Yomo's New and Improved Bang-Up Salmagundi Spectacular!!!

I don't think so... But try it and see!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 1/6/2024 at 9:32 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Welcome new players!  Yes, this is for you!

I've been pointing new players here often. :D

But not everyone wants such a jumpstart, and that's all good too. 

57 minutes ago, Andreah said:

I've been pointing new players here often. 😄

But not everyone wants such a jumpstart, and that's all good too. 

I nominate Andreah to start a Faux-Yomo Cheese and Cracker Snacker donation.  Send e-mail, receive 100,000 inf.  Do I have a second?

31 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I nominate Andreah to start a Faux-Yomo Cheese and Cracker Snacker donation.  Send e-mail, receive 100,000 inf.  Do I have a second?

Or.. send me 100,000; and receive no thank-you back!

• Haha 1

I am giving notice that I am going to discontinue this giveaway as of February 29, 2024.  I'm invoking the "this is taking way too much of my time" clause, since I don't actually play play very much anymore.  I will probably continue to do various works of good and evil in this sandbox, but I want to give everyone plenty of notice.

An idea:  I would be more than happy if someone else wanted to take over this task or a similar one and be funded by me.  If it were a name that I recognize and can support, I'd be happy to front them a chunk of change that is earmarked for this type of giveaway.  Of course, there would be something in it for themselves, you know, a little something for the effort.  I'm happy to listen to proposals, either here or through DMs.

Happy hunting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

Who run Bartertown?

Is there a way to make the Money Bag backpack drop clickable items? I ask because it would be hilar...aweso...good for the community to have Yomo running around Atlas with clickable cash flying out his backpack that would have random influence values. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

1 hour ago, Philnblanc said:

Holy cats!  I hope I am not too late to get in on this! I just came to Homecoming a few days ago - used to play the original game in the olden days.  My new characters are dirt poor.

Just follow the instructions above and Yomo will bless you generously 

On 1/22/2024 at 9:42 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I am giving notice that I am going to discontinue this giveaway as of February 29, 2024. 

We'll hurry and advertise it as much as possible until then!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later

Friendly reminder that I'm "officially" discontinuing this giveaway in about two weeks.  Y'all have done a great job of communicating it to people who may not read the forum, and I say keep it up!  People tell me that they read about it on Discord, Reddit, the Wall Street Journal, and numerous chats on PUGs.

This is open to ANYbody who would like a one-time inf(usion) of inf.

Party on.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Who run Bartertown?

On 7/26/2023 at 10:25 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

EDIT:  (22 January 2024).  I am officially giving notice that this giveaway as it stands will cease February 29, 2024.  Details in a later post on this thread.

I have decided to give away a portion of my inf for my own inscrutable reasons.  Here's how it works:

1.  You send me an in-game email to @Yomo.

2.  I send you an in-game email with 100mm inf.

EDIT:  Here is how you send an in-game email.  If your Chat window is not open, press "C" to open it.  Across the top you will see captions that start with "Team", "League", etc.  Click on the caption that says "Email".  The window that now opens has two captions "Inbox" and "Character Items".  Click on Inbox and hit the New button.  For To: input "@Yomo" with no quotation marks.  Write something, anything, in the subject line and in the main text box.  Hit send.

EDIT:  Please do not send an in-game email to @Yomo Kimyata.  There is a difference between forum handles and in-game handles!  I do also have an account with that email, but I rarely log onto it.

FAQ:

Q:  Whut?

A:  Yup.

Q:  Why?

A:  My own inscrutable reasons.

Q:  Can I have more?

A:  Nope, and only one request per global name.

Q:  Can I have less?

A:  Nope, I will not give you one sou less than 100mm.

Q:  What if I have more than one account?

A:  Do as you will.  Make a hundred accounts!  Only one gift per global.

Q:  How long will this last?

A:  Until:  1.  I run out of disposable inf; 2.  I get really bored with it; 3.  Someone seriously griefs me and I stop my giveaway in outrage.  I highly doubt it's going to be the first one.  I'd guess not any time soon(tm), so no rush.

Q:  What's the turnaround?

A:  When I log in, I'll check my emails and respond.  I'm usually on at some point most days.  It will not be instant, but generally within 24-48 hours.  EDIT:  Call it a few days at this point.  If you send more than one email, I'll only respond to one of them.  I keep a database so I'll make sure you get only one gift.  But I will get to you and if I cancel the giveaway I'll say so in this thread.

Q:  What if I send you a tell or a message on these boards?

A:  Please don't.  I'm only going to send 100mm checks to those who send me an in-game email.  I'd rather not get drowned in tells, and it certainly won't induce me to send you inf faster.

Q:  Can I tell my friends?

A:  Absolutely.  I'm only going to post this here on the boards, but if you want to tell your friends or SG or whoever is in Local chat, go right ahead.

Q:  What if I already capitalized on a previous giveaway?

A:  We're cool.  If you want inf, who am I to gateway?  Come on in!

Good luck and happy hunting!

Hello Yomo

Returning player here, how do you send a Global Tell to someone?

37 minutes ago, KITANYA said:

Hello Yomo

Returning player here, how do you send a Global Tell to someone?

You need to send Yomo an in game email. It's one of the tabs in the chat window. The @ means it's a global character name so any character on that account can see the email.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

32 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

You need to send Yomo an in game email. It's one of the tabs in the chat window. The @ means it's a global character name so any character on that account can see the email.

How to send a mail to someone on another server?

Do i just type @Yomo?

12 minutes ago, KITANYA said:

How to send a mail to someone on another server?

Do i just type @Yomo?

Correct, it goes to the person's global account which is across all servers.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Three things I learned today:

1.  If your email box is full, you cannot send a reply email.  I've never had a full email box before!  If you were trying to send me a message and it bounced, try again later.  I'm not on every day any more but I'll get there.

2.  About 2/3 of the requests are incredulous that such a giveaway is happening, and they are sorry if some nincompoop named @snarky is trolling me but they are shouting out in Broadcast and on the off chance it is true can I haz sum?

3.  It would actually be a pretty good way to troll an enemy.  Kind of like ordering 50 pizzas sent to their house.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Who run Bartertown?

44 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

2.  About 2/3 of the requests are incredulous that such a giveaway is happening, and they are sorry if some nincompoop named @snarky is trolling me but they are shouting out in Broadcast and on the off chance it is true can I haz sum?

631e2c4b5b07e1d3ab37b6b08a3f6fac.gif

• Haha 6

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

20 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Three things I learned today:

1.  If your email box is full, you cannot send a reply email.  I've never had a full email box before!  If you were trying to send me a message and it bounced, try again later.  I'm not on every day any more but I'll get there.

3.  It would actually be a pretty good way to troll an enemy.  Kind of like ordering 50 pizzas sent to their house.

so tempted to continue to do this after you end it now.  on a throway alt acct....of course.  me so smartz

• Haha 1