Suggestions for sg bases....

Smaller versions of most of the available statues would be nice. As for the hologram though? I've been wanting that too, but it works by loading the currently active costume of the mission holder. In a SG base, how would that work?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

Smaller versions of most of the available statues would be nice. As for the hologram though? I've been wanting that too, but it works by loading the currently active costume of the mission holder. In a SG base, how would that work?

I think in that case it would load the first char who create the sg.

3 hours ago, captainstar said:

I think in that case it would load the first char who create the sg.

Which costume of that character? What if that costume gets changed? What if that character isn't part of the SG any more or if the individual who created the SG and made the base wants a hologram like that but not of them? These are all questions that need to be addressed.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Which costume of that character? What if that costume gets changed? What if that character isn't part of the SG any more or if the individual who created the SG and made the base wants a hologram like that but not of them? These are all questions that need to be addressed.

Probably the one he/she using while making the sg. And if the leader is out the sg,  just delete the hologram and the next one will show the character who have the leadership of the sg. 

Maybe it could work the same way SG Emblems work. You pick one, and any item with an emblem uses what ever you picked. Then if you change the selected emblem (or in this case, costume) all new items you place will use the new choice, but the old ones won't change.

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

12 minutes ago, captainstar said:

Probably the one he/she using while making the sg. And if the leader is out the sg,  just delete the hologram and the next one will show the character who have the leadership of the sg. 

That still doesn't answer what if the SG founder or base designer doesn't want to use a hologram of themselves. What if they want to use a hologram of say Manticore? Or another character we can't duplicate as PCs? Maybe its a BP SG and looking for an Adamastor hologram.

Though sticking with using the current SG base designer, which may not necessarily be the founder considering how often a player will ask someone else to design their base for them, maybe have 20 different versions. The first 10 are of your current character linked to each of the 10 possible costume slots. The next 10 are the current SG leader.

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

That still doesn't answer what if the SG founder or base designer doesn't want to use a hologram of themselves. What if they want to use a hologram of say Manticore? Or another character we can't duplicate as PCs? Maybe its a BP SG and looking for an Adamastor hologram.

Though sticking with using the current SG base designer, which may not necessarily be the founder considering how often a player will ask someone else to design their base for them, maybe have 20 different versions. The first 10 are of your current character linked to each of the 10 possible costume slots. The next 10 are the current SG leader.

That's up to the devs think about it, I'm just giving a suggestion... 😃 

15 hours ago, captainstar said:

A smaller version of that Statesman statue to put in a small base like mine.

So like 6" action figures of the whole Freedom Phalanx? (maybe all the "signature" characters? Gotta Catch'em All!)

How much "smaller" are we talking?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, captainstar said:

If it is based on the SG leader, then I'm assuming that it would have to pull that data from the SG registry. 

If it is going to pull it from there, why not just have it to default to whoever is the SG leader each time the base is entered?

That way it wouldn't have to be updated and would always remain current.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

So like 6" action figures of the whole Freedom Phalanx? (maybe all the "signature" characters? Gotta Catch'em All!)

How much "smaller" are we talking?

The size of a "real" characters of the game, I think.

I think it would likely be easier if it simply load the current costume of whoever placed that statue. All the data for the layout of the SG based is saved somewhere, why not the costume data for 'Hologram Statue 1' at time of placement. The same goes for any subsequent placements, then you could have multiple statues each of different heroes/villains.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

8 hours ago, captainstar said:

The size of a "real" characters of the game, I think.

And you want them as stone statues or with full color costumes?

On 5/8/2023 at 12:35 PM, captainstar said:

A smaller version of that Statesman statue to put in a small base like mine.

And I know there is a mish that makes one hologram of the leader of the team, at the end of it.

So I want that to put in our baes too. 😃

Just for reference, the holographic statue is in Number 6's arc in the RWZ.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 5/9/2023 at 3:55 AM, UltraAlt said:

... you know, I can think of some characters who would *definitely* have this in their rooms/offices (and not just kids.) Yeah, kind of small - figure those would be about the size of the table napkin dispenser - but they'd still be big enough to see and recognize.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, captainstar said:

Up to the devs, but I think the stone version makes more sense.

Well, your suggestion is up to you.

What finds its way into the game is up to the Devs.