Best AT for powergaming.

Snarky

This whole thread is my opinion and conjecture.  I mostly play regular content on PUGs with 50+4 being comfortable for my 50s.  i have run some 2 star stuff but do it just for the badges.  Not a fan.  I am almost a carry in a 4 star, though I try.  And I have not tried much lol.

Certain ATs and playstyles are just more efficient in the modern game.  A 7 person team of one Tank and 7 random Corruptors could clear faster than almost anything else, in my opinion.  I do not believe mixing Blasters with Controllers and Defenders equals out.  Corruptors are just the bomb.  But I do not enjoy the playstyle.

My favorite Corruptor is a Dark Dark. I have basically two "phases" that synergize with Corruptor Scourge. 1) set them up, debuff.  Tar patch, fear, to hit debuff.  Really screw with the targets.  2) Burn.  I have an Ice Cold which is powerful but I miss a hard hitting Nuke.  

My favorite current playstyle is a ranged Blaster.  I have a Beam Temporal that I ran in endless Master of Incarnate Trials.  It is probably more effective at high end content than my new love.  AR Devices.  With the changes to AR this is now a viable option to me.  Better on trash mobs than Beam, With munitions getting a little debuff back.  I love the toys, theme, and the mini strategy of caltrops, mines, gun drone, etc.  

My new "main" is a Dark Dark Stalker.  This is the hardest hitting melee ST I have run.  Insanely powerful.  Melee is no longer my preferred playstyle.  I do not enjoy Dark Dark on any non melee toon very much though.  So my Vampire meme will be badging the year away on this one trick wonder.

I am dusting off a Invulnerable Dark Tank and keeping them in the batters box ready if someone needs a heavy for a team.  To me this is the ultimate Tank.  (although Ice Ice has insane agro control, to me Invulnerable is just Tankier)

But though my three "go to" toons are not what I consider the "best" AT for powergaming all three bring great playability to high end teams.

What are your favorite toons and thoughts on how to be effective?

• Like 1

I've run hard mode content stuff with all-tank teams, all-blaster, all-corrupter, and all-defender.  Tank is funny, safe, slow.  Blasters are a capital-G-Grind.  Corrupters and Defenders tied for the best as they are fast, safe, and fun.  Soloing, I usually choose a blaster or scrapper, but in hard team content, corrupters and defenders are always the best because they make everyone else on the team better.  Best makeups are 1 of everything.  I love my fire/kin corrupter and dark/ice defender the most, but stay flexible to fill whatever need the team has.  Deaths?  A defender's power boosted Vengeance gives 65% boost to all defense.  Last longer than Barrier!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

21 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

There's no mention of a gaming chair in the original post, which leads me to believe you truly don't want to be the most l33t gamer! 😎

My setup.  I have now mounted the TV monitor on the wall. (difficult task....) and sit in one of the legs kicked under you stools for posture.  

image.thumb.jpeg.7c2dc27c9db8a4eb98ddfd0d16e29006.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Doesn't this depend on your goals? Powergaming is more about specializing to the extreme in a playstyle. The best AT for hardmodes is not the best for farming, nor for doing non-hardmode content. Play whatever you like, that is more important.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh man, I can hardly keep a straight face. Obviously the answer is Tanker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

My setup.  I have now mounted the TV monitor on the wall. (difficult task....) and sit in one of the legs kicked under you stools for posture.  

Sweet, this is my setup a year ago. I've since added a third monitor and upgraded to an Xbox Series X. Doors make great desk tops.

Screenshot_20230511_204022_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2e11b140bd0a74582acfffb0c00a8f54.jpg

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

11 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Sweet, this is my setup a year ago. I've since added a third monitor and upgraded to an Xbox Series X. Doors make great desk tops.

I went to Ikea and got two "tables" the glass with hex patterns.  They came with small double sawhorses.  Those you seein the picture. I went to HomeDepot and got some wood and made a couple open cabinets underneath for paper and comps.  The long return is 4 pieces of hard wood just laid flat to hold the weight.  I construct a lot of stuff like this.  Not high quality or "finished" but task oriented and exactly what I want.  Stores never have what I want.  So I just make my own.

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

I went to Ikea and got two "tables" the glass with hex patterns.  They came with small double sawhorses.  Those you seein the picture. I went to HomeDepot and got some wood and made a couple open cabinets underneath for paper and comps.  The long return is 4 pieces of hard wood just laid flat to hold the weight.  I construct a lot of stuff like this.  Not high quality or "finished" but task oriented and exactly what I want.  Stores never have what I want.  So I just make my own.

I rebuilt my couch and desk last year and put in a new computer.  Dual monitor.  There's some stuff I'll probably change around later this year, but the desk, couch, etc... were all built from scavenged wood.   I'm also in a tiny house, so space is limited.

On the original question, I just don't know.   Depends on what I'm powering thru, though I play tankers a lot lately, if I'm blowing thru stuff, my blasters or scrappers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Even though they say that you can run CoH on a potato, I have been unable to play this game without some sort of electric power, either AC or battery operated.  So I guess powergaming works with every AT.

You must be doing it wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Snarky said:

That's two machines isn't it?  Do you get as annoyed as I do that the mouse doesn't understand you're trying to drag the window/icon/file from one machine to the other?

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

9 hours ago, lemming said:

I rebuilt my couch and desk last year and put in a new computer.  Dual monitor.  There's some stuff I'll probably change around later this year, but the desk, couch, etc... were all built from scavenged wood. 

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

11 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Doors make great desk tops.

I have a desk from Ikea. I'm bougie that way.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Snarky said:

That is an impressively well-lit and clean Crypt you have there Snarky. I am genuinely surprised. I expected more Bats and Cobwebs. Is that a pinball machine I see in the corner?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

That's two machines isn't it?  Do you get as annoyed as I do that the mouse doesn't understand you're trying to drag the window/icon/file from one machine to the other?

sometimes.  But for the times I alt acct PL myself or use Discord it is truly easy.

1 hour ago, Neiska said:

That is an impressively well-lit and clean Crypt you have there Snarky. I am genuinely surprised. I expected more Bats and Cobwebs. Is that a pinball machine I see in the corner?

I have added some red silk roses and skulls here and there.  But after the maid goes through most of the body fluids and crypt dust is gone.

• Haha 3