Animation Walk Quadrupedalism is a form of ...

Chi

2 hours ago, Chi said:

Four-legged posture and moves using all four limbs. 

There is a beast travel power you can get from the P2W vendor that does this.  Also, IIRC, they updated the stance options in the tailor.

2 hours ago, Chi said:

Add Galloping.

It'd have to be an entirely new animation, plus I don't think character models have long enough forelimbs to properly carry out a horse-like running animation.

1 minute ago, Chi said:

Ok.

Like Beast Run but Walk "Strut". 

Perhaps there is a disconnect somewhere.  A "strut" requires a degree dexterity or "style" that I do not believe can be properly portrayed by a humanoid model on all fours...

The way a quadruped can move and the way a biped (using human base form) can move on all fours isn't the same. How do you propose making a bipedal form moving on all fours gallop or strut?

Edit: Look at limb arrangement for instance. A horse's forelimbs bend back the way our legs do, and their hind limbs bend forward the way our arms do. Our limbs are arranged opposite in joint layout of each other. So a bipedal form using a human base does not have the range of limb movement necessary to emulate a strut or gallop.

Edited by Rudra

Beast Crawl.  Creeping forward on all four limbs.  I want that, too.  Been thinking about it for a few months.  The excessive motion of Beast Run looks fine at full tilt, but not at normal movement speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

7 hours ago, Rudra said:

Look at limb arrangement for instance. A horse's forelimbs bend back the way our legs do, and their hind limbs bend forward the way our arms do.

No. The limb structure is the same, but the proportions are different, so what you're looking at aren't the same joints. What you are describing are the equivalent of the wrist and ankle joints on a human; the equivalent joints to the elbow and knee bend the same way in both humans and horses:

hvh.thumb.jpg.61605838f4cc02990c9ab2533902120f.jpg

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

Still means a bipedal human model can't gallop or strut.

Not in the sense of 'a gait of a four-footed animal in which all four feet are off the ground once in each stride', but in the colloquial usage of 'going at a run or fast pace', yes. And for the latter, have you paid attention to the animation for females using the 'Walk' power?

4 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Not in the sense of 'a gait of a four-footed animal in which all four feet are off the ground once in each stride', but in the colloquial usage of 'going at a run or fast pace', yes. And for the latter, have you paid attention to the animation for females using the 'Walk' power?

Are you kidding? That is an entirely different type of strut than the author is asking for. The author is asking for quadrupedal movement, specifically equine movement. Are you now trying to tell me that a human physique is capable of that kind of motion?

7 hours ago, Rudra said:

Her movements are still a monkey's bounding, not a horse galloping. Impressive though.

Edit: Doesn't beast run already do what she is doing in the video?

It looks similar to beast run to me.  Her knees and elbows are more extended to raise the body further from the ground but the movement is almost the same.

On 3/22/2023 at 4:14 PM, biostem said:

A character with human proportions can't readily "strut" on all fours.  Are you trying to invoke an "uncanny valley" effect or something?

My mind produced an image of a t-rex trying to sneak around

• Haha 1