Water Armour

I do like the look of the Water power-set but that's the only place you see it, I think lol,

SO my question is would a Water Armour Set be feasible??? and can the Devs manage it????

(If this a repost my sincere apologies)

-Mark

Possible? Sure! (Technically, it already exists as Ice! Its just hard water ;p ) Though this would take a ton of time and resources from a volunteer staff.

Question though is what would a Water Armor do that other sets currently do not?

I do like the look of the Water power-set but that's the only place you see it, I think lol,

SO my question is would a Water Armour Set be feasible??? and can the Devs manage it????

(If this a repost my sincere apologies)

-Mark

Possible? Sure! (Technically, it already exists as Ice! Its just hard water ;p ) Though this would take a ton of time and resources from a volunteer staff.

Question though is what would a Water Armor do that other sets currently do not?

Is that anything like paper armor? All kidding aside, I cant see water providing any type of protection as armor...not even in a comic book universe. Pure water, maybe...because all attacks would pass through you, but then again we already have phase shift, so...still cant see it.

I actually rather like this idea.  I imagine something a bit between Ice Armor and Bio Armor; a defense set with stances that visually/thematically covers amorphous characters like Inque or (really showing my age here) Alex Mack.  The set has very little resistance, instead functioning as a defense/regen kit with large "pools" (ha-ha) of hp and end.  The power names are placeholders.

Note: All powers in this set have a slightly higher than usual base endurance cost, which interacts with the stances.

• Dispersion: Toggle power with defense vs ranged an AoE.
  • Fluid Form: Auto power with defense to melee and +regen.
  • (Dull Pain style power)
  • (Mez Protection Toggle): Grants +recovery based on enemies in range, a "dehydrate" style.
  • (Power based on Steamy Mist): Stealth/defense toggle, probably with an aura component.
  • Tidal Shift: Stance power with two stances, "ebb" and "flood".  Ebb tide is an efficiency stance that provides an endurance discount, significant debuff resistance, regen, and slightly improves defenses.  In ebb tide stance, the set is less costly than most others, but it has no real offensive utility.  Flood tide has no endurance discount, so the base cost runs a little high, but adds +recharge and some powers gain damaging effects, +dmg, or debuffs.
  • (Auto power 2): Max endurance buff.  +?
  • (Toggle 4): Strong Tidal Shift interaction power, think Evolving Armor.  In Ebb, it should do an Absorb or HoT tick.  In Flood, probably a damage/debuff aura.  +?
  • (T9): ?  Open to ideas.  I kind of like a big freezing/burning whirlpool effect that heals allies and debuff enemies speed, rech, and res, but...

• Like 1

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Water Shield perhaps? Or maybe a Water Bubbler.

• Banjo 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I actually rather like this idea.  I imagine something a bit between Ice Armor and Bio Armor; a defense set with stances that visually/thematically covers amorphous characters like Inque or (really showing my age here) Alex Mack.  The set has very little resistance, instead functioning as a defense/regen kit with large "pools" (ha-ha) of hp and end.  The power names are placeholders.

Note: All powers in this set have a slightly higher than usual base endurance cost, which interacts with the stances.

• (Mez Protection Toggle): Grants +recovery based on enemies in range, a "dehydrate" style.
  • (Power based on Steamy Mist): Stealth/defense toggle, probably with an aura component.
  • Tidal Shift: Stance power with two stances, "ebb" and "flood".  Ebb tide is an efficiency stance that provides an endurance discount, significant debuff resistance, regen, and slightly improves defenses.  In ebb tide stance, the set is less costly than most others, but it has no real offensive utility.  Flood tide has no endurance discount, so the base cost runs a little high, but adds +recharge and some powers gain damaging effects, +dmg, or debuffs.
  • (Toggle 4): Strong Tidal Shift interaction power, think Evolving Armor.  In Ebb, it should do an Absorb or HoT tick.  In Flood, probably a damage/debuff aura.  +?
  • (T9): ?  Open to ideas.  I kind of like a big freezing/burning whirlpool effect that heals allies and debuff enemies speed, rech, and res, but...

Awesome ideas there :D

Mark-Stabler.jpg

Is that anything like paper armor? All kidding aside, I cant see water providing any type of protection as armor...not even in a comic book universe. Pure water, maybe...because all attacks would pass through you, but then again we already have phase shift, so...still cant see it.

Water armour destroys paper armour very fast, but it does give paper armour huge +def bonuses against fire!

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

• 5 years later
On 6/16/2019 at 2:44 PM, jack_nomind said:

I definitely like the idea