Who is Little League?

Ironblade

Saw this in the patch notes for today:

• The Council Supersoldier and Little League have had their power toolkit updated to work FOR them instead of against them.
  • Little League also has unlocked his Line Drive, a ranged baseball throw for pesky flying supers.

What arc or mission is Little League in?  I don't recall seeing them.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Did someone abuse the time machine and got back the Birthday of the Chief Petty Officer (aka April 1st)?  Asking for a future boy.

Of course now I am curious

Edited by High_Beam
Added curiosity.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Little League is the jr. superhero sidekick of Major League. Little League has a nice 4 seam fastball and a his line drive, which the notes got it wrong he pops the ball up into the air and hits the ball as a line drive at his targets. He also has a sustain piwer called Big League Chew.

Major League is like Little League but also can throw a Knuckleball and has Called Shot, where he can hit a ball into targeted areas of his enemies, so hopefully they are wearing cups. Additionally instead of Big League Chew, his sustain power is called Kodiak Wintergreen, it gives him more energy than Little League but has a minor self damage dot.

• Like 1

Brayden Doggett was just an average middle-class working fellow, coaching baseball on behalf of his late brother-in-law Steve. He owed it to his sister to stand in as a father figure to his nephew, and took up the job of coach to fulfill that promise and be a good role model to Bobby. Fate had other plans, though, and on the drive home from dropping Bobby off, he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into the back of a tanker truck outside of Steel Canyon. To this day nobody has been able to determine what was in the tanker truck, despite multiple investigations. The results are unmistakable, however - Brayden now has the reaction speed of a cat and the strength of a bear. He joined the Hero Corps to show Bobby that great power should not be hidden, and now fights crime to set a good example.

Source: https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=herocorps_little_league

Presumably this is the not-yet-updated list of powers though prior to the patch.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Little League also has unlocked his Line Drive, a ranged baseball throw for pesky flying supers.

If this is a throw shouldn't it be called something like Fast Ball instead?  Or... oooh... even better, Wild Pitch!  Or Knuckle Ball!

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, ZemX said:

If this is a throw shouldn't it be called something like Fast Ball instead?  Or... oooh... even better, Wild Pitch!  Or Knuckle Ball!

I agree, even though my previous reply was satirical, a line drive is definitely not a pitch. Makes me miss playing baseball. But I can always drink and complain about the Twins being barely above 500 but somehow on top of the AL Central.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

But I can always drink and complain about the Twins being barely above 500 but somehow on top of the AL Central.

Drinking and complaining IS baseball isn't it?

-Signed, A Cubs fan.

9 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Where is this Little League encountered, and on which of the three sides?

Is he maybe in one of the new vigilante/rogue arcs?  I haven't run them yet myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Is he maybe in one of the new vigilante/rogue arcs?  I haven't run them yet myself.

I think so, I was on a team that rolled over a group and then noticed that they weren't standard mob bodies...

• Haha 1

They're in the new 40-44 arc, for rogues, and are in the Riot in Talos Mission. The costume is 👌

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

• 1 month later

Ah, shoot. Just ran this arc and totally missed the Hero Corps bosses. I was curious to see Little League as I have had Big League going back to Live (though he was Big Leaguer then). On Homecoming, I won a costume/bio contest and one of the other participants liked BL so much he made Little League as a sidekick. I didn't really have the heart to explain that my altitis probably meant we wouldn't hang out that much but we did stand around Atlas for a bit that one day.

When I saw Little League in the patch notes as a Hero Corp boss, I thought that maybe that guy had submitted him in that Hero Corps thread but I didn't see him there. Now I have to run that arc again!

(If anyone wonders, BL's Juice Boost is the Adrenal Boost and the Corrosive Curveball is Corrosive Vial. It isn't my most efficient build but I dig BL!))

bl.jpg.aede242864f16b32dd883352e4282a46.jpg

Edited by Attache
Grammar is hard
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Attache on Everlasting (Formely Virtue and Pinnacle)

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter ||  Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

My baseball-themed toon was named Babe Gibson. Swung dat bat and yelled Batter Up!

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 5/16/2023 at 2:25 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

I agree, even though my previous reply was satirical, a line drive is definitely not a pitch. Makes me miss playing baseball. But I can always drink and complain about the Twins being barely above 500 but somehow on top of the AL Central.

They managed to speed the games up, but have made base stealing efficiency laughable with the limited pickoff throws. And pitchers tapping out after 5-6 IP is just weak. Throw gas couple times through the order, and you’re gone. Don’t bother developing additional pitches or strategies. Batters? Swing for the fences. Every time. Because it’s fun when you don’t put the ball in play.:-/

(don’t get me started on basketball, either-bombs away from 3-land, even though you’re not Steph Curry) 

(yes…modern sports is all over my lawn):-)

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

17 hours ago, Attache said:

bl.jpg.aede242864f16b32dd883352e4282a46.jpg

I feel dumb.  I've had a very similar baseball outfit on my fire brute, Heat Hitter, since the original game, but it never occurred to me to sport a catcher's vest to the ensemble.  Instead, he's been sporting the flame icon like a team logo icon.  This opens the door for a second costume!  👍

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/2/2023 at 9:31 PM, cranebump said:

(don’t get me started on basketball, either-bombs away from 3-land, even though you’re not Steph Curry) 

And don't forget, foul your opponent as strategy because they suck at free throw shooting and therefore improves your chances.  Breaking a rule to win is cheating.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

And don't forget, foul your opponent as strategy because they suck at free throw shooting and therefore improves your chances.  Breaking a rule to win is cheating.

Aka, this is why Ben Simmons's career has imploded.