Fun with cephalopods

Snarky

Ach!  Mein PUGs.

Sooooo....  I joined 2 people in IP to take down Lusca.  A few more were recruited.  I think we got up to 7.  We were not doing bad.  Not fast.  Couple deaths.  Making progress.  Get him down to two arms and we attack the head.  By "we" I mean one other.  Three attacked an arm.  Teo stood around.  I asked nicely, I explained.  Nooooo, that arm was going down.  And the next.

Sooooo... Now we are on the head.  I cannot resist.  In team chat I say.  "Little known fact, there is a seafood truck to the west you can kill before you kill the head as well."  slight pause. "Is there a badge?"  I cannot help myself. "Oh yeah, truck says Spanky's on it."  THREE of these folks head to the west like Yomo's over there giving out billion inf prize sacks.  Of course our DPS went to shit.  I laugh, and then call them back.  Damn.  Does no one recognize sarcasm anymore?  Has that what this world has come to?

• Haha 10

And here I was expecting a rant against or for Kheldians...

• Haha 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

45 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Wait, Lusca can actually defeat players? 🤣

I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

Yes, and very quickly if you're dumb enough to aggro multiple tentacles or just have bad RNG.  Lusca actually hits like a truck when he hits at all.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Yes, and very quickly if you're dumb enough to aggro multiple tentacles or just have bad RNG.  Lusca actually hits like a truck when he hits at all.

A truck with "Spankys" on it?

• Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

On 5/29/2023 at 2:27 PM, Snarky said:

Three attacked an arm.

I was just following the team leader (Hōshasen-ken, Kat/Rad Brute). Still, the payoff for Lusca is already fewmets compared to the other GMs -- you're essentially defeating nine GMs for one 6-point merit reward -- so getting an extra 48k XP for the last two tentacles helps.

I do have to admit that it was hilarious to watch half the team dash off after the 'food truck', though...

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I was just following the team leader (Hōshasen-ken, Kat/Rad Brute). Still, the payoff for Lusca is already fewmets compared to the other GMs -- you're essentially defeating nine GMs for one 6-point merit reward -- so getting an extra 48k XP for the last two tentacles helps.

I do have to admit that it was hilarious to watch half the team dash off after the 'food truck', though...

It actually made me wince to hear you talk about how important the experience was.  the merits?  meh.  I only deal with giant monsters for badges.  period.  once in a great while i will join smashing adamastor for a few,  but he is punctual and quick.  But i pass that up 19 times before I am bored enough to trek to the far end of echo dark astoria.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

It actually made me wince to hear you talk about how important the experience was.  the merits?  meh. 

It was a special case for the character; I hadn't played her for a while, and I wanted to finish off a bar of experience before I put her back down. Also, the time it takes to finish off a tentacle helped me with internalizing a change to the rotation I'd been using to put Divine Avalanche solidly in the cycle, where I'd been badly underutilizing it previously because of its low damage; I was able to see the change in incoming damage when I inserted it on recharge as often as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1