Vanity level

So... my main, cloned from my main on Live, is one kitty-whisker from 50 (5000 XP). It's a long story why, but this will be my first 50 in the after-life. My regular teammate is unavailable for some time.

What's the easiest way to get that 5000 push-over while in the middle of the admiring Atlas Park throngs, this evening? I was trying to end up with a mission that had a big completion bonus, but failed.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

17 minutes ago, Hedgefund2 said:

5,000 XP should be easily attained with a mission complete bonus.  A lvl 50 gets 34k XP at +0 difficulty.  If you want to get your level up right in front of Ms. Liberty you could pump your diff to +4 and autocomplete... anything.

Ooh! Perfect! I have an EB mission I'll be happy to blow off. Thx.

Fireworks at... oh, 1800 Mountain Time, Atlas Park, Excelsior, if anyone's not doing anything better.

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 minute ago, biostem said:

One level 50 enemy should net you 5000 XP easily.  You could go to Dark Astoria and knock out a couple enemies for that amount...

It sounds like he wants to do it in front of Miss Liberty,

Wait... that didn't sound right.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, ZemX said:

It sounds like he wants to do it in front of Miss Liberty,

Then he'd have to get a mission that doesn't complete within the instance, and doesn't involve having to defeat any enemies.  If the OP doesn't have all the exploration badges in AP, those give some XP, which might do the trick.  Is it possible to get a giant monster to spawn in AP?  Could fight them in front of the general area of Ms. Liberty...

Just now, biostem said:

Is it possible to get a giant monster to spawn in AP?  Could fight them in front of the general area of Ms. Liberty...

The suggestion was to autocomplete a mission while standing in Atlas park.    Seems like it should work.

I don't know if you can get a GM to spawn (unless a GM or seasonal event does it) in Atlas Park.  Missions that spawn GMs like the one in Synapse TF (Babbage) and Crimson's Arc (Kronos Titan) should spawn that GM in the zone you exit the mission into, so you could hypothetically exit to Atlas park from inside the mission via LRT.  But I've heard that doesn't work with some zones like Ouroboros and Atlas Park.

Plus, the idea sounds like a TV show plot.  Aspiring hero concocts ill-advised plan to make himself look like a superstar in front of admiring throngs in Atlas Park.  It all goes sideways when the monster lured for the fight smashes buildings, topples the Atlas statue, and kills innocent bystanders.  The show's actual heroes need to swoop in and save the day.

@Shenanigunner ends up in the Zig.   Credits roll.

41 minutes ago, biostem said:

Is it possible to get a giant monster to spawn in AP?

No it's not. Certain zones like Atlas, Mercy, Pocket D, Ouros are coded to prevent a giant monster from spawning in due to mission complete.

That said someone with elevated rights could spawn one in if that sort of thing was allowed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

@Shenanigunner ends up in the Zig.   Credits roll.

Been there, done that, broke out.

I know, I know, the whole thing is shamelessly Hey Lookit Meeee! But, I don't ask much in this game. Just because alla youse guys roll over a 50 a week doesn't mean this casual, mostly solo player doesn't find it a thrill. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

<looks around, scratches spandex butt, nods> So. This is 50. Huh.

Now, the fastest way to incarnate (for me) is to run a kill most ITF (or three!)  This will open up Incarnate slots. As you hit Vet levels divisible by 3 you will get a ton of incarnate threads (not in AE!) So after knocking out an ITF or 3 you can jump into some incarnate content like BAF or such with at least your alpha slot up and going.

in Ouro the Burdens of the Past from Heather Townsehend offers incarnate salvage after every complete, with a decent shot at rares and very rares.  Once you get it down it should take 15-20 min per run.  easy money.  Almost any vet in game will show you how, it is odd the first time or two.

Good luck cape.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Wait what? No more gettin 50 vet lvls in AE?

you can get them but man do you get screwed lol  i think ITF kill mosts are the most effective timewise for me.  but i only run a few when i first 50 to open incarnate slots

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/14/2023 at 3:47 PM, Shenanigunner said:

Just because alla youse guys roll over a 50 a week doesn't mean this casual, mostly solo player doesn't find it a thrill. 🙂

...or ding 50 on a PI radio team, turn off *all* powers and jog (remember, you turned Sprint off, right?) back to Ms. Lib.  When AP is packed.  Watch the noobs watch a 50 jog up to Ms. Lib and train.  That's my method (carryover from Live).

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

28 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

...or ding 50 on a PI radio team, turn off *all* powers and jog (remember, you turned Sprint off, right?) back to Ms. Lib.  When AP is packed.  Watch the noobs watch a 50 jog up to Ms. Lib and train.  That's my method (carryover from Live).

Sort of the reverse of taking an alt with zero XP all the way to Portal Plaza, back in the days when it was hard...

I believe from memory that at level 50 badges give 1000xp

You could (if you don't already have it) grab some badges from other zones and then for the last badge get Top Dog on the top of the Atlas Globe allowing your ding to shower down on Ms Liberty from a great height

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.