Auto-Level / Maximum

Mishii

Hallo,

Since this game is much older I would liking to request if possible for level bump to 50. This should be available to all, if even just for one character. Or a purchasable item or perk for assisting in donation.

I would be more encouraged to assist for that kind of perk. I really dislike having to grind again when all I wanting do is story mode without difficulty of death. 

I am sorry to sounding rude or coming across as whiny but to do this again is not something I wish for. I just not really wanting to try this over again. 

I not mind grouping but I would be happier to play by self and I wish there was way to download client and play stand alone without MMO aspect. To be able to set self with powers I want and customize as I wish. Especially for older game. 

For instance I always wanted try complete and only Healer. Emp/Kin Defender. 0 attack powers, all buff if teaming. Total reliance on team if I wanted to try to play with group.

I loved CoH/COV and loved challenge long years ago, but now I just wanting to play at leisure. I know this not way everyone feel but I just wanting say thanking you for such efforts and thank you for helping me relive past again.

however, this past maybe belongs best serve to my precious memory, and in the past.

I wish you all best of luck on this project!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

15 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I think playing on the Beta server would be exactly what you're looking for. Instantly level up to 50 with the /levelup command and there are fewer people there than even Indomitable. 

And the beta server also lets them instantly get their enhancements without needing to grind. So they can be fully slotted at level 50 from the get go.

21 minutes ago, Rudra said:

And the beta server also lets them instantly get their enhancements without needing to grind. So they can be fully slotted at level 50 from the get go.

Is this true?! 

how I find all beta server commands? This is exactly what I wishing for!

38 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I think playing on the Beta server would be exactly what you're looking for. Instantly level up to 50 with the /levelup command and there are fewer people there than even Indomitable. 

Yas! This is it!! Please telling me what all command may players use? How do I use it? How I create this? Where do I put such commands?? I would loving this option!

20 hours ago, Mishii said:

Since this game is much older I would liking to request if possible for level bump to 50. This should be available to all, if even just for one character. 

This comes up all the time.

You get a level 50 PVP character - Temporal Warrior - when  you make a character. That's for PVP game balance.

Things against auto-50s for PVE.

1) If you really want to auto-50, just door sit in the AE for an hour to 2.

2) The renaming policy (if it ever goes into effect) means all those auto-level 50's would never have to log in again in order to keep their name. Meanwhile, lower level characters that aren't 50 - regardless of how long they have been played - have to be logged in every set number of days or their name will be free to be grabbed until they log back in.

3) Why do you need so many level 50?

4) The actual game is level 1-49. Level 50 is only the end-game. Content stuck on the end of the actual game. There is much more game content than there is end-game content.

5) Other level 50's don't like have an unslotted level 50 on a team .... let alone a level 50 that has no idea how to play their character.

6) This isn't WoW or Everquest - there are constantly people leveling up characters and, if you can't find a team, people will join you if you recruit for whatever content you want to play most of the time (this of course is server/time of day/population level dependant)

20 hours ago, Mishii said:

Or a purchasable item or perk for assisting in donation.

This is never going to happen.

This pushes it way over the shaky ground to troublesville. 

It is selling something.

Homecoming doesn't sell anything and for good reason.

18 hours ago, Mishii said:

Thanking you!!!!!

Look like you found your bliss.

Have fun on the Beta servers .... but ... you should know that periodically all the characters on the Beta servers are deleted.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Nobody has mentioned you can download and set up your own server and tweak it to your hearts content.  I''very never done it so no idea what if any limits to changing things exist or how coding/computer savvy you need to be.   But you'd literally be the only one there.  Check for posts by NOPE tagged appropriately.  If I'm not mistaken it's how some of the other public servers were created.

What I would like is the option to start at say level 22; personally, I am tired of the low-level game. Majority of players have been around for years and would probably enjoy starting at a higher level especially in trying a new powerset combo; in seeing if you enjoy the new character or not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sir Paladin said:

What I would like is the option to start at say level 22; personally, I am tired of the low-level game. Majority of players have been around for years and would probably enjoy starting at a higher level especially in trying a new powerset combo; in seeing if you enjoy the new character or not. 

You can try out any power set combination, even at level 50, on the test server any time you want.

7 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Nobody has mentioned you can download and set up your own server and tweak it to your hearts content.  I''very never done it so no idea what if any limits to changing things exist or how coding/computer savvy you need to be.   But you'd literally be the only one there.  Check for posts by NOPE tagged appropriately.  If I'm not mistaken it's how some of the other public servers were created.

It's not that hard, honestly, though some things are really dicy if you're on a lower spec "server" (I can run around zones just fine, base editing is right out. I've been tempted to build a beefier machine for hosting my own for it.)

However, setting up itself is *really* not hard. You won't, as I recall, get any of the new-new stuff we've gotten here (unless they've updated the contents of the download,) but - from memory - you have options for "Issue 24" (as it was on shutdown) and "Issue 25" (the way Homecoming was on start, with some of the SCORE changes, Sentinels, etc.) It's been made extremely easy to set up, and the instructions and wiki are fairly easy to follow (even for non-computer folks) - they may look daunting, but it's a "take it a step at a time" process.

Now, tweaking, editing, sharing it for others? Yeah, there's a little more complexity there. But "I just want to be 50 and run around on my own" - yeah, setting up your own server and admin-commanding your way to glory is not that hard to do 🙂

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.