Storm Defenders

smnolimits43

So I was playing my Tank: NoLimits, doing a Katie Hannon TF, we defeated Mary six times, however we were finally unable to defeat her anymore.  It was set to high +4x8.  It reminded me of how powerful a storm defender can be.  So i have 2 lvl 50 storm defenders.  One is a lvl 50 Storm/Storm Defender, and the other is a lvl 50 Storm/Nrgy Defender.  Which one would you slot out.?? I only have 400mil to work with.  

23 minutes ago, smnolimits43 said:

Well, Magical Me has the better costume, and i'm not too sure i like Storm Blast.  Is Mids still having problems with putting builds on the forums ??

I just upload the files. I don't know enough about /storm to really help. Storm/en would only work for me if I did a number of KB to KD procs in the build. If I had 400 mill to blow on a Storm character, I would go /water or /dark.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

• 2 weeks later
On 11/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, Magnificus said:

i use 3.6.6

there is a menu option called "Build Sharing" third from the left

personally i think that it would be bad ass to go after a +7 mary but that is definitely something you'd want to know going in and pray you can find the folks that help with that

Biggest issue is the Purple Patch to defeat any +7 mob much less a +7 AV.  Just scratching the surface you'll want stacked Tactics plus other To Hit buffs to ensure consistently landing blows (base to hit 20% then pile on hers and allies to hit debuffs at 1.77× effectiveness) while any of your debuffs get greatly reduced ( 0.08% effective prior to AV resistances etc).  That 0.08 mod also effects your damage output which after everything else has to outpace her regeneration.   You'll also need to counter intense endurance drain from all the Electric Blast effects while keeping folks upright (both alive and literally upright against all the knockback).  Winnable I think yes but you're looking at a long long battle with ideally a fairly hand-picked team.

Edited by Doomguide2005

• 2 weeks later
On 11/20/2023 at 10:12 AM, Magnificus said:

i use 3.6.6

there is a menu option called "Build Sharing" third from the left

personally i think that it would be bad ass to go after a +7 mary but that is definitely something you'd want to know going in and pray you can find the folks that help with that

That's exactly what it is.  You don't go into a +4 KHTF with unslotted characters and with out some support, you're going to have issues.