2 Auto powers

Tankshock

hell no.  Stop making the player base lazy with these suggestions.  If you don't like game play, this game might not be for you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, look at the wanna be dominant Edgelord Hall Monitor!

We are all sooo impressed with your outlook, do tell us more of your infinite wisdom!

So I tried doing the multiple bind file thing and swapping auto powers. I actually didn't like it. I think I prefer having control. It's not so bad with Practiced Brawler since its duration more or less matches its cooldown, but I'd rather manually trigger Focus Chi and Hasten than run the risk of them being down when I really need them.

So I tried doing the multiple bind file thing and swapping auto powers. I actually didn't like it. I think I prefer having control. It's not so bad with Practiced Brawler since its duration more or less matches its cooldown, but I'd rather manually trigger Focus Chi and Hasten than run the risk of them being down when I really need them.

I came to the same conclusion really.

Tried a number of things.

For me the bottom line is that at most, I have 3 powers I want on auto, typically only 1 and occasionally 2, so I just click 'em.

Sometimes, I enter an instance w/o Domination or whatever, it's not the end of the world.

Manual gives more flexibility sometimes as well.

There might be a way to bind activation to your forward movement key? As long as you move around often it would fire it very soon after it becomes available?

Having just started a shield scrapper I understand the issue. Of course my Main is a warshade so I need to get out of form to let Hasten activate, even on auto.

There might be a way to bind activation to your forward movement key? As long as you move around often it would fire it very soon after it becomes available?

Having just started a shield scrapper I understand the issue. Of course my Main is a warshade so I need to get out of form to let Hasten activate, even on auto.

You can absolutely do that...have an example you want to see happen?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

For my Shield Scrapper I bind 'R' to build up and Shift+R to Hasten with Active Defenses on auto fire. May not work for everyone, but I like it.

My SD/SS Tanker has a similar issue, with three wanna-be-auto-powers: Rage, Hasten and Active Defense. After trying all manner of single key binds that failed, I now auto Rage, and use two thumb mouse buttons for Hasten and AD. It works, but it's not ideal. I do neglect the latter two sometimes - which can be annoying in the middle of a long fight forgetting to refresh AD, and I get mezzed.

I'd love to see many or all affect-self powers able to be autoed. I don't see any reason why that would detract from gameplay. Removing these clicks is QoL not easy mode.

Yeah, I'd like to activate Active Defense (shields click mezz protection/ whenever I move forward (W) and ideally without spam in the chat window telling me it's not recharged for example.

Yeah, I'd like to activate Active Defense (shields click mezz protection/ whenever I move forward (W) and ideally without spam in the chat window telling me it's not recharged for example.

If it exists, I don't know of a way to do it w/o spamming the combat chat channel.  Of course I almost never look there myself, but if you do, then yes, this would not be the bind for you

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You can right-click in the chat window and select "Edit Tab" then remove the line that says "Error Messages" from the list of displayed messages.

t it's not ideal. I do neglect the latter two sometimes - which can be annoying in the middle of a long fight forgetting to refresh AD, and I get mezzed.

It sucks doesn't it? At least with the amount of recharge I'm building in, AD will be recharge well befoe it's out, so it gives me some time to notice and click it. Since my main is a tri-form warshade I do have more experience watching recharge powers in thee tray since au powers eill not trigger till you switch back to human.

Is there a way to edit the sound file so that recharging powers don't "whomp-whomp" when you click on them?  The "+forward$$powexec" bind works great, but that sound is annoying as heck.

This thread shows how to modify in-game sounds: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3642.0.html You might find a way to silence or reduce the volume, or replace it with another sound.

hell no.  Stop making the player base lazy with these suggestions.  If you don't like game play, this game might not be for you.

Lazy? My keyboard and mouse are currently loaded to cycle through my attack rotation for my lvl 50 characters. Them adding two auto toggle powers would help those that don't want to spend 100 dollars for fully programmable mouse and keyboard combo.

Computer components have moved way past having to manually hit the same 5 keys 100 times in a battle.

The answer is the command /bindload_file <filename>.

So, for the Flares / Icepatch example ... you have two separate files, each with a single line:

• numpad1 powexec_name Ice Patch $$bindload_file c:\coxbinds\>charactername>\flare.txt
  • numpad1 powexec_name Flare $$bindload_file c:\coxbinds\>charactername>\patch.txt

Hit the 1 on your numberpad, Ice Patch goes off ... and a keybind file is loaded, over-writing the bind for that key.

Hit it again, and Flare goes off ... and the first keybind file is re-loaded, over-writing the bind for that key.

:)

Beautiful

/JRanger to this, due to it potentially allowing "botting". Only one auto-power at a time please. I'm all for letting players play the way they want to, but I don't want to the game to play itself for people, might as well fire up ProgressQuest. That being said, I would NOT be opposed to having a "click power bucket tray" that can NOT be set to auto, where you drag and drop your click powers that provide self-buffs, and you can click a single button to activate them all at the same time. That, I'd be fine with.

• Confused 1
I'm out.

/JRanger to this, due to it potentially allowing "botting". Only one auto-power at a time please. I'm all for letting players play the way they want to, but I don't want to the game to play itself for people, might as well fire up ProgressQuest. That being said, I would NOT be opposed to having a "click power bucket tray" that can NOT be set to auto, where you drag and drop your click powers that provide self-buffs, and you can click a single button to activate them all at the same time. That, I'd be fine with.

Right, similar to what I suggested. I'd be okay with any number of auto-click powers that were self-affecting only. And then one non-self auto-click power, like an attack.

However, I also think that the desire to auto-click self-affecting powers probably should be taken as a hint that at least some of those powers should be revisited as autos or toggles.

• 1 year later

I used to know all the binding commands and what not but since coming back all that info is lost like tears in rain.

If I wanted to bind a Hasten trigger to WASD  what would be the best/simplest way?  I'm not looking to bot, I'm just lazy and forgetful, the movement key solution would be perfect for me I think.

29 minutes ago, Adagio_InDminor said:

I used to know all the binding commands and what not but since coming back all that info is lost like tears in rain.

If I wanted to bind a Hasten trigger to WASD  what would be the best/simplest way?  I'm not looking to bot, I'm just lazy and forgetful, the movement key solution would be perfect for me I think.

You should look at this thread for some insight to make that happen: