Corruptor Secondaries

Psylenz0511

I heard in game, not in jest, is dark miasma really a  good secondary. I never heard that before!

In short, oh yeah.

For example I have a Fire/dark corruptor and she is hottt. Target AoE rain, Target Aoe Blast all on a tar patch? yes please. Starts early finishes strong.

It's a great set. 

Nice heal.

Tar Patch has great -Res. 

Shadow Fall makes softcapping whatever you want possible. 

Fearsome Stare is nice Crowd Control. 

Howling Twilight (-regen) / Darkest Night make AV fights a lot easier. 

tar patch + any rain is a good combo

slot fearsome stare for -tohit

consider the teleport pool for Teleport Target to get your dark servant into melee for its [chill of the night] aura.  its a staggering -20% tohit out of the box AND its autohit

• Thumbs Up 1

Dark has a decent diversity of abilities. However, the main reasons I don't like the set much:

• Lack of any truly top notch abilities. There are certain abilities like Fulcrum Shift or Tornado that can carry an entire power set. Dark really doesn't have anything like that.
  • Dark is painfully slow. You'd be forgiving if you check your watch waiting for the abilities to animate. Almost everything Dark does takes a lot longer than comparable abilities in other sets.

On 11/7/2023 at 5:41 PM, Hjarki said:

Dark has a decent diversity of abilities. However, the main reasons I don't like the set much:

• Lack of any truly top notch abilities. There are certain abilities like Fulcrum Shift or Tornado that can carry an entire power set. Dark really doesn't have anything like that.
  • Dark is painfully slow. You'd be forgiving if you check your watch waiting for the abilities to animate. Almost everything Dark does takes a lot longer than comparable abilities in other sets.

HT is pretty top tier. Fluffy is also rather great to have on hand. Fearsome Stare animates in 2.244 seconds which isn't bad. Sure, Darkest Night has a long animation time, but so does Radiation Infection from Rad. Twilight Grasp has a longer animation time, but the heal is huge and based around you compared to Kin's Transfusion. 

My only real genuine problem with Dark for Corrs and Defenders is Controllers get a far better version of it for their AT. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

• 3 weeks later
On 11/13/2023 at 6:19 AM, Without_Pause said:

Darkest Night has a long animation time, but so does Radiation Infection from Rad. 

Not anymore it doesn't.  RI's animation time was shaved a while ago.   More than twice as fast now.

Would be nice to see darkest night and Nature's spore cloud get the same treatment.

• 2 weeks later

That's fine when the nuke is up, and you forgot Tar Patch. I did put together a Dark/dark Defender only to see my end recovery was nil. I still haven't gone back and tweaked it yet because the current numbers outside of that was as good as I had seen for a Defender. If I can get the end fixed, I should be rather happy.

In terms of the topic, support sets are in a incredibly good place right now regardless of the AT using them. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."