Spectrum patterns

Greycat

So, Spectrum's an ... interesting look, and can lead to interesting shadings.

Still, after seeing a video where the lighting ... kind of reminded me of Spectrum, it also got me wondering if it'd be possible to do *patterns* that were also Spectrum-ized, even if it could only be used with Spectrum itself.

image.png.36238a07a06652378396efeee5b0a4db.png

... that sort of look, where you've got zones where you could put in another color (or shadow) that wouldn't necessarily be colored that way by default.

Yes, I'm thinking specifically on top of Spectrum itself... though if that could be brought over into normal patterns, that may be interesting as well.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Since the tinting on the spectrum pieces seems kind of wonky, (when you factor in how the primary and secondary colors produce the end result), I'd love to have one of the colors "locked', so it shows the actual color selected AND opens up the ability to apply patterns to it.

5 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

So while messing about in the costume creator i stumbled upon an effect that is similar to OP's request

Tight Metallic 3 

Malaise pattern (black and white colors

Glow aura (ymmv)

Rainbow travel aura 

Its not perfect, but is anything?

Screenshot 2023-09-16 073722.png

Screenshot 2023-09-16 073737.png

That... is surprisingly awesome....