Purple IOs for Heal, Resist Damage, Defense Sets, ...

10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Not all purple sets have the +10% recharge bonus though. Soulbound Allegiance, Superior Frozen Blast, Superior Winter's Bite, and Superior Avalanche don't grant +10% recharge bonus.

Some superior ATOs, too. Example dominator, maybe controller and tanker. 

Speaking of this: I really hope the devs will consider a generic Mez IO purple in the vein of the Controller/Dominator ATOs. Some powers have multiple mez effects and I feel dirty contaminating my build with filthy Hami-Os. Rebirth server (one of the other servers we are not particularly hostile to) also has a generic debuff IO set, for tohit/defense debuff and slows. I think it would be nice also to have a combination healing/endmod set. While this is not strictly part of the OP's suggestion, to prevent people from stacking their builds with these they could be implemented as unique purples.

Edited by Rigged
Removed the part about a healing purple. Purples are currently only found in powers you use on enemies.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

Not all purple sets have the +10% recharge bonus though. Soulbound Allegiance, Superior Frozen Blast, Superior Winter's Bite, and Superior Avalanche don't grant +10% recharge bonus.

3 of those aren't purple sets.  Just Soulbound.

Soulbound doesn't give +Recharge and the range Purple Set (Apoc Set) doesn't have the standard Purple set combination of bonuses either.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Winter Origin enhancements are still classified as Rare or Very Rare enhancements depending on whether they are the standard or superior forms. The superior versions are treated the same as the purple sets, having the same requirements to be slotted. (You must be level 50 to slot a superior form Winter Origin enhancement or to catalyze a standard form to a superior form.) They also grant the same magnitude bonuses. So they are the same in my book.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

The Winter Origin enhancements are still classified as Rare or Very Rare enhancements depending on whether they are the standard or superior forms. The superior versions are treated the same as the purple sets, having the same requirements to be slotted. (You must be level 50 to slot a superior form Winter Origin enhancement or to catalyze a standard form to a superior form.) They also grant the same magnitude bonuses. So they are the same in my book.

Your book is wrong, and as BrandX stated they're missing the +Recharge bonus that for some crazy reason you seem to have an aversion to.

Edited by Vindicator

5 hours ago, Rudra said:

But none of the Winter sets give a +Recharge bonus

• Thumbs Up 1

And neither does Soulbound Allegiance, which is a purple set. And they are purple sets because they are Very Rare sets. Which the superior versions of the Winter Origin sets are as well.

Overview

Winter Origin (WO) Enhancements are all-unique and attuned enhancements. There are four damage sets and a hold set, for a total of five sets. Standard winter enhancements grant set bonuses that are roughly equivalent to rare enhancement sets, while superior winter enhancements grant set bonuses that are roughly equivalent to very rare enhancement sets

Superior Enhancements

Enhancement catalysts can be applied to the standard enhancements to boost them to "Superior" versions with higher enhancement values and bigger set bonuses. However, catalyzing a winter enhancement will also increase the minimum level requirement to 50, similar to very rare (purple) enhancements.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Winter_Origin_Enhancements

7 hours ago, Vindicator said:

Your book is wrong, and as BrandX stated they're missing the +Recharge bonus that for some crazy reason you seem to have an aversion to.

There are 10 purple sets if you drop ATOs and WOs. Of those 10, 1 does not have the +10% recharge boost. We can only gain the benefit of any specific bonus, like +10% recharge, up to 5 times. And there are already 9 sets that grant it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Yep, no one really agrees to the classification of "Purple"   Especially since making ATO and Event sets Superior gives them a purple outline.

Though maybe Purple should be reserved for "Can only be slotted by a 50"

We have the Very Rare which are Purple which share some properties.

Very Rare Sets that we don't have:

Recharge Intensive Pets, Sniper Attacks, Accurate Healing, Healing, Defense, Resist Damage, Fear, Knockback, Threat/Placate, End Mod, ToHit, Debuffs, and Travel.

Edited by lemming
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, lemming said:

Yep, no one really agrees to the classification of "Purple"   Especially since making ATO and Event sets Superior gives them a purple outline.

And you can argue that ATOs and WOs are like-but-distinct to purple sets, because you can get purple IOs as ordinary crafted IOs and then boost them, while applying a catalyst to an ATO or WO gives it a purple border, but they cannot be boosted. They share some characteristics but not all.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

And you can argue that ATOs and WOs are like-but-distinct to purple sets, because you can get purple IOs as ordinary crafted IOs and then boost them, while applying a catalyst to an ATO or WO gives it a purple border, but they cannot be boosted. They share some characteristics but not all.

They can't be boosted because they are attuned. They started as attuned when in standard version and stay attuned when made into their superior version. If you attune the Very Rare sets, they also cannot be boosted. And once an enhancement is attuned, I am unaware of a way to de-attune them in order to boost them.

Edit: And yes, I know that the purple sets function as if attuned despite not being attuned, but if you attune them for any reason, they become no longer boostable. And ATOs and WOs start out attuned.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Vanden said:

This is news to me. Purple sets give 25% more enhancement value and have Ultimate-level set bonuses. It seems pretty unambiguous, IMO.

The part what one calls a purple seems an issue.

Making an ATO or Event Superior gives that 25% boost and the very Rares do tend to have that same Enh number, unless they get boosted.  (And really, Very Rares should have the ability to attune them disabled since I'm pretty sure there is nothing gained)

The part that is ambiguous is the Event, ATO, and Very Rares being called Purple and then we get a back and forth about you shouldn't attune purple sets and then people get pedantic.   And a conversation that was probably just about Very Rares gets side tracked and shoots off into the weeds.

And of course, one Event set can not be made superior.

Based on the OP wanting perhaps a Orange that could then have a catalyst to make Purple, they may have meant an Event enhancement instead of the Very Rares.  And there we only have Holds, Melee AOE, Melee, Ranged AoE, Ranged, and the non-superior Universal Damage.

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

There are 10 purple sets if you drop ATOs and WOs. Of those 10, 1 does not have the +10% recharge boost. We can only gain the benefit of any specific bonus, like +10% recharge, up to 5 times. And there are already 9 sets that grant it.

Not everyone can slot 5 purple sets in their build.  So, like the OP stated, it would be nice to have more options.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Who says there's been power creep in this game?!  I want more purple sets!!  /s

I mean, just how much more OP do we need to be happy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

21 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I mean, just how much more OP do we need to be happy?

Well, we've already had at least one thread asking to be like we are in the first "flashback" mission in Ramiel's incarnate arc - where nothing can touch you, you've got a ton of recharge, and even an unslotted controller can take out (reflections of) top tier enemies...

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 6/6/2023 at 8:27 PM, Vindicator said:

Precisely my point.  We need more purple sets with it.

(looks at thumbs down)

Well... it's easy to see who doesn't want the rest of us to have options around here.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Vindicator said:

(looks at thumbs down)

Well... it's easy to see who doesn't want the rest of us to have options around here.

Wow.

News flash - *people can have differing opinions.* It's not some secret cabal trying to keep you down. 

Followup - people agreeing or disagreeing with it doesn't mean jack about it getting into the game or not, unless those people are the devs themselves who would make those changes. And given no dev has commented in the thread...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

25 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Wow.

News flash - *people can have differing opinions.* It's not some secret cabal trying to keep you down. 

Followup - people agreeing or disagreeing with it doesn't mean jack about it getting into the game or not, unless those people are the devs themselves who would make those changes. And given no dev has commented in the thread...

Protip -  Options are a good thing.  If you don't want new purple sets with a +10% recharge bonus for your builds, then don't use them.  It's really that simple.

• Thumbs Down 3