Possible Oversight?

Not really parity or oversight. Defenders didn't have ice power sets when APPs were first added in Issue 3, so they didn't get an ice APP. When APPs were proliferated in Going Rogue, Corruptors simply got access to all the existing Defender pools. And adding new APPs has been, for whatever reason, very low priority for the various dev teams in the game's history.

• Thumbs Up 2

ok so what i didn't read there was

"this will break the game because of _____ OR noooooooo power creep heaven forbid" 

therefore id like to officially request ICE epic power pool for support sets.

Also in hindsight I'd like to point out that these sets also include both MU mastery and Electrical Mastery which is kinda redundant

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen
  • Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

7 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Also in hindsight I'd like to point out that these sets also include both MU mastery and Electrical Mastery which is kinda redundant

This is because the "heroic" ATs only originally got APPs, and the "villainous" ones only got PPPs.  Furthermore, the original sets of APPs matched the original options available to their respective ATs.  Defenders didn't get Ice Blast until much, much later.  So Defenders had an Electric APP from the start because they had Electric Blast from the start, which was later proliferated to Corruptors, and Corruptors had no Ice set because they had patron-themed powers instead, including Mu Mastery, which was later proliferated to Defenders.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be for more APP options, but for better or worse, there is a logic to why this specific option isn't available, at least.

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

This is because the "heroic" ATs didn't originally get APPs, and the "villainous" ones didn't get PPPs. 

Backwards -- heroes got only Ancillary power pools, and villains got only Patron  power pools. But you have the general idea; each side only got the high-end pools for the side they belonged to.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Backwards -- heroes got only Ancillary power pools, and villains got only Patron  power pools. But you have the general idea; each side only got the high-end pools for the side they belonged to.

Whoops.  I probably had three different ways to explain it in my head at once and they ended up intersecting.  That's usually how it goes.  I corrected the explanation, thanks.

The idea of adding epic power sets to ATs is reasonable given that they are balanced. Otherwise it promotes build diversity, and increases replayability, which are two good things to have in an aging game.

I think a larger pass at adding multiple epic power sets across each AT (yes Kheldians and VEATs included) would make for a good idea of a feature of a Page expansion.

In regards to hero/villain access, Scirocco was meant to become a hero and bring patron pool access to blueside along with him. The OG devs were pretty close to finishing the arc too, with completed cutscenes having been posted on youtube. If the live server had held on just a little bit longer we might've had that. 😞

• Sad 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

On 3/24/2023 at 6:41 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

I think a larger pass at adding multiple epic power sets across each AT (yes Kheldians and VEATs included) would make for a good idea of a feature of a Page expansion.

I'm in favor of adding more APPs/PPPs.  That being said, what "hole" would you seek to fill among the HEATs or VEATs?  IMO, the APPs/PPPs are meant to give regular ATs things that they don't normally have access to, but the Epic ATs aren't really lacking in any one area...

EDIT:

After some thought, here's a few ideas as to how the Epic Power Pools could be handled in a slightly different way for those special ATs:

For Khledians, add some powers that are usable in all forms, but behave slightly differently depending upon which one you are in.

For VEATs, maybe play against type and offer a PBAoE or single target ally heal, etc.

Edited by biostem

30 minutes ago, biostem said:

I'm in favor of adding more APPs/PPPs.  That being said, what "hole" would you seek to fill among the HEATs or VEATs?  IMO, the APPs/PPPs are meant to give regular ATs things that they don't normally have access to, but the Epic ATs aren't really lacking in any one area...

EDIT:

After some thought, here's a few ideas as to how the Epic Power Pools could be handled in a slightly different way for those special ATs:

For Khledians, add some powers that are usable in all forms, but behave slightly differently depending upon which one you are in.

For VEATs, maybe play against type and offer a PBAoE or single target ally heal, etc.

Honestly I thought giving Kheldians and VEATs standard access to the various types of thematic powers would give people more flexibility with their character concepts not that they particularly needed them to make the characters playable but just to increase the potential for unique builds.