POLL: Controller - best of AT 2023

honoroit

POLL: Controller - best of AT 2023  

61 members have voted

1. 1. PRIMARY - Most meta / best to play / most effective... best of controller AT 2023 - PRIMARY

• Darkness Control
    • Earth Control
    • Electric Control
    • Fire Control
    • Gravity Control
    • Ice Control
    • Illusion Control
    • Mind Control
    • Plant Control
    • Symphony Control
  2. 2. SECONDARY - Most meta / best to play / most effective... best of controller AT 2023 - SECONDARY

• Cold Domination
    • Darkness Affinity
    • Electrical Affinity
    • Empathy
    • Force Field
    • Kinetics
    • Nature Affinity
    • Pain Domination
    • Poison
    • Radiation Emission
    • Sonic Resonance
    • Storm Summoning
    • Thermal Radiation
    • Time Manipulation
    • Traps
    • Trick Arrow
  3. 3. EPIC POWER POOL - Most meta / best to play / most effective... best of controller AT 2023 - EPIC POWER POOL

• Fire Mastery
    • Ice Mastery
    • Leviathan Mastery
    • Mace Mastery
    • Mu Mastery
    • Primal Forces Mastery
    • Psionic Mastery
    • Soul Mastery
    • Stone Mastery

10 hours ago, honoroit said:

is that good or bad? 🙂 

Yes? /Storm is great but I found it exhausting to play.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Roaming Everlasting as the Peacebringer Ganymedean.

Ill/Storm/Psi with as much KB as possible: Just make the battlefield one giant chaos bubble!

• Like 2

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

This, as always, depends on what on defines as best. Plus, I think at what point does one try to take a look at the set and determine what its value is? I don't know enough about the various sets to really rank things, but I know Earth and Ill I would consider S tier for very different reasons. I need to IO out a few Plant builds, but I think that could join the list. Again, more work needs to be done, but I think /da currently is my favorite. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 9/16/2023 at 8:28 PM, egoprovince said:

Yes? /Storm is great but I found it exhausting to play.

Pair it with Plant.  Roots keeps everything right where you want it, but still allows knockdown from Sleet/Tornado/Lightning Storm for mitigation

Slightly at odds with Seeds of Confusion, but by the time you're throwing all your /Storm stuff you really only use Seeds as a way to mitigate the Alpha strike

I have a very support-oriented earth/pain/stone controller - slow-going solo, but very fun to play while teamed.  You have a great variety of buffs and debuffs to work with, and it's quite amusing to turn your animated stone into a painbringer with enforced morale!

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

I have a soft spot for Symphony. Really brings out some damage while being a fully fledged control set.

Illusion is probably objectively best.

Dark Affinity for secondary. The controller version is just too good, gets the best of Dark which was already a strong defender set, and stacks heavy buffs on top.

Psionic Mastery for epic is my favorite choice. Perma mez protection allows for maximum comfort. Controller epics are in a good spot overall, Psi isn't a clear winner with Primal and Stone offering sizeable boosts in other areas.

• Like 1