playing them on Non-zerg teams at lower levels, ouro is not a great option. I do not want to be locked in TF mode to do low level content.

I end up having to broadcast that I am "LF lowby teams to join" and hope and wait. It sure would be nice to lead the team, get content in a lower range, set the mission and it auto exempt me down for that mission, along with everyone else. At 1am it's hard to find anyone leading teams, but easy to find people who will join a team.

So I end up soloing, which is boring. So I end up not playing.

I do not want missions scaled up, I want me exemp down. Then I can run radios in steel, or do a story arc.

And add all contents to the find contact tab.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Ouro is neat, but speaking as someone who loves my 50s and loves playing them on Non-zerg teams at lower levels, ouro is not a great option. I do not want to be locked in TF mode to do low level content.

What the Flashback system does is put you into a pseudo-TF state, which outside of having a lower level teammate to exemplar you, is the only way to artificially and temporarily lower your level.  The only other way of achieving this would be to do something like having a contact in each zone which, if you're higher level, sets you to the max level of that zone via a similar system...

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

I'm pretty sure the reason why we have Ouroboros and it works the way it does is because the game engine could not function the way you are describing. In order to exemplar your character down to the appropriate level to do the lower level missions and arcs, the character needed someone to exemplar down to. The exception was TFs. So the Ouroboros system works like a modified TF to enable players to exemplar down even while solo to do lower level content.

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

At 1am it's hard to find anyone leading teams, but easy to find people who will join a team.

Pretty sure that is an around the clock situation actually. It seems to me that a much larger percentage of players would rather join and follow than lead. (Especially since the bulk of teams I see are PI radio missions to level up lower level characters.) Also, there are players that at the correct level range prefer to do the content solo for various reasons.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "and" to "than".

2 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Open all content to all level ranges.

Missions remain as they are now, the mission owner and all sk'd team members auto-exemp down to the max of the level range for that mission.

I end up having to broadcast that I am "LF lowby teams to join" and hope and wait. It sure would be nice to lead the team, get content in a lower range, set the mission and it auto exempt me down for that mission, along with everyone else. At 1am it's hard to find anyone leading teams, but easy to find people who will join a team.

So I end up soloing, which is boring. So I end up not playing.

I do not want missions scaled up, I want me exemp down. Then I can run radios in steel, or do a story arc.

And add all contents to the find contact tab.

hey switch, I'm really picking up what you are laying down, i totally dig it. I play this way too. Feel free to add me in game anytime and we can duo sometime. (infinity shard is my home)

Hey guys for everyone else asking, the Thunderspy server has already implemented this request if you are interested in checking it out here's the link

Thunderspy Gaming - A City of Heroes Private Server

I hope i didnt break any rules by posting that, if so i apologize in advance, HOMECOMING FOREVER!

I

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

5 hours ago, biostem said:

What the Flashback system does is put you into a pseudo-TF state, which outside of having a lower level teammate to exemplar you, is the only way to artificially and temporarily lower your level.  The only other way of achieving this would be to do something like having a contact in each zone which, if you're higher level, sets you to the max level of that zone via a similar system...

I am familiar with how ouro works.

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

I'm pretty sure the reason why we have Ouroboros and it works the way it does is because the game engine could not function the way you are describing. In order to exemplar your character down to the appropriate level to do the lower level missions and arcs, the character needed someone to exemplar down to. The exception was TFs. So the Ouroboros system works like a modified TF to enable players to exemplar down even while solo to do lower level content.

Pretty sure that is an around the clock situation actually. It seems to me that a much larger percentage of players would rather join and follow than lead. (Especially since the bulk of teams I see are PI radio missions to level up lower level characters.) Also, there are players that at the correct level range prefer to do the content solo for various reasons.

I'm certain you are correct, regarding one of the main reasons ouro was implemented. Certainly, ouro was a good attempt at the time, and may still be the only option; however, it's not optimal.

What I was describing as a possible change is what I feel would be desirable, should it be possible. It's valuable for the devs to know what changes would be desired, as they may develop a possible upgrade.

1 minute ago, SwitchFade said:

In fact, I am well aware. I'm sure you noticed no one, especially me, said "simple fix."

Great!  So we're done here - you acknowledge that Ouro can already do most of what the Op wants and that it wouldn't be simple or straightforward to implement in an on-demand manner like they're asking for...

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Great!  So we're done here - you acknowledge that Ouro can already do most of what the Op wants and that it wouldn't be simple or straightforward to implement in an on-demand manner like they're asking for...

Your strawmanning and hyperbole are definitely done here, yes.

• Haha 1

While it gets the job done, and I have already for some time had a mission time crystal in my base, Oro has its limitations and frustrations. 

Regardless of how simple the request is, it is to find a better, easier, cleaner, way. 

I, of course, encourage and desire debate and the free exchange of ideas, on pretty much any topic. So long as we all remember to respect each other. (Not saying anyone has or hasnt just saying) And respect each others ideas even though we may disagree with them.

I am curious on how other servers have done this and how viable/functional it is? I know To_Hit charts and other functions are based on level vs level - which would make this work in some ways, how power scaling of units beyond basics would work is a valid/interesting question. 

Edited by Zep

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

18 hours ago, Zep said:

I am curious on how other servers have done this and how viable/functional it is?

Given the only? other server to do this doesn't really do quality testing, it's likely a horrible mess.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble