Had a fun pug TF interaction that Snarky would be proud of today...

SeraphimKensai

I log into my claws/ea brute and it spawns into Cimerora. I'm immediately blind invited by a pug in zone, I accept, to see what's up, figured it'd be an ITF. I ask what their planning and they say a kill most ITF. I roll with the group, and in the nictus caves I get a tell from the MM with the star trying to tell me how to play. By this time I've pretty much established myself as the one taking the alpha, and have had to rush back a few times to save people that broke off. I replied back "you play your game, and I'll play mine". The MM goes on in a tell to me saying that they are the leader and they are leading...blah blah blah.

I tell the rest of the group sorry, and enjoy your veteran's day but the guy with the star is trying to tell me how to play, and I don't need someone on a power trip because they have a star next to their name telling me how to play.

I then proceeded to solo the ITF on the same character, free of any demands of which tunnel to pick or how to run my character.

Anyways folks, enjoy your day. And cheers to all my fellow vets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

your biggest mistake was joining a TF led by an MM 😛

I lead stuff all the time when I play an MM, even take mercy on poor single players and let them come with me when I tribox MMs on a SBB. That said, when I lead, I try to be clear up front with the game plan and I try to avoid micromanaging other people as I assume everyone has an average level of competence within our community.

On 11/11/2023 at 2:05 PM, Snarky said:

This on Everlasting?  I played there a bit when I joined HC and picked up a stalker for a few weeks.  They realllly did not like me.  And I ask, what is not to like?

Right?  The thing I love about playing stalkers is... and this goes all the way back to the beginning of CoV... nobody expects ANYTHING of you on a team.   Nobody follows the Stalker.  Nobody asks the Stalker to heal or buff them.   And if you ever do manage to do something noteworthy, everyone is super impressed like, "I didn't know Stalkers could tie their own shoelaces, even!" impressed.

But most of the time nobody really knows what my Stalker is DOING on their team and, this is key, are even less able to tell when I am NOT doing it!   It's great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

Right?  The thing I love about playing stalkers is... and this goes all the way back to the beginning of CoV... nobody expects ANYTHING of you on a team.   Nobody follows the Stalker.  Nobody asks the Stalker to heal or buff them.   And if you ever do manage to do something noteworthy, everyone is super impressed like, "I didn't know Stalkers could tie their own shoelaces, even!" impressed.

But most of the time nobody really knows what my Stalker is DOING on their team and, this is key, are even less able to tell when I am NOT doing it!   It's great!

Unless you tank because the team is hard up for tanky-types, or if you run waaay ahead of the team on the map, then TP them to the AV, or other such things.  I enjoy the tanking the most, THAT impresses a lot of people who don't know nany better.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Unless you tank because the team is hard up for tanky-types, or if you run waaay ahead of the team on the map, then TP them to the AV, or other such things.  I enjoy the tanking the most, THAT impresses a lot of people who don't know nany better.

Oh yeah, that's a whole lotta fun.  I have a Ice/Shield Stalker with Provoke and Ice Patch who has tanked for a few PuGs before.

Still, it's pretty rare I'll ever get asked to do that on a team.  If there's literally any other melee AT or a Kheld, you're off the hook.  Unless you end up tanking better than the team's first choice.  That's always funny too.

Edited by ZemX
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 1:41 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

I get a tell from the MM with the star trying to tell me how to play.

/ignore for the win

I would have stuck it out for the rest of the party myself, but, yeah, ....

On 11/11/2023 at 1:41 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

I replied back "you play your game, and I'll play mine".

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 11/11/2023 at 1:05 PM, Snarky said:

This on Everlasting?  I played there a bit when I joined HC and picked up a stalker for a few weeks.  They realllly did not like me.  And I ask, what is not to like?

Well... it's your breath. 😄

Shoot, I thought this was going to be a good PUG story. I really really miss great PUGs as a sort of usual thing.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com