Yomo's New and Improved Bang-Up Salmagundi Spectacular!!!

EDIT:  (29 February 2024).  The "official" giveaway is over, but I will continue to monitor my in-game emails and I will continue to give inf away.  The main difference now is that I will do it if and when I'm able to get to it, and that is going to be significantly slower than it has happened in the past, or even at all.)

EDIT:  (22 January 2024).  I am officially giving notice that this giveaway as it stands will cease February 29, 2024.  Details in a later post on this thread.

I have decided to give away a portion of my inf for my own inscrutable reasons.  Here's how it works:

1.  You send me an in-game email to @Yomo.

2.  I send you an in-game email with 100mm inf.

EDIT:  Here is how you send an in-game email.  If your Chat window is not open, press "C" to open it.  Across the top you will see captions that start with "Team", "League", etc.  Click on the caption that says "Email".  The window that now opens has two captions "Inbox" and "Character Items".  Click on Inbox and hit the New button.  For To: input "@Yomo" with no quotation marks.  Write something, anything, in the subject line and in the main text box.  Hit send.

EDIT:  Please do not send an in-game email to @Yomo Kimyata.  There is a difference between forum handles and in-game handles!  I do also have an account with that email, but I rarely log onto it.

FAQ:

Q:  Whut?

A:  Yup.

Q:  Why?

A:  My own inscrutable reasons.

Q:  Can I have more?

A:  Nope, and only one request per global name.

Q:  Can I have less?

A:  Nope, I will not give you one sou less than 100mm.

Q:  What if I have more than one account?

A:  Do as you will.  Make a hundred accounts!  Only one gift per global.

Q:  How long will this last?

A:  Until:  1.  I run out of disposable inf; 2.  I get really bored with it; 3.  Someone seriously griefs me and I stop my giveaway in outrage.  I highly doubt it's going to be the first one.  I'd guess not any time soon(tm), so no rush.

[EDIT:  This is "officially" over, but will continue in an unofficial manner for as long as I will continue to play.  However, that is infrequent, and may stop completely at any time without warning, so apologies if I have left the game completely.]

Q:  What's the turnaround?

A:  When I log in, I'll check my emails and respond.  I'm usually on at some point most days.  It will not be instant, but generally within 24-48 hours.  EDIT:  Call it a few days at this point.  If you send more than one email, I'll only respond to one of them.  I keep a database so I'll make sure you get only one gift.  But I will get to you and if I cancel the giveaway I'll say so in this thread.

[EDIT:  The "unofficial" turnaround is now:  "if and when I get to it."  I'm sorry to not be able to be more specific.]

Q:  What if I send you a tell or a message on these boards?

A:  Please don't.  I'm only going to send 100mm checks to those who send me an in-game email.  I'd rather not get drowned in tells, and it certainly won't induce me to send you inf faster.

[EDIT:  at this point, I will either ignore the tell or message on these boards, or possibly send an owlbear to your home to devour you in your sleep.  Apologies in advance.  Only in-game email.]

Q:  Can I tell my friends?

A:  Absolutely.  I'm only going to post this here on the boards, but if you want to tell your friends or SG or whoever is in Local chat, go right ahead.

[EDIT:  As long as they read this thread and understand my conditions, we are still groovy.]

Q:  What if I already capitalized on a previous giveaway?

A:  We're cool.  If you want inf, who am I to gateway?  Come on in!

Good luck and happy hunting!

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
Pedantry
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

I'm @finnthehuman (gasp, yep, my global) - and everyone can feel free to send me kind messages!  except if your one of the crazy supremacist people.

i enjoy thunderstorms, goats cheese, and expensive character builds!

you may have heard rumors, and received excited whispers from other player - about my great costume designs, or my latest fighting HERO - Figs

Hes very famous and quite admired, even at lvl 21.

he could use some new shoes.

Remember to title all e-mails, "Spank me, Sugar Daddyata".

Also, repay the favor by dropping low level common IOs on him when you see him in Pocket D!  HE LOVES THOSE!

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Left 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, honoroit said:

Oh man, I miss the era when everyone making anime AMVs was a thing. I'm going to be stuck in that rabbit hole for hours now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Greetings!

I am Miss NotYom, a minion of Lord Recluse.   I have found a large stash of gold, hidden by the Gold Brickers in a boat in the harbor of Port Oakes.  Unfortunately, since I am watched at all times, I can not pilot the ship to Independence Port to be able to sell off the gold.  However, if I can get someone here that can pilot the ship for me, we can split the profit.   All I need you to do, is send me a small amount of influence to purchase proper credentials, and we will rake in more influence than you can hold in one bank account.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, lemming said:

Greetings!

I am Miss NotYom, a minion of Lord Recluse.   I have found a large stash of gold, hidden by the Gold Brickers in a boat in the harbor of Port Oakes.  Unfortunately, since I am watched at all times, I can not pilot the ship to Independence Port to be able to sell off the gold.  However, if I can get someone here that can pilot the ship for me, we can split the profit.   All I need you to do, is send me a small amount of influence to purchase proper credentials, and we will rake in more influence than you can hold in one bank account.

image.png.b518ebf64975057f4e711a4a72e430f6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

@Poltergeist Prince told me to tell you that he would appreciate in taking part of this unprecedented largess.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

21 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Q:  Can I tell my friends?

A:  Absolutely.  I'm only going to post this here on the boards, but if you want to tell your friends or SG or whoever is in Local chat, go right ahead.

fb61100d6f30772bcc31dbf5a868cfee.jpg

Yah, trickster you!

Shutdown one giveaway to start an even greater giveaway. Classic.

I'll be plastering this thread up all over the place.

kuuga-thumbs-up-kamen-rider-kuuga-thumbs

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Thumbs Left 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

17 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Q:  Why?

A:  My own inscrutable reasons.

Inevitable destruction and ruin?..

I'm not saying that's why I do redside giveaways.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company.

In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount. However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria. If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

• Haha 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

still a favorite Yomo moment.. just burning cash at the council of ebil.

spacer.png

On 7/27/2023 at 11:33 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

Domo arigato, Yomo dogato.  Domo . . . Yomo . . .

The time has come at last (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)

The problem's plain to see
Waaaay too much infamy

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Two comments on email.  First, please send it to @Yomo not @Yomo Kimyata.  Second, sometimes the email system is really screwed up.  Like occasionally I will log on and receive an email that was apparently sent over a year prior.  Maybe this is a server issue, since I notice it when I log on a shard I rarely use?  Dunno, but if I don't respond rapidly I'm not ignoring you.  In fact, if you send me another email a few days later because you haven't received anything yet, I won't mind at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Two comments on email.  First, please send it to @Yomo not @Yomo Kimyata.  Second, sometimes the email system is really screwed up.  Like occasionally I will log on and receive an email that was apparently sent over a year prior.  Maybe this is a server issue, since I notice it when I log on a shard I rarely use?  Dunno, but if I don't respond rapidly I'm not ignoring you.  In fact, if you send me another email a few days later because you haven't received anything yet, I won't mind at all.

Third, remember to attach a low level common IO, preferably something like Threat Duration or Fear.  YOMO LOVES THOSE!

😁

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.