The Homecoming WIKI

Darmian

Hi all.

Every month we donate to keep the servers/shards up and running, and that's cool. But I'll just point out that the HC WIKI also needs some love now and then.  Most of us use it regularly and it's hosted by one lone volunteer by themselves.  So if you're feeling generous wander over there and help keep the lights on.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - A City of Heroes Community Wiki

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Microphone 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

26 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

ooh didn‘t know about this, i’ve always been using the archived paragonwiki

This one is being kept up to date with Homecoming additions.  

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

30 minutes ago, Darmian said:

This one is being kept up to date with Homecoming additions.  

Not only that but the addition of Issue 24 and 25 stuff that’s never been documented before. Some parts of the Homecoming Wiki are heads and shoulders above the old paragon wiki. 

On other other hand there are still many, many parts that need updating or completing. The Homecoming wiki is a fork of Paragonwiki, and there is a TON of stuff there!  There is so much that it would need tens of people, a small army,  to update it in a couple months.  I think there’s only a handful of volunteers working on the Homecoming wiki at the moment. They could definitely use more. You pretty much get to choose what you want to work on… within reason. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

ooh didn‘t know about this, i’ve always been using the archived paragonwiki

yeah, dont go that.  The new one has the new badges, missions, and at least one of the Devs is slowly but surely meticulously combing that database for errors and updating missing links.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Darmian said:

Hi all.

Every month we donate to keep the servers/shards up and running, and that's cool. But I'll just point out that the HC WIKI also needs some love now and then.  Most of us use it regularly and it's hosted by one lone volunteer by themselves.  So if you're feeling generous wander over there and help keep the lights on.

A good thing to point out.  Those of us who've wanted to donate to the game but always miss the opportunity due to the rapid response, can still have an impact, and at our slower pace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Techwright said:

A good thing to point out.  Those of us who've wanted to donate to the game but always miss the opportunity due to the rapid response, can still have an impact, and at our slower pace.

I'll probably post again, or just bump this one, in a month.  After the HC donation window obviously 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

yeah, dont go that.  The new one has the new badges, missions, and at least one of the Devs is slowly but surely meticulously combing that database for errors and updating missing links.

i assumed only the archived paragonwiki and CoH fandom (which i’m not a fan of the UI) existed

the HC wiki looks great - clean interface and easy to navigate

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Darmian said:

Hi all.

WHAT?!

One person maintains it ....wow

I use it a lot

Much thanks to that one person

image.jpeg.f6db58ef30e31442f567e18aa5ef2ac5.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

1 hour ago, Darmian said:

I'll probably post again, or just bump this one, in a month.  After the HC donation window obviously 🙂

....make mention that "if you missed the HC server donation, don't miss the WIKI donation!" 😛

• Haha 1

• City Council
7 hours ago, JasperStone said:

WHAT?!

One person maintains it ....wow

I use it a lot

Much thanks to that one person

image.jpeg.f6db58ef30e31442f567e18aa5ef2ac5.jpeg

I maintain the hardware it runs on, but there are a number of amazing people that help update it, without them it wouldn't be the amazing resource it is.

Thank you so much for this thread, it means a lot that folks appreciate the work that goes in to keeping the wiki up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 4 weeks later
On 7/1/2023 at 4:42 PM, Darmian said:

Hi all.

I'm bumping this again, for EXACTLY the same reason as stated above. Help keep the lights on, folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Game Master

Hi everyone

Just to clarify, the HC Wiki is run by Michiyo who hosts it on their own with no financial help from the main Homecoming team or monthly donation window. If you can, any donations would be gratefully received. I can attest to Michiyo's integrity and honesty, so any money donated will only be used for the costs associated with hosting and running the wiki. As GM's we find it invaluable to helping players navigate what can sometimes be a complicated game. We use it all the time when we get tickets asking about things from mission difficulties to badge locations. There are a small dedicated group of players who go through and edit old information up to date and add new information when we change or add stuff. Michiyo and their team  recently went through adding links to badges and places of importance so you can just click the copy button and paste into the game for a pin to appear on the map. I think many of us would be lost, or have a much more difficult time if it wasn't there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 6

• 1 month later

Another bump for something well worth a bump. I don't know how many times I have used the wiki but it's a LOT. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've noticed a style bug in the Homecoming wiki pages. All the pages have tabs at the top — 'Page', 'Discussion', a language drop-down, then 'Read', 'View Source', and a 'More' drop-down, with a search box at the right. Pages that have been edited, however, have a 'View History' tab to the right of 'View Source', and here is where the bug lies. On my Galaxy Tab S6, using Firefox mobile, the 'read', 'view source', and 'view history' tabs are continuously sliding left and right, with the 'more' drop-down tab sliding left into view from under the search box to cover the 'view history' tab as it slides right, then sliding right out of view under the search box as the three tabs reverse and slide left, uncovering the 'view history' tab. This constant motion both makes it hard to tap on the tab you want and the motion is distracting, causing the top of the page to flicker (which may be a rendering issue on mobile devices). It doesn't prevent using the pages (at least, not unless you object to having to play whack-a-mole trying to tap on the 'more' drop-down), but it does pull the eye away from the page content.

Out of respect to all of those that maintain and update:

I Am A Librarian The Mummy GIF - I Am A Librarian The Mummy Evie - Discover  & Share GIFs

• Thanks 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• 4 weeks later

It's that time again, fellow CoHers!  I appreciate all the work put into the Wiki, and use it regularly and I hope you people do too. Support your local Wiki!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later

I'm just going to bump this because it's frankly worth bumping, even if it IS a thread I started. That's not the point though. Support your local wiki!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later

December bump for a worthy cause! So get donating, good people!

47 minutes ago, Darmian said:

December bump for a worthy cause! So get donating, good people!

Done!

• Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present