Do you turn of XP at level 50?

I just dinged 50 on my first Character (ice/ice/ice Sentinel) since live.  (yea!)   

Now that I hit 50, should I turn of XP? I read somewhere that on Homecoming turning off XP at 50 no longer gives you double INF; is this still true?

I ran a small test last night, and I turned XP off.  I seemed to still earn Incarnate XP but did not appear to earn more INF but it was based on a limited sample size. 

If so, how do characters earn the uber-INF I hear about that comes after hitting 50? Is it just running TFs all the time? Thanks (and its nice to be in the 50 club again)

And what are the first few things you do when you hit 50? I would love to hear...

Yes, no double INF anymore.   There's no reason to turn off XP since vet levels earn you Incarnate threads and Empyrian merits to be used making Incarnate powers.  Incarnate XP just unlocks the Incarnate equip slots.  You still want to be earning regular XP and getting those vet levels.

People talk about earning the big inf at 50 because, first of all, the inf rewards are always scaled to level 50 even if you are exemplared to lower level running a TF or something.   But secondly, because most people ran 2XP + No inf up to 50, so the amount of inf you earn at 50 just seems that much higher.   Also if you are doing level 50 content, the drops sell pretty well too.  Common IO recipes are a good chunk of change.  

Running the ITF on a kill most team is very good inf.  Also fast at unlocking Incarnate slots, although I still like to run Mender Ramiel's arc first thing as the intro to incarnates. 

So let's see..

1. Mender Ramiel (optional).

2. Catalyze my non-superior Winter and AT IOs to the superior version of each.

3. Profit.

Some people don't even slot IOs til 50, but I do.  So it's not on my list.  By the time I hit 50, I have pretty much all the IOs I planned to have and catalyzing some are all that is left.  Other than this, all I do is play as I was playing before and as I earn materials for Incarnate powers, I make and slot them, putting priority on getting to Tier 3 in Alpha and then Tier 3 in Lore and Destiny and these three are the Incarnate level shifts.

Edited by ZemX
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations on your 50!

I would recommend keeping XP on through vet level 99 so you get all the empyrean drops and other rewards every 3 vet levels for that character. If you end up with more emps than you need, you can email them to other characters on your account. You can also convert 50 emps to a transcendent at an ATM and email that to your account to use on another character. I turned off my XP at vet level 666 last year for the month of October and had fun with that, but otherwise I leave it on to better document how I tend to play the same character all the time and really haven't had an original thought since about 1988.

There are a lot of money making ideas out there. One suggestion is to participate in one of the daily Hami raids and select Reward Merits for each of the three runs they do. You can convert those at an ATM to enhancement converters and usually get 70k each, netting you about 20 million per day. I'll let you research other ideas, but you also just have some players who play a lot and accumulate wealth simply from that.

• Like 1

I just realized I forgot about Purple IO sets.  Can't be slotted until 50.  So if my build plan has any of those, I do have to wait to 50 to slot them.  So that's in there at step..hmm... 2.5!

On 5/16/2023 at 12:23 PM, Redzone008 said:

Now that I hit 50, should I turn of XP?

I turn mine off at 49.

On 5/16/2023 at 12:23 PM, Redzone008 said:

If so, how do characters earn the uber-INF I hear about that comes after hitting 50?

I have characters making bank as soon as they are created.

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

The big money comes when you start working the Auction House.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Money in this game comes from playing the auction house and farming. If you neither marketeer, nor farm, you will be at an economic disadvantage versus other players. Merit-giving activities are significantly less profitable and inherently less scaleable than marketeering and farming, and are further gated by reward lockouts, though people try to downplay the difference for various reasons, such as wanting to discourage new players from powerleveling.

On 5/18/2023 at 6:04 PM, Zect said:

Money in this game comes from playing the auction house and farming. If you neither marketeer, nor farm, you will be at an economic disadvantage versus other players.

... which, honestly, doesn't matter. It's not like we have gear that wears out and needs  continual repair, or have to pay to level (a *serious* annoyance in some other games.) Once you get the character where you like it, all you have to do is play. *shrug*

(And yes, I'm saying that as someone with a bunch of alts to feed.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Only on Sunni ( my zen-mode fire farmer) and only once she reached vet level 99.

I did that so that at least one farmer would never be a threat to Veracor's Vet Level Supremacy. 😎 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice