Help with ghostly medieval maiden

Force Redux

Hello. I come seeking the help of the costume gurus, I've had no luck in coming up with a costume I like, mostly due to lack of long gowns or the like. I hope someone can jury-rig something that would fit the character.

Character: Necro/Dark MM, ghostly woman in gown with princess hat (or something else/hood?) that is long, flowing. Monochrome, as I'll use glow aura and stealth to make her 'spectral'. Tried using various skirts, boleros, capes, but not reallying getting anything to gel. 

Anyone up for the challenge? Kind thanks in advance! 🙂

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

I can't speak to the costuming, but have you considered using Spectral for the hands and face?  White, pale grays, and even some of the palest blues give off a ghostly vibe which can be enhanced via auras.

Hi Tech, thanks for the tip. I tried using it in the CC, and it is a possibility for sure, on dim enough luminosity there are still some vague facial features with Spectrum; I do need to think about the costuming though., still fiddling about. 🙂

The last thing anyone will ever accuse me of being is a costume guru, but I'll post what I have in hopes that it helps inspire. I tried to make a similar ghostly 'lady in white' character a while back and felt the long dress/gown options were a bit lacking, but it turned out to be one of my favorite costumes. I can't remember offhand the names of the actual parts, but I am happy to share the costume file if you are interested. I only used black and white, although the leggings have some built-in gold accents. Here she is 'haunting' a library in a tribute to 'Ghostbusters' (the character herself is a tribute to 'The Fog'):

liz_library.thumb.jpg.2f7942fc7b58e5cd5a13984083732a62.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I can't remember offhand the names of the actual parts

It looks like some of the wedding set pieces with a bolero over it.  Some sort of stealth power, (or IO), to give the translucent effect is a must!  Very nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

The last thing anyone will ever accuse me of being is a costume guru, but I'll post what I have in hopes that it helps inspire. I tried to make a similar ghostly 'lady in white' character a while back and felt the long dress/gown options were a bit lacking, but it turned out to be one of my favorite costumes. I can't remember offhand the names of the actual parts, but I am happy to share the costume file if you are interested. I only used black and white, although the leggings have some built-in gold accents. Here she is 'haunting' a library in a tribute to 'Ghostbusters' (the character herself is a tribute to 'The Fog'):

liz_library.thumb.jpg.2f7942fc7b58e5cd5a13984083732a62.jpg

Fantastic thank you. I think I know exactly which parts they are, while not exactly medieval, however, these do have an old-fashioned feel to it that should suit my character idea. Thank you!

• Like 2