2 Auto powers

Tankshock

There is a post somewhere about creating bind files that let your movement keys swap the auto cast from hasten to domination and back again. It’s quite convoluted but effective. 

I reacted with a cry emoji to the original post because this issue with hasten and domination comes up a lot and really affects the AT. 😕

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

3 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

The big problem for me with binding powers to the movement key is every time you move and the power is it recharged you will get a pop-up message that tells you it’s not recharged. It can get annoying after a while

No this was to bind the turning on of autocast, so there was no ‘power has not recharged’ message. Of all the techniques I tried, this was the one which worked the quietist. 

The only problem you have is if you aren’t moving it won’t alternate the autocast, but since I fidget so much with my character that was never an issue for me.

The bigger issue was that I spam powers so much the poor autocast never got a chance to fire 😛

• Thanks 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

On 6/14/2019 at 12:09 AM, jack_nomind said:

No.  Sort of.  You can autocast only one power, by default with Ctrl+LClick (it sounds like you already know this).  I'm personally in favor of more autocasts being available but a fair bit of the community believes it would be too much like botting.

What's the difference between auto and passive?

There are lots of powers that are ones you just click whenever cooldown is down, but you don't do it for everything. 

I believe in a thorough do-over of the powers and binning of these click-it-when-you-can things - imho they should either be auto auto or permapassive (but weaker) or make them so you WANT to time them.  I think the original developers made a mistake in this regard. ❤️ Matt Miller and co. wherever you are.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 6/16/2019 at 3:37 PM, Tankshock said:

This reminded me that I used to bind to WASD. It worked really well, you only lose Dom if afk. I wouldn't do powers, when it fires the power won't and that could mess you up in combat.

If this was a different game I’d probably make some custom ui (like weak auras...) to alert me when I need to recast Hasten and Domination. 

TBH I wish some/all the Domination bonuses could be made baseline, and then after that is done make it so Domination recharge cannot be enhanced so it’s definitely temporary, and have it give some other bonuses..

Not sure a full rework is on the cards though 😛

Retired, October 2022.

12 minutes ago, Herotu said:

What's the difference between auto and passive?

There are lots of powers that are ones you just click whenever cooldown is down, but you don't do it for everything. 

I believe in a thorough do-over of the powers and binning of these click-it-when-you-can things - imho they should either be auto auto or permapassive (but weaker) or make them so you WANT to time them.  I think the original developers made a mistake in this regard. ❤️ Matt Miller and co. wherever you are.

It’s one of the side effects of massive recharge bonus stacking. But to be honest it usually comes at a cost (in inf or not being able to slot something else) so I don’t think it’s a big deal. It’s quite integral to how your characters advance in CoH. Getting that recharge up is so fun.

Retired, October 2022.

I'll say this - HC's "flavor" of CoH may not technically allow "botting", but I will openly admit that my spines/fire brutes can simply Auto-fire Burn, without me doing a thing, and clear the silly Comic-Con AE map. 

If I were so inclined, I could take the same brute and clear the Dreck map of Freaks as well, I'd just have to tab back in and move the character to the next mob. It would take a while, of course, but other than moving the character, I wouldn't have to do a thing. 

Is this any different than "botting"? I would say no. 

I am fairly certain that the original devs, if they'd implemented the spines/fire combination, they'd have nerfed something to make this improbable, if not impossible. Granted, it wouldn't be popular to introduce figurative candy and then take it away, which is why we have beta testing. The problem is beta testing takes time, and sometimes, while no glitches may be found, impact on the game economy wouldn't likely make itself present on beta. 

All that said, I see absolutely no reason why we couldn't allow for Auto-firing of Domination & Hasten, or Hasten and Rune of Protection or any other power that would be useful. 

Obviously, a full attack chain would just remove the need to pay attention to the game at all - and while that wouldn't make sense to most of us - some folks really want to kit out their alts and see these types of farming as a legitimate way to do so. My only beef would be that HC has already made it pathetically easy to kit out a character! How hard is it to explore for badges, get about 20 merits at level 4 with a travel power  (or a jet pack from p2w for 5k) sell the converters from exchanging those merits, and then proceding to use AH to increase funds even more? It's not unheard of to make a billion day! Rare, but not unheard of. 

But two auto powers would be less "game-breaking" than the notion of trading merits for converters at a vendor, which is currently being done routinely. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

It’s one of the side effects of massive recharge bonus stacking. But to be honest it usually comes at a cost (in inf or not being able to slot something else) so I don’t think it’s a big deal. It’s quite integral to how your characters advance in CoH. Getting that recharge up is so fun.

I disagree and this is why.

Whenever someone new asks "What should I play", or , "How do I optimise", or simply, "What is good?", the reply is always, "play what you like", "play for fun", "don't optimise".

Well, with all due respect, could the community kindly make up our damned minds, please? 

Is it "play for fun" or "fun to get the recharge up"?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

2 hours ago, Herotu said:

Whenever someone new asks "What should I play", or , "How do I optimise", or simply, "What is good?", the reply is always, "play what you like", "play for fun", "don't optimise".

Well, with all due respect, could the community kindly make up our damned minds, please? 

Well I think for a new player i.e. someone who would be asking that question, it's "play what you want" or "play for fun"

Optimizing and Min/Max is for the someone who has been playing awhile and wants to start pushing the limits a little bit.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:20 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

/JRanger to this, due to it potentially allowing "botting". Only one auto-power at a time please. I'm all for letting players play the way they want to, but I don't want to the game to play itself for people, might as well fire up ProgressQuest. That being said, I would NOT be opposed to having a "click power bucket tray" that can NOT be set to auto, where you drag and drop your click powers that provide self-buffs, and you can click a single button to activate them all at the same time. That, I'd be fine with.

You already missed that boat. People AFK farm in AE as things stand right now. Adding another auto power would only make it a bit quicker.

• Like 1

Here is how I configure bind files to auto any number of powers I want. I have done it successfully with up to three powers so far on my dark trollers (hasten, fade and clarion). As long as you move or use your abilities you will cycle through the auto selection change. You just need to create the files (I use a binds directory) and then manually load one of the files are you will be set.

B1.txt

w "+forward$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
a "+left$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
s "+backward$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
d "+right$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
q "+turnleft$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
e "+turnright$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
0 "powexecslot 10$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
1 "powexecslot 1$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
2 "powexecslot 2$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
3 "powexecslot 3$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
4 "powexecslot 4$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
5 "powexecslot 5$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
6 "powexecslot 6$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
7 "powexecslot 7$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
8 "powexecslot 8$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"
9 "powexecslot 9$$powexecauto hasten$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B2.txt"

B2.txt

w "+forward$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
a "+left$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
s "+backward$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
d "+right$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
q "+turnleft$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
e "+turnright$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
0 "powexecslot 10$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
1 "powexecslot 1$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
2 "powexecslot 2$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
3 "powexecslot 3$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
4 "powexecslot 4$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
5 "powexecslot 5$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
6 "powexecslot 6$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
7 "powexecslot 7$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
8 "powexecslot 8$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"
9 "powexecslot 9$$powexecauto Clarion Core Epiphany$$bindloadfilesilent .\binds\B1.txt"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

So here is my bind to get any power you want tied to the forward key W.

/bind W "+forward$$powexec_tray 9 9"

Just put whatever power you want to "auto on forward movement" to tray 9 slot 9

This way you can easily change what power is tied to W if you should need/want to

One use I have for it is the Support Radial Incarnate power

• Like 1