Dual Pistols vs Assault Rifle

TheOtherTed

Here is the 5-6 year old build.  DAB means I was running it with Kinetic Dampeners, Amplifiers, and Base Buffs.  That means it not only costs a small fortune to build to the build, but that it also costs a small fortune per hour to run the build (solo).  You can also add the Kinetic Shield Badge, and Wedding Band.  You can probably swap Hybrids and such around too for better durability.  Something similar should work for any primary with a snipe.

Beam Energy Sniper - Devries LRM NR DAB 1 - [i25].mbd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

To break it down: pistols/mc or pistols/ninja if you just want style, RP value and a ton of holstered weapons.

AR/tac for one of the best blasters you can make, and THE best pure ranged blaster, ar/ninja for one of the scariest blappers with incredible range clearing ability, just for clearing the trash before you murder the boss with your sword and snipe.

Edited by ScarySai

I've been kicking around a Pistols/Nin theme-idea and was wondering how many or which attacks in the Ninja Training set are based around using a blade?  The wiki doesn't exactly spell that out.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

They share the same names as the attacks from the Katana set:

Sting of the Wasp

The Lotus Drops

Golden Dragonfly

Those were my guesses, but I was afraid to plan for them, pick them up and then suffer crushing disappointment when it turned out they were lame karate chops or something.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 10/4/2023 at 8:38 AM, Linea said:

You can literally shoot stuff from so far away you can't even see it.  A fun but otherwise pointless build.

This would be great fun hunting GMs during Halloween, if not for all that pesky stuff like buildings that get in the way.

Go have fun!

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Those were my guesses, but I was afraid to plan for them, pick them up and then suffer crushing disappointment when it turned out they were lame karate chops or something.

There aren't really any big surprises in Ninja Training with the exception of Choking Powder, which seems like a fairly middling hold but when you pack it full of hold set damage procs, has the perfect cast time/recharge time/projectile speed to turn it into a Nuclear Sand Grenade.

• Like 2

I was going through the blaster secondaries and they changed out the ones that had a snipe in the secondary so my reply here is outdates.  there used to be a couple snipes there so you used to be able to get primary, secondary, and epic snipes.  Procced out right you could make stalkers cry at how slow;y their boss deleting happened