How can the Brickstown event be fixed?

Comparing the Brickstown and St. martial events.

First part of each is outside,  targets are stationary. Prisoners sometimes run off and don't return, longbow remains where they are.

Second part: St Martial is indoors,  Brickstown is outside with Freakshow swarming the scene, some times the Freakshow tend to disappear when they run off.

Third part: both are outside and targets remain in the area.

So it feels like part of the problem is the running away of targets and that the second wave of Brickstown is outside.

So ideas that i thought of are:

1. Once the event is active, whether any players are present or not, an auto reset timer of say 5 to 10 minutes is active so that no matter what the event resets. Similar to Neutropolis event as I recall

2. Force field barriers are active to contain the Prisoners and Freakshow to the event area

3. Rebuild the event so that after the first wave,  players must enter the prison to contain the rioters.  Upon entry there are Freakshow there looking to pillage and plunder and recruit prisoners, defeat them and any prisoners in the area, then the third wave spawns it is also inside and has the super powered prisoner bosses and their guards.    Upon completion you are warped back outside just like after the Neutropolis event ends.

So basically with #3 you defeat the escapees outside and thus push the riot back into the prison and then work to contain the riot and shut it down.

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

Yeah. i've suggested a "force field barrier" (which would also nicely delineate just where they "count" if you kill a runner) for the Zig event. I've sometimes managed to find some and drag them back into the area, but they're not always available.

Just setting an auto-reset timer would be helpful. 30 minutes from when anyone starts it, say. So if there's a runner, we're not just screwed.

#3 wouldn't be bad either - we already have "inside the Zig" maps that are in use Redside. I don't know how much work it would be to implement - the timer's probably the easiest of all of it - but it'd change it up nicely.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

"Force field barrier" makes sense from the technical standpoint, but story-wise, why would they be breaking out if it is only to a force field?  Wouldn't they try for a direction where there was not a force field?  Would you think it might work if we had an invisible barrier, but delineated it somehow on the ground, like say, an additional perimeter of cop cars and/or barricades (presumably put up in haste by the answering officers),  or possibly even some sort of line on the ground, clear to the player, but still made to look a bit like part of the setting?

Contrary to what I just said, I could see emergency, temporary force field barriers erected,  Perhaps something energy system emanating from a police vehicle that looks a bit like the Active Denial System (below).  That way, you get the story idea that it is temporary, and the villains are fighting towards the vehicles to defeat the system, all while the technical barrier does its job.

sci_fi_weapons_3a.jpg

• Like 1

Reducing the required number to defeat while leaving the spawn size the same could prevent the majority of problems in the event.  Thats assuming something else doesnt break because of it,  though.  If it works,  it would be a quick temporary solution while a more permanent fix is on the waiting list.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:37 AM, Voltor said:

Once the event is active, whether any players are present or not, an auto reset timer of say 5 to 10 minutes is active so that no matter what the event resets. Similar to Neutropolis event as I recall

Simple is good. I think this is the best option (though with slightly more time to wiggle with. 30 minutes?)

After all, it's a prison break. They're not gonna hang around all day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Techwright said:

"Force field barrier" makes sense from the technical standpoint, but story-wise, why would they be breaking out if it is only to a force field?  Wouldn't they try for a direction where there was not a force field?  Would you think it might work if we had an invisible barrier, but delineated it somehow on the ground, like say, an additional perimeter of cop cars and/or barricades (presumably put up in haste by the answering officers),  or possibly even some sort of line on the ground, clear to the player, but still made to look a bit like part of the setting?

Contrary to what I just said, I could see emergency, temporary force field barriers erected,  Perhaps something energy system emanating from a police vehicle that looks a bit like the Active Denial System (below).  That way, you get the story idea that it is temporary, and the villains are fighting towards the vehicles to defeat the system, all while the technical barrier does its job.

sci_fi_weapons_3a.jpg

The cops activate the barrier that is holding in the prisoners where they have spawned.  As the cops get defeated and their vehicles destroyed then the field drops. However the prisoners should be wiped out before that happens,  the Freakshow would tear up the cops.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 alts with all the badges!

On 5/6/2023 at 8:37 PM, Voltor said:

super powered prisoner bosses and their guards.

Brickstown does lack a giant monster.

Maybe an AV (or two) and some EBs mixed in with the prison escapees in the open-world would suffice?

Perhaps moving toward one of the exits to another zone through the roadways through the warwalls with a group(s) of prisoners following them?? 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.