Slower Leveling Option

versidue

I would love a "slow mode" option that you could buy from the P2W vendor, that greatly reduces the amount of exp you get while leveling up to 50. Maybe you could even get a special badge if you level up all the way from 1-50 with this mode on!

I know you can turn exp gain off completely, but I personally find this puts a bit of a damper on things. There's no challenge! Anytime I really want to level up, I just turn exp back on and instantly do so.

What does everyone else think? I know this mode wouldn't be for everyone, but am I the only one? Or is there something like this in the game already and I just didn't realize?

• Like 2

No objection to the suggestion, but...

24 minutes ago, versidue said:

Maybe you could even get a special badge if you level up all the way from 1-50 with this mode on!

It wouldn't be special because there's no way to distinguish between "played to 50" and "power-leveled to 50".

26 minutes ago, versidue said:

I know you can turn exp gain off completely, but I personally find this puts a bit of a damper on things. There's no challenge! Anytime I really want to level up, I just turn exp back on and instantly do so.

As an option, it would be removable (turned on/off at P2W, or selected in the Powers menu and deleted) at will.  The end result would be commensurate with using the existing NoXP option.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The end result would be commensurate with using the existing NoXP option.

I disagree! For me at least, there's a real psychological difference between making small, incremental progress and *no* progress, and having to manually set the exp all the time forces me to always be aware of it. It makes every little action feel kind of hollow and pointless, because I *know* I'm not making any progress towards leveling up.

Setting my exp gain to be lower, once, and then never thinking about it again is vastly different from having to constantly switch exp on and off again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, versidue said:

What do you mean "instantly do so"?

You don't store up XP when you turn off xp gain and then suddenly get all that xp when you turn it back on again.

1 hour ago, versidue said:

What does everyone else think? I know this mode wouldn't be for everyone, but am I the only one? Or is there something like this in the game already and I just didn't realize?

Well, you could just die a lot and rack up debt.

Then I'm not teaming up with friends that use x2 xp boosts, I usually get 8 hours of it from the get go and then don't get any more.

When I'm running an arc that I don't want to out level, I turn off the XP.

I'm getting to the point where I'm leveling locking (turning the xp off for good) some of my characters at certain levels. Characters that are higher level and exemplar down have far greater powers than their teammates and I like the challenge of playing content within or, at least, near the level range. I already have over 100 characters, so can help stop the feeling that I need to create a new character in order to enjoy/take part in lower level content.

Would I run in a reduced xp gain mode? I don't think so. At that point, I might as well just turn off the xp gain/level-lock the character.

• Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

53 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

What do you mean "instantly do so"?

You don't store up XP when you turn off xp gain and then suddenly get all that xp when you turn it back on again.

Ah, yeah, sorry, that was a bit of an exaggeration. I know you don't literally level up instantly, but it certainly feels that way to me. I go from not worrying about leveling up at all, to suddenly blazing through levels once the exp is turned back on.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2023 at 10:45 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

im currently using the no xp option.

I worry im gonna miss out on something (cough, yellow content)

Same here.

Having a 25%, 50% 75% XP reduction option would be very handy Gold-side. Missed out on an alignment mission because I didn't toggle off XP prior to the completion of a single mission.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

4 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Same here.

Having a 25%, 50% 75% XP reduction option would be very handy Gold-side. Missed out on an alignment mission because I didn't toggle off XP prior to the completion of a single mission.

I think a 75% XP reduction would be perfect for our purposes.  

and omg I just realized this is a 

nerf XP thread &

somehow I'm for it 🤣

I'll see myself out now. 

<Saiyajinzoningen has left the chat>

• Haha 2

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

I created a character three years ago that I'm still actively playing and leveling. He's Level 22 - I turn off XP so frequently that he has a button in the power bar to do so. At the same time, I'm looking at it from another perspective - Inf is still earned when I turn off xp, so I think it should remain that way if players can purchase modifiers to decrease xp earned. I'm open to alternatives though. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png