Cigar option in CC? Where is it?

Force Redux

Hi folks.

I wanted to add a cigar to my hard-bitten, rough n' tumble mercenary, but I cannot find it in the CC (this is a level 50 character). I thought it was under Detail 2, but no luck. Current head option is Head>Hats. Thanks for any direction/help. 🙂

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

1 hour ago, Force Redux said:

Oddly enough, I thought it existed before the gunslinger stuff was added... 🙂

It did, and it still does.  It actually is under Detail 2, near the end of the list (8th from the bottom).  Not the best looking stogie, maybe, but it's still a stogie.

1134146590_RandomCigarMan.thumb.png.58be587efd0ea60c68db0308d4f9bfbb.png

Ironically enough, though, I can't find Gunslinger 03 anywhere...

• Thanks 1

If I'm remembering right, the cigar has been in there since day 1 (or at least, the point when I started playing, around issue 3 or 4). The cigarette was part of the Gunslinger add-on pack that was added after the transition to CoH Freedom.

• Like 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades | Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival | The Bee | Blackbelt | Citizen Arcane | Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs | Diamant | Freak Accident | Galactrix | Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery | Highway Star | The Howl | Inter-Galactica | Ion Maiden | Knockout Artist | Krakatoa | Night's Templar | The Pact | Paroled McDonald | Virtual Boy | Volcaniac | White Widow | Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

In case anyone was wondering, I checked and the Cigar option (and others, like The Plate) do not exist for female characters, only male/huge body types, so cigarette it is...no cigars for female characters! I wonder what Freud would make of this?

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Ooohhh it's a female character! Yeah, no cigar for the ladies. For... reasons? I don't know why. But it's been that way forever.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades | Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival | The Bee | Blackbelt | Citizen Arcane | Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs | Diamant | Freak Accident | Galactrix | Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery | Highway Star | The Howl | Inter-Galactica | Ion Maiden | Knockout Artist | Krakatoa | Night's Templar | The Pact | Paroled McDonald | Virtual Boy | Volcaniac | White Widow | Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I also think, (though I could be completely wrong, here), that the original cigar was intentionally a bit comical looking in order to keep the base teen rating, while the gunslinger one was added at a point where the game was well past the point where it would have to be submitted to the ESRB rating process.

8 hours ago, biostem said:

I also think, (though I could be completely wrong, here), that the original cigar was intentionally a bit comical looking in order to keep the base teen rating, while the gunslinger one was added at a point where the game was well past the point where it would have to be submitted to the ESRB rating process.

The base one looks like the kind that you light and it explodes.

59 minutes ago, lintboy said:

I forget the name of the aura, but it looks like breath coming out the mouth, if you tint it right, it looks like your toon is exhaling smoke. I have done that on several toons with cigars.

Yep, it's under the Beastly Rage aura - breath. I like using it for cold based toons as well.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>