Prob already requested

What’s wrong with stabbing people?

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

The blood gets all over my nice costume

It's like the spewing pipes in the sewer maps — I'm sure virtually everyone has characters that, when they have to go into the sewers, think "Why am I doing this? I'm never going to get this out of my costume/hair/fur..."

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Enterphase said:

Hey, I was thinking some blunt weapons in the dual weapons area would be nice.  Like Tonfas or Sticks (Nightwing thing).  Would be cool if you are making a character who doesn't want to cause serious injury by stabbing people. 

Good point.  Stabbing wastes blood.  A large amount of repeated blunt force trauma is much more heroic.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/23/2023 at 9:33 PM, SwitchFade said:

Battle-axe should have sword skins, because I want to swing a sword but don't like broadsword.

Fix it.

War Mace is the blunt/smashing alternative to battle axe, broadsword, and katana.  What's the one for dual blades?

So do to Dual Blades what was done with the other melee weapon sets. Create a Stick Fighting set that is similar to but slightly different from Dual Blades.

Edit: Personally, while I admit it would be more work, I think taking the Dual Blades set, cloning it, slightly changing it, and making that a new Stick Fighting set would be a better option than just re-skinning Dual Blades' weapons to include tonfas.

Edited by Rudra

20 minutes ago, Rudra said:

So do to Dual Blades what was done with the other melee weapon sets. Create a Stick Fighting set that is similar to but slightly different from Dual Blades.

Edit: Personally, while I admit it would be more work, I think taking the Dual Blades set, cloning it, slightly changing it, and making that a new Stick Fighting set would be a better option than just re-skinning Dual Blades' weapons to include tonfas.

Agreed. Tonfas, to look like tonfas, would swing around in the hands more, and some of the moves like Thousand Cuts don't really feel like how tonfas are used. Sticks like Nightwing uses (or Black Widow when she uses shock sticks) are generally based in escrima/kali/arnis de mano, where a big blur of double attacks makes sense.

For those complaining about the reskin since the DB set would still do lethal damage, Staff Fighting gets spear/naginata as an option even though it still does Smashing damage. This is like that but in reverse.

Edited by Milk Sheik

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

12 hours ago, Milk Sheik said:

Agreed. Tonfas, to look like tonfas, would swing around in the hands more, and some of the moves like Thousand Cuts don't really feel like how tonfas are used. Sticks like Nightwing uses (or Black Widow when she uses shock sticks) are generally based in escrima/kali/arnis de mano, where a big blur of double attacks makes sense.

For those complaining about the reskin since the DB set would still do lethal damage, Staff Fighting gets spear/naginata as an option even though it still does Smashing damage. This is like that but in reverse.

Tonfa can also be used for trip and takedown attacks. So a new set could include knockdown attacks as part of its combo system. Something the Dual Blades set can't do without procs. (It also lacks the correct animations for the maneuvers.)

I hate to be that person, and while I want to say I do not oppose the idea, my two cents opinion is that some sets are called "Battle Axe" or "Broadsword" because you're using Axes and Broadswords. You're not supposed to just use swords for BAs. It doesn't make sense, just play the other set at that point. Given however this set is named "Dual Blades" the idea of a "blade" is ubiquitous and encompassing. There are lots of themes and directions one could take while categorizing a weapon as a "blade" of some fashion. Therefore, I'm open to this idea. +1

On 3/22/2023 at 11:57 AM, Enterphase said:

Hey, I was thinking some blunt weapons in the dual weapons area would be nice.  Like Tonfas or Sticks (Nightwing thing).  Would be cool if you are making a character who doesn't want to cause serious injury by stabbing people. 

Yeah i've been requesting this forever, not sure how they'd code them to let them do smashing damage then too, but would be nice. And for god's f'ing sake fix vengeful slice to have a lower cast time and proper DPA ugh.