Suggest a good Gold-side solo character

9 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

Frost with even a half full fury bar decimates!

I was gonna suggest a Ice Melee Stalker of some kind, but it's a bit of a downer they have to wait to 18 for Ice Patch.   It's so useful against all those ambushes.  Scrappers and Brutes get it at 8 though!  Nice!  Or should I say... N-Ice!

I am tempted to try an Ice/Nin Scrapper.  I've been meaning to try Scrapper Nin since I'm very familiar with it on Stalkers and everyone says it's better on Scrappers.  Hmmmm......

29 minutes ago, Skyhawke said:

All this talk of gold side got me wanting to run it again all the way through Night Ward. Took SeraphimKensai's idea and reversed it with an Ice/Elec brute and so far, loving it. Frost with even a half full fury bar decimates!

Enjoy. More power to you if you get it to 50 before going through the portal to primal earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

IfYouBuildIt.jpg

Sounds like Fleshlight's marketing strapline!

I've posted in Gen Disc... rather than derail this thread and add to the usual fora confusion:

Please make your mark there if interested. Thanks

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
linky

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 5/17/2023 at 5:15 PM, TheOtherTed said:

Random question - I haven't seriously played Gold since before we got those tip missions that let you chase down exploration badges.  Is that a thing Gold-side as well?

Yeah, goldside has the tour guide tip missions as well.  Even up to Night Ward.

• Thanks 1

I took on the Gold-side arcs with an Elec/Elec defender, pausing XP and running every arc through 20.  Honestly, anything works.  However, I do recommend (as was mentioned earlier) that you take hover and possibly stealth if you have ranged attacks.  The ghouls can be rough, so stealthing and staying out of melee is very helpful for a low HP defender.  I'm thinking about going Gold-side again with another toon.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ZemX said:

everyone says it's better on Scrappers.  Hmmmm......

It's particularly sexy in powersets where you have a big punchy power that can also hold crit strikes proc for another big punchy power, like EM.

Especially EM, since opening with TF that has CS slotted guarantees two charges of fast ET, the first of which should be a Crit.

But yeah, something like that so you can get back to back crits on your openers. 

On 5/18/2023 at 3:30 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

Enjoy. More power to you if you get it to 50 before going through the portal to primal earth.

My journey was running well until I finished First Ward at 26. Now it's a slog of repeatables until I hit 30. Will definitely do double xp to push to 28 and then 30 next time I do this.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

3 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

My journey was running well until I finished First Ward at 26. Now it's a slog of repeatables until I hit 30. Will definitely do double xp to push to 28 and then 30 next time I do this.

I admitting had to teleport to Pocket D and then ran player made story arcs the rest of the way. Once I was 50 I finally took the jump to primal earth, because a praetorian can't get stat boosting accolades.

16 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I admitting had to teleport to Pocket D and then ran player made story arcs the rest of the way. Once I was 50 I finally took the jump to primal earth, because a praetorian can't get stat boosting accolades.

I dipped into Pocket D as well to push to 30. Back on track now in Night Ward. Once I finish that, it's off to the different Praetorian zones to get exploration badges, then Pocket D to do @Darmian's Praetorian arcs and things like the SBB or more AE stuff to get to 50. THEN, Paragon can have me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even as a Gold you can do all the iTrials and Cathedral of Pain when you hit 50, provided they're started in Praetoria or Echo Plaza or Pocket D.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Just remembered that if you have a Praetorian SG, you can put the pillar of ice and flame in the base and access all the Praetorian content. You can literally do everything Praetorian before having to leave Praetoria. Wish I'd remembered that before going to Pocket D, would've worked on badges while getting xp.

• Thumbs Up 1