Magic

Akiceter

20 minutes ago, Akiceter said:

I'm thinking of making a character that's Magic themed. What combo of powers would look good but be able to play well?

Ok, so I always felt Kinetic Melee had a kind of “Magic” feel to it. Some nice KD’s with its burst, and some ranged moves to boot! I have a KM/Ice Armor Stalker that is a “Cryomancer” theme.

What kind of magic?  Is this an ancient sorcerer who made a pact with an eldritch entity and ended up immortal?  Is this a modern-day goth kid who found out they actually ARE descended from witches?  Is this a street magician whose magic became real when they bought a new prop at a second-hand store?  Is this an angelic being from an apocalyptic future who has come back in time to save humanity?

Just about anything can be made to fit a "magic" theme (especially since we can color our powers now), so narrowing down the specific type of character you want would help a lot.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

With the exception of some tech-looking sets (traps,ect) most sets could conceivably be magic.

I like the idea though of energy blast colored to look like light.

There is the Sorcery pool, which, as its name implies, is geared toward magic themes.  Demon summoning has a similar aesthetic to it.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Olivia Newton-John – Magic Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Magic can be depicted in many forms, even in roller skates 🙂

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 7/25/2023 at 6:37 PM, Akiceter said:

Magic themed. What combo of powers would look good but be able to play well?

I'm a character conception player, so I would have to have more details in order to help you other than suggesting the sorcery pool.

I would tend to think of magic powers covering a lot of archetypes in the game, but I would probably pick one of these:

Blasters

Controllers

Masterminds: Demons or Zombies

Corruptors

Dominators

I would avoid Empathy. 

can you give us a little more about what you are looking for out of your "magic" powers?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I made an ode to Dr. Strange as an Ill/dark.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 7/29/2023 at 1:49 AM, User said:

katana/dark scrapper because Elric.

There is a Titan weapon that is a sword with mystic runes on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.