Purple IOs for Heal, Resist Damage, Defense Sets, ...

17 minutes ago, Vindicator said:

Protip -  Options are a good thing.  If you don't want new purple sets with a +10% recharge bonus for your builds, then don't use them.  It's really that simple.

Protip - Disagree we need more of the same + recharge. If we want options then lets as for new and varied options for new purples. Not the same old same old. It's really that simple.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Protip - Disagree we need more of the same + recharge. If we want options then lets as for new and varied options for new purples. Not the same old same old. It's really that simple.

Protip # 2 - It's not all about you.  You see, not everyone can use the same purple sets as you, so yes... they do need more options for the "same old same old".  Apparently I didn't explain it simple enough.

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Vindicator said:

Protip -  Options are a good thing.  If you don't want new purple sets with a +10% recharge bonus for your builds, then don't use them.  It's really that simple.

So you don't want others to state that they don't like it, and anyone who *does* is "keeping you from having options," even though nobody here has any power to keep anything away from anyone if they're not a dev.

*shakes head*

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, people have a reason other than trying to keep you, personally, down for disagreeing with the idea?

Protip # 2 - It's not all about you. 

Best keep away from magnets with all the irony in that statement...

Edited by Greycat
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 minutes ago, Vindicator said:

Protip # 2 - It's not all about you.  You see, not everyone can use the same purple sets as you, so yes... they do need more options for the "same old same old".  Apparently I didn't explain it simple enough.

What you aren't understanding is that some players, like myself, would rather there be a greater variety of options rather than more sources of the same option.

(Edit: Everyone having the same cookie cutter build as everyone else isn't very fun to me. Being able to be creative in how I enhance my characters is half the fun of the character. And sometimes even leads me to better versions of the character than before that isn't a copy-paste of everyone else's character.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, Vindicator said:

And again disagree. Luckily it's not up to you or me. If the devs feel like adding more power creep by adding more sets with +recharge then that's up to them. Adding more +recharge is not more options. It's the same stale options they have had on purples for a decade. I would prefer something new.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

So you don't want others to state that they don't like it, and anyone who *does* is "keeping you from having options," even though nobody here has any power to keep anything away from anyone if they're not a dev.

*shakes head*

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, people have a reason other than trying to keep you, personally, down for disagreeing with the idea?

I want you think... slowly... and really hard... about what the three of you (or is it one of you?) are doing.  You want to disagree with someone, and then cry when you are questioned about why you disagree?  Wow.  Just... wow.  How dare us mere mortals attempt to question your disagreement of something that doesn't even have to effect you.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Vindicator said:

I want you think... slowly... and really hard... about what the three of you (or is it one of you?) are doing.  You want to disagree with someone, and then cry when you are questioned about why you disagree?  Wow.  Just... wow.  How dare us mere mortals attempt to question your disagreement of something that doesn't even have to effect you.

Why we disagree was stated.

You just don't like the reasons.

You're entitled to to that.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Why we disagree was stated.

You just don't like the reasons.

You're entitled to to that.

That's a lie.  You reacted 6 hours ago to my post, but didn't reply until 28 minutes ago.  Unless... you just admitted that you did reply... but with a different account?  I mean... you did just say "we".

Edited by Vindicator
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Vindicator said:

You need to reread the posts. Slowly.

There's been zero "crying." There has been *a statement of disagreement with a suggestion.* Hell, it wasn't even a statement in my case until you started trying to state that a *thumbs down emoji* was somehow trying to ban people from being able to want things. You also have not "questioned" why anyone disagrees, and even tried to dismiss one person's explanation as to why they do when they offered it anyway. The closest you've come to discussion is basically saying "You disagree with me so you're wrong" to people.

YOU, meanwhile, have deliberately gone into another thread to start trolling. As well as have been the one disparaging others for disagreeing in *this* one.

As far as not affecting me? It affects builds. It affects the way I deal with people around me, and expectations for future content. It keeps purple sets, frankly, *boring.*  That is not "crying." That is not trying to keep you down or make it so you can't post (though I suspect you probably should step back for a bit, given your reactions to basic discourse.) That is an opinion, mine, which I am as free to state as you are to state yours, and which has just as much weight as any non-dev's. That is to say, essentially zero.

If you can't handle that? That's on you. *I* am going to state my opinions, whether by emoji or novel-level post, whether you like it or not. Just like everyone else is free to do.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 minutes ago, Greycat said:

YOU, meanwhile, have deliberately gone into another thread to start trolling.

So not liking your suggestion is "trolling"?  Riiiiight.

7 minutes ago, Greycat said:

As far as not affecting me? It affects builds. It affects the way I deal with people around me

Like I said... it's not all about you.

10 minutes ago, Greycat said:

If you can't handle that? That's on you. *I* am going to state my opinions, whether by emoji or novel-level post, whether you like it or not.

Talk about irony 🤣

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Vindicator said:
23 minutes ago, Greycat said:

YOU, meanwhile, have deliberately gone into another thread to start trolling.

So not liking your suggestion is "trolling"?  Riiiiight.

You went into another thread with the explicit purpose of derailing that thread. That looks like trolling to me.

As for the OP of this thread? The devs will do what the devs will do. I'm tired of repeating myself. My hope is for more options as in greater variety. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Vindicator said:

Because of the nature of my work IRL ... this does not work they you think it does.

In this thread are players wise and knowledgeable about the game.

1. You were disagreed with
  2. It was stated why
  3. Options were given.

This is how forums work.

I DO agree we need more options in set bonuses outside of +recharge.

If You need recharge in your build ... there are ways to make that happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

/e poofgone

10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

You went into another thread with the explicit purpose of derailing that thread. That looks like trolling to me.

Wrong.  I went into another thread, read the OP's suggestion, disagreed with it, and then took the time to explain why I disagreed with it

13 minutes ago, Rudra said:

My hope is for more options as in greater variety.

So... "screw" the other players that don't have the same options that you do because you want more variety?  That's a really self-centered way of looking at things.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Because of the nature of my work IRL ... this does not work they you think it does.

What?

5 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

In this thread are players wise and knowledgeable about the game.

Right... and how dare they be questioned 🙄

6 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

You were disagreed with

Okay.

7 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

It was stated why

No, not be everyone... until they were called out.

7 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Options were given.

Yes, and some very self-centered ones at that.

8 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

This is how forums work.

Only because some of them obviously have nothing better to do than live on the forums.

9 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

I DO agree we need more options in set bonuses outside of +recharge.

Okay, but keep in mind that there are some folks out there who don't have the same options that you do.

11 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

If You need recharge in your build ... there are ways to make that happen. 

Yeah, no.  Not falling for the whole "Just take Hasten" excuse.  Some of us want the same +recharge opportunities in our builds from purple IO's that others have.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Vindicator said:

What?

Right... and how dare they be questioned 🙄

Okay.

No, not be everyone... until they were called out.

Yes, and some very self-centered ones at that.

Only because some of them obviously have nothing better to do than live on the forums.

Okay, but keep in mind that there are some folks out there who don't have the same options that you do.

Yeah, no.  Not falling for the whole "Just take Hasten" excuse.  Some of us want the same +recharge opportunities in our builds from purple IO's that others have.

Because of the nature of my work IRL ... this does not work the way you think it does.

Apologize for the typeo - hope you comprehend the whole toxicity of Protip and Protip #2

Also hope you see the toxicity of parsing out someone elses words and thereby losing the context of the whole statement.

Not only is discord and disagreement a natural part of a discussion, it is vital.

An inability to tolerate or accept that is .... well I hope you can figure that out.

There are people in this very thread who have disagreed with me, and in some cases proven me wrong.

I still listen to them and value their opinion.

You want something and you want it now.

Ok.

You be you. (of course you will)

Most will consider you and your approach trolling and put you on ignore.

This has made me think of rewatching the original Willie Wonka for some reason ... 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

/e poofgone

54 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Because of the nature of my work IRL ... this does not work the way you think it does.

Apologize for the typeo - hope you comprehend the whole toxicity of Protip and Protip #2

Also hope you see the toxicity of parsing out someone elses words and thereby losing the context of the whole statement.

Not only is discord and disagreement a natural part of a discussion, it is vital.

An inability to tolerate or accept that is .... well I hope you can figure that out.

There are people in this very thread who have disagreed with me, and in some cases proven me wrong.

I still listen to them and value their opinion.

You want something and you want it now.

Ok.

You be you. (of course you will)

Most will consider you and your approach trolling and put you on ignore.

This has made me think of rewatching the original Willie Wonka for some reason ... 

And I hope you comprehend the whole toxicity of "Newsflash", but of course no one called him out for using it, right?

Your words weren't "parsed".  They were addressed point by point.

I want something that is equitable for everyone.  At no point did I state that I wanted it "now".

Now, you be you (of course you will).

Continue to think that you speak for everyone else.

I'm done with you.

• Thumbs Down 2

@Vindicator 

You are discounting unknown stats and variables that could be even better than recharge.

For example the devs could be working on a new stats never before seen like

+10% cast speed

probably not. but that's beside the point.

Variety is the spice of life.

While we may disagree on what we want, we all want the same thing

MORE PURPLE IO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

4 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

@Vindicator 

You are discounting unknown stats and variables that could be even better than recharge.

For example the devs could be working on a new stats never before seen like

+10% cast speed

probably not. but that's beside the point.

Variety is the spice of life.

While we may disagree on what we want, we all want the same thing

MORE PURPLE IO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want EQUITY for those builds that have a hard time getting purple IO sets in their builds with a +10% recharge bonus for Healing, Endurance Modification, Defense, Resistance, Taunt, To Hit Buff, To Hit Debuff, Slow, Defense, Fear, and Knockback.  THAT'S what I want 🙂

For the sake of fairness, I opened up Mids to see if I could make a character that couldn't get 5 purple sets slotted. I first tried a Mind Control/Empathy Controller because I figured that would be the most likely. Except it could slot 7 different sets. So I tried a Battle Axe/Invulnerability Scrapper, and it could slot 6 sets. So I tried an Archery/Bio Armor Sentinel that only had Inexhaustible from the secondary, and it could also slot 7 sets. Finally I tried a Beast/Cold Mastermind, and I finally found one that could only slot 4, provided I took Field Mastery as my APP. Otherwise it also got up to 5. To be fair, all of them had the Fighting pool as a pool pick. I also avoided Soulbound Allegiance even if it was an option and avoided ATOs.

Quest for less than 5 sets - Controller.JPG

Quest for less than 5 sets - Scrapper.JPG

Quest for less than 5 sets - Sentinel.JPG

Quest for less than 5 sets - Mastermind.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

For the sake of fairness, I opened up Mids to see if I could make a character that couldn't get 5 purple sets slotted.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Finally I tried a Beast/Cold Mastermind, and I finally found one that could only slot 4, provided I took Field Mastery as my APP

Everyone can slot 5 purple sets with the 10% recharge bonus just from pools. The fighting pool alone gives everyone access to 3 - Boxing slots Absolute Amazement, Kick slots Hecatomb, and Cross Punch slots Armageddon. Experimentation's Toxic Dart slots Apocalypse and Corrosive Vial slots Ragnarok. Force of Will's Project Will and Wall of Force, respectively, can do the same. There are a smattering of other pool powers with which to mule purples, but I am just showing you can do it solely with two pools - Fighting and either Experimentation of Force of Will.

Even if you are not inclined to take either Experimentation or Force of Will because you want to take the holy quad of pools, every AT has access to at least one ranged damage power (at least from your epic pool) to slot Armageddon. Every AT will also have access to at least one more control power (Immob or Hold) or a ranged AOE. Add that to Fighting and you have five. This isn't even including ATOs. And just in case people say this kind of extreme muling is not practical, I want to point out that a lot of endgame builds mule Absolute Amazement in Boxing. Add your ATOs and no one can make the excuse of not having full access to 50% recharge from purples. The real reason we tend to have less is because these days we spend slots on procs instead and Hasten/LOTGs/Force Feedback proc are usually sufficient when paired with Ageless.

For heaven's sake people here talk like they have no experience minmaxing every day.

Nonetheless I have no objection to there being more sets with the 10% recharge bonus. This is not because I want them. It is because having that 10% recharge bonus as the main star of a new set's bonus will cap power creep - as I said, everyone has full access to at least five sets with that bonus already. I am in favor of lateral improvements - basically giving people more options to attain the same level of power, rather than adding new levels of power that will upend the gradually normalizing balance work that the HC power team is doing.

Edited by Rigged
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

36 minutes ago, Rigged said:

Everyone can slot 5 purple sets with the 10% recharge bonus just from pools. The fighting pool alone gives everyone access to 3 - Boxing slots Absolute Amazement, Kick slots Hecatomb, and Cross Punch slots Armageddon. Experimentation's Toxic Dart slots Apocalypse and Corrosive Vial slots Ragnarok. Force of Will's Project Will and Wall of Force, respectively, can do the same. There are a smattering of other pool powers with which to mule purples, but I am just showing you can do it solely with two pools - Fighting and either Experimentation of Force of Will.

Even if you are not inclined to take either Experimentation or Force of Will because you want to take the holy quad of pools, every AT has access to at least one ranged damage power (at least from your epic pool) to slot Armageddon. Every AT will also have access to at least one more control power (Immob or Hold) or a ranged AOE. Add that to Fighting and you have five. This isn't even including ATOs. And just in case people say this kind of extreme muling is not practical, I want to point out that a lot of endgame builds mule Absolute Amazement in Boxing. Add your ATOs and no one can make the excuse of not having full access to 50% recharge from purples. The real reason we tend to have less is because these days we spend slots on procs instead and Hasten/LOTGs/Force Feedback proc are usually sufficient when paired with Ageless.

For heaven's sake people here talk like they have no experience minmaxing every day.

Nonetheless I have no objection to there being more sets with the 10% recharge bonus. This is not because I want them. It is because having that 10% recharge bonus as the main star of a new set's bonus will cap power creep - as I said, everyone has full access to at least five sets with that bonus already. I am in favor of lateral improvements - basically giving people more options to attain the same level of power, rather than adding new levels of power that will upend the gradually normalizing balance work that the HC power team is doing.

Basically what I was checking, but didn't want anyone to say I was depriving them of their Holy Quad. Thanks for the verification. (Just means I am more opposed to even more +10% recharge bonuses.)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1