Storm/ Something

cgargano

Just wondering if people think Storm is more effective on a defender or a corruptor?  For example would a ice storm corruptor be more beneficial ona team than a storm ice defender?  As a secondary question, is Ice a goodcompanion forstorm?

The damage from Freezing Rain is trivial, so it shouldn't matter for your decision. The damage for Tornado and Lightning Storm is the same for Corruptors and Defenders while the -resist from Freezing Rain is better for Defenders than Corruptors. So in terms of just the damage from Storm Summoning itself, Defenders deal more damage than Corruptors.

In terms of the Blast set, Corruptors will do more damage. For Storm Summoning Defenders/Corruptors, the single target damage of Tornado/Lightning Storm is so significant in a pure ST fight that this damage difference doesn't matter much. So really the major damage advantage for Corruptors would be with AE.

Whether or not you can meaningfully realize this damage difference depends on how well you leverage (or not) the superior defensive numbers of the Defender - it's far easier to hit defensive breakpoints on a Defender.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Hjarki said:

The damage for Tornado and Lightning Storm is the same for Corruptors and Defenders

While true for Tornado, the defender version of Lightning Storm does 11% more damage and drains more endurance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• 3 weeks later
On 3/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

@Sir Myshkinhas a pretty epic storm/energy defender leveraging proc bombs and force feedback recharge procs.

I don't think he is epic, but I have a storm/energy that kicks buttocks as well. the force feedback proc is a thing of beauty - more lightning storms, more tornado

On 3/21/2023 at 12:39 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

@Sir Myshkinhas a pretty epic storm/energy defender leveraging proc bombs and force feedback recharge procs.

I've been running it on my toon Weatherman, but the damage does seem kind of weaksauce from Energy (vs. Fire/Ice).

Curious how the new Storm Blast will play when out of Beta.

energy storm dfndr v3.mxd

2 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

I've been running it on my toon Weatherman, but the damage does seem kind of weaksauce from Energy (vs. Fire/Ice).

Curious how the new Storm Blast will play when out of Beta.

energy storm dfndr v3.mxd 5.29 kB · 0 downloads

The damage from a storm Defender primarily will come from the storm summoning set. The energy blast is there to help keep force feedback up to maximize recharge of freezing rain, tornado, and lightning storm.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

The damage from a storm Defender primarily will come from the storm summoning set. The energy blast is there to help keep force feedback up to maximize recharge of freezing rain, tornado, and lightning storm.

This. My variation is actually Storm/Water Blast. Absolute chaos and I love it.

Now I just need to figure out the endurance issues 😂

Edited by BuiltDifferent5

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Fair enough, I just end up blasting a bit between FR, Tornado, Thunderstorms, debuffing, etc, and the energy blast stuff always felt pretty underwhelming.

17 hours ago, Panache said:

Depending on how much you want to invest, that Corruptor ATO with the % +End can really help mitigate one of Storm's 'weak spots' (it's pretty End heavy)

I don't particularly go after that proc, but my stormies all have 3 slotted health, and 3 slotted stamina. I put the miracle and the numina's in health with a heal IO and the performance shifter proc and two other endmod IOs in stamina to quench my stormies' blue thirst.

If I am going on a particularly thirsty adventure like... the MLTF I pick up some buffs in the supergroup base and get +recovery and -end drain at an empowerment station

18 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Fair enough, I just end up blasting a bit between FR, Tornado, Thunderstorms, debuffing, etc, and the energy blast stuff always felt pretty underwhelming.

Everything is weaksauce compared to fire blast because the secondary effect for defenders in fire blast is...more damage. Ice is not that much more damage than energy on a defender unless you are leveraging FR + aoe goodness, which you CAN do with torrent on an energy blast defender.

I would invest some KB>KD procs in energy blast in a team play build so that nova and torrent don't drive your teammates bonkers short of you being a kb expert that can push the spawn to the middle of the kill zone. (Good stormies don't knock foes out of Freezing Rain 😉 )

Edited by Psylenz0511

8 hours ago, Psylenz0511 said:

Everything is weaksauce compared to fire blast because the secondary effect for defenders in fire blast is...more damage. Ice is not that much more damage than energy on a defender unless you are leveraging FR + aoe goodness, which you CAN do with torrent on an energy blast defender.

I would invest some KB>KD procs in energy blast in a team play build so that nova and torrent don't drive your teammates bonkers short of you being a kb expert that can push the spawn to the middle of the kill zone. (Good stormies don't knock foes out of Freezing Rain 😉 )

Yeh the build in question has a lot of KB->KD.